Offered merch role

kmrichey

Earning My Ears
hi! I received my offer today for merchandise. I'm very excited, however when I talked to my interviewer she made it sound like I could be working exclusively glow carts. I was wondering if anybody has any insight or information on the merchandise rolesnat wdw. I would hate to work my entire program at night and outside. Thanks!

Just to offer a diff perspective, I worked Adventureland/Liberty Square in MK and we worked a few different indoor shops (Agrabah, Pirates, Memento Mori and The Christmas Shoppe) as well as the MK glow carts. They were all great experiences in different ways, but the glow carts were BY FAR my favorite shifts. It's fairly cool out at night so the heat is rarely a problem, and I really enjoyed the level of independence you're given (which is very different from an indoor merch role, where you're surrounded by other CMs at all times). I'll also say that while there are slow periods at indoor locations and those times can drag a bit, working a glow cart is 24/7 activity so it feels like it's over in the snap of a finger. I ended up trading a lot of my indoor shifts for glow shifts. I got merch again for this program and DEFINITELY am hoping to request glow training so I can pick up a few outdoor shifts again!

With all that being said, there are so, so many potential locations for merch CMs. There's a strong chance you'll either be indoors or work a combination of indoor & outdoor roles! I doubt you'll be exclusively outside. Actually, there's probably a stronger chance you'll be mostly indoors, since the resorts don't typically have outdoor carts (and neither do the water parks IIRC). If your recruiter asked things like "Do you mind working in the FL heat?" or "Are you comfortable working outside w/o supervision?" these are typical talking points for phone interviews, and (in my experience) won't necessarily reflect your actual placement. But if it's something that's really bothering you, maybe try shooting WDW recruiting an email stating your preference to work indoors? Obviously there's no guarantee your request will be granted but it's always worth a shot!

Thank you so much! I feel relieved!!! This is my second program so I'm very excited but also nervous. Last time I worked food service. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!