Official 2006 Marathon Weekend Brainstorming thread....

Last year, we did the Trails End dinner at 4:30--just when they opened the doors, and I was back at the hotel and in bed by about 9 pm. It worked very well.

A group of us did a Wishes cruise. I think karebear reserved it and then hust asked for anyone to join. We had time to socialize at the dock, and while waiting to cast off. As we went around, we talked a little, but also listened to the CM.

I like all the ideas. We arrive on the 4th and are there through the 12th. OI am off property in a house in Davenport(relatives) but plan on staying on property the night before and night after. I think I will need the sleep.

I would love to meet all of you have kept me going. Especially when I feel like there is no way I can do this.

I just got a quote for the Polynesian of well over 300 a night. Is there a special rate for marathon runners? Does this group book together and get a discount?
Angie_OH

Angie...you need 10 rooms to be able to get a group discount. I still haven't figured out where to stay. Looking at BCV or BWV so the family can just wander into EPCOT when it opens. But the Poly sounds cool too...if I can get a good rate. I sure don't want to pay rack rate there :scared1:

We'll probably just be in town for the weekend, but hoping we can get together with everyone at least once. Trails End takes ressies now...up to 2 years in advance if everyone wants to do that again!

Is everyone looking at Trails End for Friday night? If so, that sounds great. DH and I are arriving Thursday, staying at BCV and leaving Sunday or Monday. It depends on work schedules. I think our plan is to go to the Expo Thursday night, take it easy on Friday, hopefully meet lots of WISHers Friday night, do the 1/2 on Saturday, support the Mickey's and Goofy's on Sunday, party Sunday night, and come back on Monday.

BTW, I LOVE the idea of the tee shirts and CANNOT wait to hear the consensus on design.

keenercam said:
Is everyone looking at Trails End for Friday night? If so, that sounds great. DH and I are arriving Thursday, staying at BCV and leaving Sunday or Monday. It depends on work schedules. I think our plan is to go to the Expo Thursday night, take it easy on Friday, hopefully meet lots of WISHers Friday night, do the 1/2 on Saturday, support the Mickey's and Goofy's on Sunday, party Sunday night, and come back on Monday.

BTW, I LOVE the idea of the tee shirts and CANNOT wait to hear the consensus on design.

I like the idea of Friday night personally. B/c then I'd get to go :teeth: . However--it is uncertain how the Team In Training pasta party will go if they will split it up or what they would do. My family would have more fun at Trails End though :)

Should we post a poll--and get a tally going to have an idea of what to make our Group PS for? It could take a while to tally it up since everyone checks in at different times. The poll could be public as well so all they'd have to do is VOTE.

However--I will say...we went to TE this weekend and weren't as enthused as we were on a previous visit. So just a heads up on that. Not sure where else we could go though....perhaps if we toss around on pre-event dinner suggestions--we can post a poll on that and let majority determine. We don't have to keep the same location though I heard that is was a blast for all who went :)

Friday night works for me! But how do we eat the night before the half? Lotsa carbs?

Anyone have any thoughts on where we could go that has a lot of room? From what I remember of TE, it's not that big. How many people were there last year? I think Lisa's right...we need to get an idea of a head count. I would be bringing a party of 4 or 5, whatever restaurant we choose. Anyone else?

Actually--they say to eat light the night before--2 nights before should be your "carb load"---found this out at the last minute last race and verified it somewhere....but don't recall.

For us it will be 4--2 A and 2 C

So that is 9 total so far.

It will be just me on this trip, arriving on the 4th and scheduled to stay until the 11th, although that might have to be cut a little shorter since we just found out our precious pup needs surgery and my finances will be a little tighter than expected.

Thanks Lisa. Our sweet Keeper is a yr and half old golden. She has had a few medical problems, but she continues to be the sweetest furbaby imaginable.

It will just be me on the marathon weekend trip. I haven't decided exactly what dates I will be in the World yet. I have got to start checking on rooms, flights, etc. I would probably do the TE on Friday night. That was so much fun last year. I would also like to do a T-shirt. Just thought I'd get my numbers in.

Anyone who won't be around Friday that wants to do a Sat or Sunday dinner? I'm trying to change it, bit it looks like we will not arrive until midday Sat. Have we decided on a day for the dessert party yet? I'm up for it, as long as it's not before SUnday.

TXBelle-DH has ordered from them before and was happy with whatever he bought, lol!

We will be arriving the 5th, leaving on the 13th as we've rented points for a 1 bedroom villa at BWV. We won't be making dinner with y'all since we'll be dining with our DVC friends who also happen to be taking care of our son overnight at WL and bringing him to the finish line. I believe we're going to Whispering Canyon IIRC.

We definitely plan on resting on Sat afternoon and then making our way to MK because we're assuming we'll see the parade & fireworks that night--we hope! :) If anyone is planning beyond Sat, we'd love to take part.

We're also planning on doing the Family Magic tour ( I think that is the name) at MK on one of the weekday mornings and DS will be doing either the Grand Adventures in Cooking at the GF or the Albatross Cruise at the YC/BC on Wed so if anyone who'll be staying the following week and would like to send your kids off for some fun, we'd love to meet up.

DH & I will be up for Trails End, or wherever on Fri eve, would also love to do an Illuminations Cruise and culd probably be talked into a dessert party with very little effort. We live locally, one of the advantages of which is being able to go to DIS Meets whenever we want to! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter