Official 2006 Marathon Weekend Brainstorming thread....

TxBelle -- Those shirts are very nice, but, unfortunately, I don't wear sleeveless (actually MUCH WORSE now after losing some weight and having icky, icky arms). :confused3
Am still hoping to find lime green with short sleeves. :wizard:

Quote from Liz way back on the March 13 Thread
"So about the shirts....I found place that will imprint them as well! Here is the info...Shirt Info We would need to add a one time $15 set up fee for the printing. Printing can be a 12x12 area for the back of the shirts. For the price shown, that reflects a two color print. To add each color beyond two, we will need to add a $15 set up charge and $.65 per color per shirt. That is based on the 24-49 shirt price. If we get more it will get cheaper.....less, more expensive. For the artfully talented folks.....they would prefer the logo done in Adobe Illustrator, in an EPS file with the font seperately....in case they do not have it.....Since names on our shirts has been mentioned and it is going to get expensive to do such a thing....I know that some of the iron transfers that can be made on the computer are quite good.......is it possible to think about printing a name and then irioning it above the logo that we use so the ****s are personalized?

My thoughts on this are to get the logo together....and decide how many colors we would like it to be. Then I am thinking we need to have a shirt sign up form.....It is going to a few weeks to get the shirts made...then if there are additional names that need to get ironed on...so I am thinking we should think about placing the order no later than the end of September. I know it is early, but soemthing to think about! We also need to get an idea about how many shirts will be needed to be ordered so we can see where we are with pricing! "

wtpclc said:
My thoughts on this are to get the logo together....and decide how many colors we would like it to be. Then I am thinking we need to have a shirt sign up form.....It is going to a few weeks to get the shirts made...then if there are additional names that need to get ironed on...so I am thinking we should think about placing the order no later than the end of September. I know it is early, but soemthing to think about! We also need to get an idea about how many shirts will be needed to be ordered so we can see where we are with pricing! "

Sounds brilliant! I'd like an XL please...will need room for a long-sleeved Tshirt underneath the singlet. Dumb question of the day...what name to put on...real name or screen name?

I want my real name, so people can cheer for me. I think Lisa posted that if you put your name on your shirt, people will just cheer for you. I'm going to need all of the help I can get!

wtpclc: The bib they give you with your number also has your name on it so as you run (or walk) people will cheer--it is pretty cool. Keep in mind they request the bid be worn on front and fairly high--they need to see the number so that any pics taken on the course can be easily found--I am sure there are other reasons too.

So are we talking about getting shirts and having them shipped to us individually, or being given out at some point. I also like the idea of having an iron-on transfer done, and downloaded so that we can put it on our own shirt--like last year--Tiger Lily did it for us last year (I think) I waited too late to try to do it so I didn't have a WISH shirt.

Hmmm..how about real name on front/screen name on back. If it doesn't add to much to the cost--you want the crowd to cheer for you---but I saw so many shirts from behind---nice to not have to turn around to see a name :).

At least from behind--we'll recognize a WISH friend and their screen name--not sure my brain power would be up to recognizing fully.

However--I'll be wearing a TNT singling on top--so it doesn't matter much for me :(.

The names on the BIBs are rather small when you are jetting on by (yes, when you walk, wog, or run--you are jetting on buy :)). The Larger your name--the better it will be seen. As long as your Bib is above your waste, it is all good!

For our singlets, we do washable puffy paint--I did a kind of yucky job on mine--but you can save printing costs and add the name yourself if you wish. Our team used a silver puffy pen (wish I had used it) and the names were beautiful and wash nicely.

Both sounds cool, though no one can pronounce my screen name. I'll have to remember to put Mel instead of Melissa or y'all won't know who I am either :teeth:

I didn't realize names were on the bib. Lisa, I like your idea for front and back. Can we put out names lower on teh front so the bib won't cover it?

mel - At least your name can be pronounced, even if incorrectly. I really wish I had changed mine before I got tagged. :sad2: Just list for people calling "Hey! Chimichanga Girl!"

I want my Tshirt now!!!

They can call me Chimi Girl if they want...and if they buy me lunch :p

Hello fellow runners, I am new to Florida and have been running marathons for a few years now. My uncle has recently told me about the GOOFY run in 06. As of this moment there are no more entries available. Is there anyway to buy an entry and run under someone elses name for those of us who are new to this event? Any help at all would be wonderful. Thank you :banana:

florida transplant said:
Hello fellow runners, I am new to Florida and have been running marathons for a few years now. My uncle has recently told me about the GOOFY run in 06. As of this moment there are no more entries available. Is there anyway to buy an entry and run under someone elses name for those of us who are new to this event? Any help at all would be wonderful. Thank you :banana:
I cannot tell you for sure, but I know that several people here were unable to register because it was closed. If there were a way to get around it, I think it woudl have been shared. I haven't heard of anything, though. There are people on teh WISH tream talking about 07, though. Hopefully, you can join them for that!

I think there are some "teams" participating that might have spots available. If I recall, someone had said that was the case.
Team in Training
Stroke team
I'm not sure what all but I remember seeing those shirts so maybe that might get you somewhere

You might email the registration folks if they have info.

However, those teams may have a dollar amount requirement in their fundraising.

Good luck

Does anyone go to PI for the post race party? What all do they have. I know the clubs are there, but do they have any type of ceremony or presentations, since they say it's part of the event weekend?

If I can move Sunday night I might try to go, but if there really isn't anything race-related, I'll probably head to ESPN Zone for the football games!

Terri

florida transplant said:

No there isn't.

You are ID'd at expo and they have a special check in at EXPO I believe.

They will place a bracelet on your wrist..that you wear until you cross the finish line at the half..then you go to a special tent...they will cut it off and then place on a new one.

If you are already registered for one event, you can do a fundraising team...and sign up for the other one that way (but you have to fundraise though). When they see an entrant in both events, you will automatically be entered as goofy---however, when you get to expo, you may have to speak with someone about that.

I am doing Team in Training and I will not be officially entered at Disney until about November/December as that is when they will submit the participants from our group.

ETA: As you are in Florida--not sure where you are from, but TNT minimum fundraising this year Disney for those locations that by default don't need airfare (so most of Florida) is $2200. I am in Central Florida and our recommitment is coming up in 3 weeks. There is still time to join. :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!