******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
So excited!!!:banana: After checking for the last several weeks with no availability, I was able to add on another day of FD at the start of our trip.:worship: We were already arriving on that day because airfare was a lot cheaper, but were settling for a room only discount for the first night and no free dining that day. So for all those out there still trying, don't give up hope!pixiedust:

When is your trip (approximately)? It's seems like the summer/early fall ones have additional dates but the November/December don't yet. I'm still checking though!

I'm currently booked at All Star Music w/ free dining during Thanksgiving week (11/18-24). I have consistently checked over the past few weeks, and have seen absolutely no availability for free dining at ANY resort level during this time period.

Music and CBR are showing availability for 9/29-10/5 and 9/30-10/6. Good luck and pixie dust for those still looking!! :shamrock: :wizard: :shamrock: :wizard:

We have a free dining bounce back for Dec. 10-16 at CBR. Now we have more folks who want to go and I see no free dining anywhere for that time frame. Have they been gone awhile or is it just since the weekend website updates?

We have a free dining bounce back for Dec. 10-16 at CBR. Now we have more folks who want to go and I see no free dining anywhere for that time frame. Have they been gone awhile or is it just since the weekend website updates?
CBR has been gone for a while I think. However the upgrade did get rid of resorts that were available before the upgrade so I would keep looking.

Unlikely it will open up with free dining as the resort is pretty full already from people booking to get the $75 gift card per night as well.

I'm kicking myself for not grabbing the FD offer a couple of days ago when I saw it. I was confirming one date with my husband, then poof! gone. :(

Anyway, does anyone have any tips/tricks for possibly finding it still? Our dates are 8/22-8/27, 2 adults 2 kids, 10 & 9. I spoke with a TM who said they pull from the same inventory as online but she was able to see things I wasn't. Unfortunately, the 11K room at a deluxe resort wasn't in my budget. Did I see a cancellation thread around here somewhere? Hoping if I'm diligent, I might get lucky. Thanks in advance for any advice!

I'm kicking myself for not grabbing the FD offer a couple of days ago when I saw it. I was confirming one date with my husband, then poof! gone. :(

Anyway, does anyone have any tips/tricks for possibly finding it still? Our dates are 8/22-8/27, 2 adults 2 kids, 10 & 9. I spoke with a TM who said they pull from the same inventory as online but she was able to see things I wasn't. Unfortunately, the 11K room at a deluxe resort wasn't in my budget. Did I see a cancellation thread around here somewhere? Hoping if I'm diligent, I might get lucky. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Sorry - I know the feeling, and it's disappointing for sure. It's been said that once the free dining rooms are gone, that even if someone cancels - it doesn't go back into the pool of free dining - it just goes back to a room. This was the second set for those dates that they released, so I wouldn't count on more, but I know if it were me I would keep looking until the July date is up. That's my plan with our dates.

That has happened to me before as well. But keep trying. I got an extra day on my package after trying for many weeks. Maybe closer to the 60 day mark you may have more luck.

Has anyone had any luck lately trying to get free dining at Caribbean Beach the week of Thanksgiving? Time is running out but I keep checking daily...just curious. Still hoping to take advantage of the gift card offer with free dining in a standard or water view room.

Has anyone had any luck lately trying to get free dining at Caribbean Beach the week of Thanksgiving? Time is running out but I keep checking daily...just curious. Still hoping to take advantage of the gift card offer with free dining in a standard or water view room.

The gift card incentive ended in months ago, you had to book by March or April 20th and anything booked after gets no gift card incentive. Free Dining has been sold out since first week offered, hopefully you can catch a cancellation

The gift card incentive ended in months ago, you had to book by March or April 20th and anything booked after gets no gift card incentive. Free Dining has been sold out since first week offered, hopefully you can catch a cancellation
I believe the PP meant she has the gift cards, but just hasn't been able to get free dining yet.

A second wave of rooms were released a few weeks back, so it is possible something may pop up again.

I believe the PP meant she has the gift cards, but just hasn't been able to get free dining yet.

A second wave of rooms were released a few weeks back, so it is possible something may pop up again.

Correct, I already have the gift card offer but have never been able to find free dining at CB for our dates. I'll keep looking daily.

Lori8481: I feel your pain. I got one room booked but had to wait for payday to book the second room and it hasn't been available since. Not sure what I will do. I have a deposit down on a non-discounted package, identical to my free dining package, but with only 6 days left to book, looks like getting free dining is nothing but a dream. I check every day, multiple times a day. Makes me sick to think that I might have to cancel :sad1:.
What I find frustrating is that I was able to book the exact same resort for my dates but supposedly no free dining spots are left?? I would think it would be based on the availability at the property/resort. So if I have a reservation at that property, booked during the promotional dates, I'm not understanding why it can't be with the free dining?! Oh well.

Lori8481: I feel your pain. I got one room booked but had to wait for payday to book the second room and it hasn't been available since. Not sure what I will do. I have a deposit down on a non-discounted package, identical to my free dining package, but with only 6 days left to book, looks like getting free dining is nothing but a dream. I check every day, multiple times a day. Makes me sick to think that I might have to cancel :sad1:.
What I find frustrating is that I was able to book the exact same resort for my dates but supposedly no free dining spots are left?? I would think it would be based on the availability at the property/resort. So if I have a reservation at that property, booked during the promotional dates, I'm not understanding why it can't be with the free dining?! Oh well.
It's disgusting of Disney

Have you tried calling?? Maybe you will get lucky and a sympathetic CM could talk to a supervisor and they could "find you a free dining reservation". I have heard of CM's finding pixie dust for others. I would call daily and just hope I got lucky. It's worth a try. I hate for anyone to miss out on a trip to Disney,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter