Official 2017 HHN-27 Thread

I've only been hearing good things about the Bill and Ted show this year. Hoping it's true as the last couple years have been a dud

Totally agree!

Last 4 years the show was flat for me
Have read how great it is this year

Also read the bill and ted shot glasses sold out
I buy shot glasses every year and hope more shipment comes in when I go

Hey peeps!!!

Mac, is there a HHN date list? Couldn't find it!

Flying out on the 28th! :tongue:

Will do my ressies THIS weekend!! :rolleyes2

:love::love:

Marco!!!

The hhn date thread has dropped to page 2

Not many have posted in it since hhn opened

Sent you an email and still waiting to here from you ....

I'll be there October 1
Will you still be there then?

Say yes....

• Liquid Courage – Tangerine rum with orange juice and sprite
  • Liquid Fear – Vodka cocktail with cranberry juice and lemonade
  • Midnight Madness – 50% Liquid Courage, 50% Liquid Fear
Liquid Courage tasted like orange Fanta. Liquid Fear tasted like grape Fanta. Someone had said orange and blueberry, which got me worried, but it tasted more like grape to me!
Yummy!

Enjoyed Dead Waters a lot last night..........2 guys behind us asked if they could follow us around doing house as apparently I was so much fun to watch being scared....lol

Blumhouse was good too, did enjoy that.

It was much busier last night, trick r treat scare zone was mobbed at one point.

Need to buy the souvenir drinks glass tonight as it looks so cool.

Also read the bill and ted shot glasses sold out
I buy shot glasses every year and hope more shipment comes in when I go

When we were in one of the shops, one of the employees mentioned that the Bill and Ted merch wasn't meant to be received/sold during the time we were there, but stores were already stocking the shelves with them. Makes me wonder what that is all about.

When we were in one of the shops, one of the employees mentioned that the Bill and Ted merch wasn't meant to be received/sold during the time we were there, but stores were already stocking the shelves with them. Makes me wonder what that is all about.
I Hope so !

I collect hhn shot glasses and the tall ones each year

Was told days ago bill and Ted shot glasses were sold out and likely they won't be restocked until after I am there
Boo Hoo

Call me heartbroken

report from last night 9/21
Arrived at the gates around 4:30pm, most of the front of the turnstiles were already take, forming lines maybe 2 groups deep, found an empty turnstile to the right, not the best part for the scaremony but first for that turnstile.
Like I mentioned before my DD16 was terrified, basically peer pressured by her boyfriend and friends to go. We were a total group of about 10. The TM came out around 5:30pm and pre-scanned tickets for the first 3 people on each turnstile just to check the system I guess, so at the time they opened the gates we just walked through the wheelchair entrance.
The Universal app showed accurate wait times (accurate as in what the actual house entrance was showing, more on that later)
We walked through Altars scare zone and Purge scare zone as we were waiting for the last of our group to arrive.
Finally got in line for Dead Waters around 7pm and it was a 25 minute wait. My daughter had been ok with the scare zones but a couple of things freaked her out:
1. She hates loud noises so of course the sounds in the houses are pumped
2. behind her were 2 of her friends that screamed the entire way through
3. She kept her eyes closed the entire way so she didn't really see anything, leaving all the screams and sounds to her imagiination
We exited and I could see she was shook up and upset, we soldiered on and I made the decision to watch the only thing she really wanted to see and that was Academy of Villains. Still doing the 10 minute show by Horror Make Up show, but it was oh so good.
We then walked through Trick r Treat, I agree that it was very crowded but made it over to Ash vs Evil Dead and it stated a 30 minute wait, my son realized he had ear plugs (he plays bass in a band and had his backpack with him) so my daughter put those on, they are the noise reducing where you can still hear things but it puts down the decibels, I told her to open her eyes, we had seen videos of this house and it looked more quirky/funny than scary. We went through and when we came out sh said she enjoyed it...YAY success
We got some pizza fries and then headed to Bill and Ted's for the 9:45pm show
The show was great, shed a tear at the end, it's always hard to see things close, no spoilers from the show but there were a lot of great moments.
Then on to The Shinning, it showed a 45 minute wait, again my daughter wore the earplugs and she had seen the movie so she knew the story she enjoyed all the details on it.
Right after The Fallen showed a 30 min wait on both app and entrance so we jumped in, ended being almost 55 minutes, I guess a lot of people got in line at the same time.
One of our group actually lost their phone inside the house, we went to ask a TM and I don't know how they did it but they found it within minutes
By that time (12:30am) I was pooped, my daughter and I sat down by the bakery while the rest went to do Saw (35 minute wait)
Left the park around 1:15am
Impressions:
To me this year's houses are better than last year (I only did 3 last year)
It was more crowded than what I was expecting
I cannot say which was my favorite house, tied for 1st are Dead Waters, Shinning and The Fallen
Ash vs Evil Dead cute house, never seen the show so most scenes went over my head
Scare Zones from best to worst IMO
Trick r Treat (watched the movie 2 days ago)
Altars of Horror
The Purge (it's getting kinda old though)
Festival of the Deadliest (what the heck is this one about)
Invasion (not scary at all, cool photo ops though)
This is the first year that I kinda sorta want to go again to finish the houses
Had the Liquid Courage at the beginning of the night and I swear I don't think there was any alcohol in it :)

I've only been hearing good things about the Bill and Ted show this year. Hoping it's true as the last couple years have been a dud
That's funny...I haven't heard one good thing about the show this year. Several people from work have done it and say it's the most ridiculous thing they've ever seen...just completely stupid. I can't stand the show so I won't waste my time on it.

That's funny...I haven't heard one good thing about the show this year. Several people from work have done it and say it's the most ridiculous thing they've ever seen...just completely stupid. I can't stand the show so I won't waste my time on it.
I think that for those that don't get that's it pop reference after pop reference it can seem stupid. I can say that this years show is better than last years, imho

Enjoyed Dead Waters a lot last night..........2 guys behind us asked if they could follow us around doing house as apparently I was so much fun to watch being scared....lol

Hahahaha. I always get that too.

Marco!!!

The hhn date thread has dropped to page 2

Not many have posted in it since hhn opened

Sent you an email and still waiting to here from you ....

I'll be there October 1
Will you still be there then?

Say yes....

If I can get a flight out, will leave next Wednesday and do Howl-o-Scream Thursday and then again Friday with Rick/Dora. If not, will fly out Friday morning and do HoS that night. Then HHN Sat and Sun.

Will see you that SUNDAY! :cool1:

Have made no ressies, no resort ressies, nor ticket purchase... :scared1:

Will do so this weekend.

We making any reservations for Finnegans on Sunday??

Marqui

Sounds good

Is Rick making the reservation at finnegans?

Keep in touch and make your room
reservation!

I think that for those that don't get that's it pop reference after pop reference it can seem stupid. I can say that this years show is better than last years, imho
You would have to be a fan to enjoy that show and I'm not a fan. I'm glad you enjoyed it but I am thrilled it's ending after this year.

Just got back from Universal - did the first six nights of HHN. Have not had a chance to go through this thread so some of this may be repetitive but anyway:

I have to stay it started out very poorly (especially the scare zones) the fist night. It did seem to get better from there. (It's possible the hurricane was a factor)
I also think it was far busier than they expected - they seemed very overwhelmed the first night IMO - and I found it was busier than I would have expected.
I think that may have been hurricane related as well as it seemed most of the folks I met at Sapphire Falls were Florida residents extending their stays for various reasons.
If you're there anyway you may as well take advantage of horror nights.

There seemed to be less scare zones overall - last year there were the side roads by Starbucks and transforms that had things going on as well.

I, like others mentioned, dont like the idea of not having an Icon for it.

They no longer have the nurses selling the shots - and the pre-made mixed drinks were very weak - but I had to buy a couple for the glasses.
This seemed to be a topic of conversation with many folks in line.

There are a few places with full bars (Finnegan's and Duff beer ) - so that can be dealt with - they also had a limited edition Dufftoberfest beer on draft in Springfield - I think that just showed up yesterday.
There are a lot of rumors from the bartenders in Citywalk that HHN will be going dry - I cant imagine that.
That being said there was still the same number of bar tents - but far fewer food tents - I always liked those food tents they had set up fro HHN as it was also stuff they did not normally have - and this year they were not there.
I only saw two tents with food and then the area by spongbob also had food for HHN - as well as the normal food in Universal..I was not the only one disappointed by that

Some nights had a special entry line for AP holders (same area as the line for resort guests) - but this was not every night
Some nights that just got you in quicker (I did not get to a holding area each night) - so it was similar to resort entry.

For the last two nights they walked you to Springfield before park opening - as I understand it you were supposed to pre-register for that - but I never got an email.
They let me in each night anyway - it was really good last night as I was able to get 5 houses done by 7 O'Clock (Blume, Hive, Scarecrow, Ash and Shinning) - so you may want to look into that if you have an AP.
They were walking pass holders up to Springfield right up until park opening

If you are thinking about a Unmasking the horror tour dont wait to book it, I made that mistake and was surprised it was sold out - you dont want to be disappointed

This is
Unmasking the horror tours
UTH

Call vip tours to book them

Morning or afternoon tours

I book both for the same day as it is discounted

Great tours for hhn!

Usually same line up for the house tours
Rare for them to be switched out unless weather damage, etc
Just an FYI for folks as i spent the last few days trying to book this directly through VIP services and guest services in the park.
(I dont understand why there is no one in the park who actually can help with these things - you have to call the 1800 number for VIP services or book it on line)
They offer a six house tour and then the morning and the afternoon tours.
I wanted to book the six house tour, but it was unavailable.
The morning and afternoon tours were both available - but they told me if I booked that it might be the same houses on both tours.
Seems a bit ridiculous and I did not book either in the end as they could not tell me which three houses -even on the morning of the tour.

Look forward to hearing about the tour and if pictures were allowed this year - they seemed to hint there would be in some areas of the houses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter