Official 2017 HHN-27 Thread

Well, it's over.

I did get a frequent fear pass this year and went four times, Sunday Oct 29, Monday Oct 30, Tuesday Oct 31 and Fri Nov 3.

I have to say, I loved the frequent fear pass. Sunday and Tuesday we only did a few hours. I loved being able to visit houses more than once.

I'm not sure if I thought the lines were really short any day, and unfortunately we could only do stay and scream once.

My ranked favorites:

Scare Zones
1. Trick r Treat: so beautiful and it really captured the spirit of the movie
2. The Purge: I know some people are tired of this but I think it just really works there. The American flag outfit guy seemed to find me each night. I'm still somewhat surprised that he never got me in the eye with his flag spear
3. The selfie zone (forget what it's called): it was nice seeing a lot of the house icons roaming around
4. Sci Fi Alien Crash: I really liked the design, though it seemed the scareactors mostly just stood around talking to each other. Not sure if they had the space to do much else.
5. The weird stripper demon dance area: I think my description of the name says what I thought about that.

Houses
1. Dark Waters: I loved everything about this house. I mean...they put a three story tall riverboat in there. So great!
2. The Shining: I thought the Golden Room bar scene was one of the best rooms in any of the houses.
3. The Fallen: Made me think of a music video that the metalocalypse people would have filmed. Loved the bungies.
4. Scarecrow: might have been higher up but we only made it here twice due to long lines. Still really liked it.
5. Ash: It wasn't really scary but I had a great time whenever I went through.
6. AHS: really good production values. What is the obsession with pig people though?
7. Blumhouse: only hit this once but wasn't super impressed. it all felt distorted and jumbled, being three different movies.
8. Hive: only did this once because I did not like the pitch dark final room. Had no idea where to go.
9. Saw: I dunno if I missed all the scares or what. Just wasn't impressed and it always had a long wait.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to go again with a single day ticket, I can't recommend frequent fear enough.

I saw where Trick 'R Treat won best scare zone and Scarecrow was the best house this year. I liked Dead Waters myself but Scarecrow was great too! Now starts the long and painful wait until next year when I will once again purchase the FFP plus Express which I have been doing for years now. ;)

I saw where Trick 'R Treat won best scare zone and Scarecrow was the best house this year. I liked Dead Waters myself but Scarecrow was great too! Now starts the long and painful wait until next year when I will once again purchase the FFP plus Express which I have been doing for years now. ;)

We were the same Todd......Dead Waters was the wow house for this year.......Scarecrow was excellent though.

Yep, many nights is the way to go for us too........we get the Rush of Fear with EP and it covers our whole trip usually......suits us down to the ground, as going one night or even two and trying to get it all done wouldn’t be fun for us.......

Roll on next year!

Yep, many nights is the way to go for us too........we get the Rush of Fear with EP and it covers our whole trip usually......suits us down to the ground, as going one night or even two and trying to get it all done wouldn’t be fun for us.......
The only thing that's keeps me from doing the ROF is I like to go throughout the month but I guess if you are visiting and only have a limited time that would work best. I did the ROF one year and regretted it.

I hope the event is revamped next year and they will bring back the really good scare zones like they used to have. Silliness like The Purge and Aliens needs to go away...they are just not scary.

We returned from our trip and enjoyed HHN! Our favorite house was the Shining. Liked Dead Waters, too. The boat was great! I don't like horror movies and go along for the kids, but I had fun last year and decided to do it again this year. Looking forward to 2018!

The only thing that's keeps me from doing the ROF is I like to go throughout the month but I guess if you are visiting and only have a limited time that would work best. I did the ROF one year and regretted it.

I hope the event is revamped next year and they will bring back the really good scare zones like they used to have. Silliness like The Purge and Aliens needs to go away...they are just not scary.

Yeah - one thing I noticed about going early on - things seem to get better as the event goes on - more scare actors etc...
Looking at pix on Flickr I see lots of SAs I did not see over the tome I was there and even that last night I was there there were SAa that I had not seen before - for example a a character from Ash vs Evil dead with the necronomicon on his face

I tend to go in that time frame so it makes the most sense for me - but If I was a local I'd go with the FF

As for the scare zones The purge is ok, but they have done it far too many times now - aliens was useless no doubt.

I wouldn't mind seeing multiple icons from the past return. Icons like Jack, The Storyteller, The Director and The Care Taker would be awesome but I would expect something like that for the 30th anniversary in 2020...but one can hope.

Today Mike Aiello tweeted that HHN27 broke every record: attendance, ratings, and revenue. Hopefully, Marketing doesn't take that to mean the fans don't want an icon.

Today Mike Aiello tweeted that HHN27 broke every record: attendance, ratings, and revenue. Hopefully, Marketing doesn't take that to mean the fans don't want an icon.
There's no telling how they will spin the information. I was really surprised they didn't raise the cost of the ticket at all from 2016 to this year...shocked actually. I hope this doesn't mean they will raise the ticket cost a lot next year.

...or an overall more polished event. :duck: (Again, will state) enjoyed our time over multiple dates this year, but it was my least favorite HHN since we started to attend.:confused3Doesn't mean it wasn't very good, just not the 'great' I expect from Universal.

JMHO, many who posted here say they loved it. Taste is a subjective thing, hoping next year is more to my liking.:wizard: I just want to see U swing for the fences & not rest on past laurels & that includes brainstorming for a theme/icon for next year!

IMO Despite the bean counters having a field day, breaking records for one year may not necessarily be best indication on how the next year will pan out. Especially, if more than a few guests were disappointed this year. they may very well not be back the next or shorten their visits to a day vs one of the frequent return passes.

You can tell the level of fandom though when people are already anticipating next year's event:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!