"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Those are the only FPs for that day. I have 9 regular park days booked. I am "saving" a BOG lunch on that day cuz it was the only one I could snag. I wonder if that's causing the problems with FP.

That can't be it they are a separate entity, hmmm, might want to call?

EDIT: Are you an AP? You only get 7 days.

Last edited:
WOOHOOOO hubby says we can get tickets. It will just be he and I while gma stays back with the kids (who will just be almost 3 and 1). I know I can get us both AP priced tickets even though he won't be an AP but am I allowed to have those tickets prior to the activation of my AP?
While yes, you can purchase hubby's ticket with your AP discount, you will not be able to purchase any tickets with the discount if you don't have your AP yet. So if you are upgrading an existing park ticket upon arrival, you'd need to wait until upgrade to purchase (which may be risky and not worth the $10 savings!). If you've already purchased your AP but just not activated it, you'll be able to prepurchase at the discounted rate. When you go to the party ticket page, make sure you are signed in, then check the option to view prices for annual pass holders. Note that discounts are NOT available on all nights, but when that box is checked you'll be able to see the nights it's offered. If your date is not listed, switch back to "prices for all guests" and proceed with your purchase.

I'm going to the party on Aug 29th. I have a ten-day ticket plus party. I did my fast pass selections today -- did the 3:55, 4:55, 5:55 as suggested. It still said I maxed out and could only book 10 days of fast passes. Wondering if you are not allowed them at all with a party ticket - but don't want to cancel them to find out! :confused3
I'm thinking based on several reports now that parry tickets are no longer being considered "active media" for FP booking.

Also - you want 3:30, 4:30 and 5:30 for your FP start times (or earlier). Last year anything that extended past 6:30 was cancelled. (Though this may not matter this year!)

I'm going to the party on Aug 29th. I have a ten-day ticket plus party. I did my fast pass selections today -- did the 3:55, 4:55, 5:55 as suggested. It still said I maxed out and could only book 10 days of fast passes. Wondering if you are not allowed them at all with a party ticket - but don't want to cancel them to find out! :confused3

Maybe the system prioritizes the use of tickets for you. A PP reported being able to book all the number of days plus the party ticket by booking FP on the regular ticket first and then going back in to book the FP just for the party day. Try booking FP on party day till the end. Book the other 10 days of FP first. Hope this works! Pixie dust!

No. Those are the only FPs for that day. I have 9 regular park days booked. I am "saving" a BOG lunch on that day cuz it was the only one I could snag. I wonder if that's causing the problems with FP.

I don't see why having the BOG reservation should affect your ability to schedule fast passes on that day, even if you were trying to schedule at the same time as your ADR, which it doesn't seem like you are. I have a couple fast passes that overlap with ADR times (in a way that I know I can still do both) and din't have issues with that. But that would seem to be irrelevant anyway if it's a lunch ADR and you are scheduling fast passes for later in the day.

If you haven't already, try deleting any fast passes you have for the party and scheduling your last non-party day of fast passes so you have all of those days done. Then go back in and try to schedule fast passes for the party.

Hmmm, so we have 2 people who have not been able to make FPs with the MNSSHP ticket and one who could after playing around. Glitch or maybe the MNSSHP tickets won't be valid for FPs? Maybe this is part of Disney closing the loophole of additional FPs?

I'm thinking based on several reports now that parry tickets are no longer being considered "active media" for FP booking.

Hmmm, so we have 2 people who have not been able to make FPs with the MNSSHP ticket and one who could after playing around. Glitch or maybe the MNSSHP tickets won't be valid for FPs? Maybe this is part of Disney closing the loophole of additional FPs?

@LongLiveRafiki Was able to make FP on party ticket by booking Day tickets first, then party tickets.

@MarandaS 9 Day + 1 party ticket: Isn't sure if she needs to be 60 days of actual party date.

@BigMommaMouse UK 14 Day + Party: Is maxed out so no FP for party ticket.

@amw 10 Day + Party: Also booked FP with party ticket but could not add more FPs to other days.

Hi there! We have been to the world many times, but this will be our first MNSSHP! We are also staying off site for the first time. Any and all advice and tips welcome! Thank you!

:welcome: to the party! You are more then welcome to peruse though my MNSSHP Planning thread over [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/mnsshp-2017-my-party-plan-strategy-in-the-making.3604086/"]here.[/URL]
There's plenty of information to help you get started along with printable pdf's just look for :tinker:she'll lead you to them.

Hi there! We have been to the world many times, but this will be our first MNSSHP! We are also staying off site for the first time. Any and all advice and tips welcome! Thank you!

Come at 4, familiarize with offerings and maps, have a blast. This party requires less planning than an MK day.

There has to be something funky going on this year with the party ticket and fast pass. No matter how I played around with my days, or which fastpasses I booked first or last, I couldn't book for 10 days of fast passes with a 9 day ticket and 1 party ticket. I just bumped my 9 day ticket to a 10 day for around just $10 more... And I was immediately able to book the 10th day of fast passes. So it's definitely something to do with the party tickets.

There has to be something funky going on this year with the party ticket and fast pass. No matter how I played around with my days, or which fastpasses I booked first or last, I couldn't book for 10 days of fast passes with a 9 day ticket and 1 party ticket. I just bumped my 9 day ticket to a 10 day for around just $10 more... And I was immediately able to book the 10th day of fast passes. So it's definitely something to do with the party tickets.

That's so weird. You probably already said it on here, but I assume your party tickets are showing up in MDE? I just checked my MDE again and all of my fast passes are still there; 6 days of fast passes with 5 days of tickets plus the party.

@LongLiveRafiki Was able to make FP on party ticket by booking Day tickets first, then party tickets.

@MarandaS 9 Day + 1 party ticket: Isn't sure if she needs to be 60 days of actual party date.

@BigMommaMouse UK 14 Day + Party: Is maxed out so no FP for party ticket.

@amw 10 Day + Party: Also booked FP with party ticket but could not add more FPs to other days.

No one is 60 days yet from the party. The first party is August 25. So that can't be the reason why LongLiveRafiki was able to make FP+ and MarandaS couldn't make them. And amw couldn't book FPs with her party ticket. She was only able to book the number of days on her regular ticket.

There are two potential reasons why some have been unable to use the party ticket to make FPs+: 1) it's intentional (meaning, we can't make FP anymore with only a party ticket, probably to completely close the loop on those who attached their tickets to a new profile and made a second set of FP, and LongLiveRafiki simply got lucky) or 2) that we're supposed to be able to, but there's a technical glitch and support would need to be involved to figure out why it's not working.

Good Morning,

I was just able to make FP+ selections using my Party ticket this morning without an issue! :jumping1:
Window opened this morning and I had a 2 - day Park Hopper and the Party Ticket = 3 days of FP
I was able to make reservations on 3 separate days without encountering an error.

My party ticket FP times are:
3:15 - 4:!5
4:20 - 5:20
5:20 - 6:20

That's so weird. You probably already said it on here, but I assume your party tickets are showing up in MDE? I just checked my MDE again and all of my fast passes are still there; 6 days of fast passes with 5 days of tickets plus the party.

Yes my party tickets are connected and show up in my account.

It's really not a big deal anymore for me since I just bumped my 9 days to 10 for just around $10. So I ultimately got the fastpasses I wanted and now can get in even earlier than 4 if I want without having to worry over it anymore or fight the rush at 4.

But that solution might not work for someone who is staying less days since at that point it would cost more to just add a day onto the ticket.

Hopefully this is just a glitch and works itself out for everyone else as more people start trying to book their fastpasses for the party days.

Good Morning,

I was just able to make FP+ selections using my Party ticket this morning without an issue! :jumping1:
Window opened this morning and I had a 2 - day Park Hopper and the Party Ticket = 3 days of FP
I was able to make reservations on 3 separate days without encountering an error.

My party ticket FP times are:
3:15 - 4:!5
4:20 - 5:20
5:20 - 6:20

Yeah! So glad to hear that!

P.S. - Did you make the non-MNSSHP FP first?

Yes my party tickets are connected and show up in my account.

It's really not a big deal anymore for me since I just bumped my 9 days to 10 for just around $10. So I ultimately got the fastpasses I wanted and now can get in even earlier than 4 if I want without having to worry over it anymore or fight the rush at 4.

But that solution might not work for someone who is staying less days since at that point it would cost more to just add a day onto the ticket.

Hopefully this is just a glitch and works itself out for everyone else as more people start trying to book their fastpasses for the party days.

That's what we are doing too so I'm not too bothered. I would have just used the other day to go to a park for a couple hours in the evening so no big deal. But did want to give the heads-up to others.
The only thing I didn't do was book my ten days of fast passes first, and then the party. But now we have good fast passes for the party so I don't want to delete them and try it the other way. My tenth day was supposed to be a flex day.
And just to answer some previous posts if it helps - My party tickets are in MDE. I do not have an AP. I have the 10-day hopper MYW tickets. And the fast passes I booked were all after 3:55.

No one is 60 days yet from the party. The first party is August 25. So that can't be the reason why LongLiveRafiki was able to make FP+ and MarandaS couldn't make them. And amw couldn't book FPs with her party ticket. She was only able to book the number of days on her regular ticket.
Actually, anyone checking in August 22 or earlier is within their 60 day window. So there could be plenty of folks beginning to make FPs for the first party now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter