"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my basic touring plan for the evening what do you all think. We want to do rides a lot because we relish in the short lines and that a part of the draw for parties for us. We arent planning to do the ones with notoriously long lines-we already have FP's for 7DMT and PPF the next day anyway. I listed times but they are more as a frame of reference and I wasnt planning on being exact. Also I am leaving myself open to get getting a couple of character pics if we come across a very short line but its not a priority for us.

3:30- arrive at MK and line up

4:00-4:30 enter through the bypass and get our first candy :love:

4:30-7:00 Magic shots and RIDES and an Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket

1. Main street entrance headless horseman

2. Flagpole grave diggers

3. Castle HM dancers

4. Grim Grinning Ghost, hitchhiking ghosts HM

7:00-8:30 see Madame Carlotta or Renotta and the Cadaver Dans and Rides, Rides, and More Rides

9:45 find a spot for fireworks

10:30 a ride or 2 rides in the middle here or trick or treating

10:50 get something to munch on and get a parade spot

11:40-12:00 trick or treat

12:00 Hocus Pocus spelltacular

after 12:00 Dawdle to the entrance

This is my basic touring plan for the evening what do you all think. We want to do rides a lot because we relish in the short lines and that a part of the draw for parties for us. We arent planning to do the ones with notoriously long lines-we already have FP's for 7DMT and PPF the next day anyway. I listed times but they are more as a frame of reference and I wasnt planning on being exact. Also I am leaving myself open to get getting a couple of character pics if we come across a very short line but its not a priority for us.

3:30- arrive at MK and line up

4:00-4:30 enter through the bypass and get our first candy :love:

3. Castle HM dancers

7:00-8:30 see Madame Carlotta or Renotta and the Cadaver Dans and Rides, Rides, and More Rides

9:45 find a spot for fireworks

10:30 a ride or 2 rides in the middle here or trick or treating

10:50 get something to munch on and get a parade spot

11:40-12:00 trick or treat

12:00 Hocus Pocus spelltacular

after 12:00 Dawdle to the entrance
Great plan! I am trying to figure our out and noticed that you do not have a Sit down dinner. Starting to rethink my CP resie. It may be just a waste of time and I can feed DD something fast.

Great plan! I am trying to figure our out and noticed that you do not have a Sit down dinner. Starting to rethink my CP resie. It may be just a waste of time and I can feed DD something fast.

We arent planning to do a sit down dinner. I usually dont when we go to the Disneyland party. We are doing big sit down lunch at Chiefs de France at 1:45 and heading to line up for the party straight from there so grabbing some junk from a cart to munch on while we wait for the parade should suit us fine. I try to maximize my party time by not wasting time eating and this works for us.

We arent planning to do a sit down dinner. I usually dont when we go to the Disneyland party. We are doing big sit down lunch at Chiefs de France at 1:45 and heading to line up for the party straight from there so grabbing some junk from a cart to munch on while we wait for the parade should suit us fine. I try to maximize my party time by not wasting time eating and this works for us.
I am thinking that is the way I should go, too. DD is a foodie and gets grouchy if she misses a meal but with all the excited and candy, she should be over the moon.

I am thinking that is the way I should go, too. DD is a foodie and gets grouchy if she misses a meal but with all the excited and candy, she should be over the moon.

There seem to be some good snacks and you could always do a mobile order from one of the QS if she gets hangry.

3. Castle HM dancers

I am not sure if the magic shots start before 7. Can anyone confirm this? Also, some of the magic shots look a lot better after it gets dark out like the headless horseman. I don't think the popcorn buckets are sold until 7, though you can be lined up and ready to get one a few minutes before 7.

Went to the party last night, but I may not be a great person to ask since we don't do character meet & greets or magic shots! Park was definitely crowded until the fireworks, but not unmanageable. After the fireworks, the park really emptied out. Definitely save your trick or treating until 11pm. We trick or treated for 30 minutes in Storybook Circus and filled 4 bags no problem (between 2 people). We walked right up to the 12am Hocus Pocus show and got a great viewing location. When it was busy from 7pm to 8pm, we enjoyed the Cadaver Dans and the Haunted Mansion story tellers. We walked around to see the characters (i.e. Jack & Sally and 7 Dwarfs) and got some great pics of them, but didn't line up to meet them. Just seeing them is enough for us. Ride lines were very light. We watched the first parade in Frontierland, and then walked to the grassy area in front of Casey's for the fireworks and found a great location just 20 minutes before the show. It did feel crowded for the first 3hrs of the party, but totally manageable with a plan.

I am not sure if the magic shots start before 7. Can anyone confirm this? Also, some of the magic shots look a lot better after it gets dark out like the headless horseman. I don't think the popcorn buckets are sold until 7, though you can be lined up and ready to get one a few minutes before 7.
I believe only the cauldron shot is available before 7.

Things like this make me nervous, as we're attending our first MNSSHP on Halloween itself, but given that we're not interested in character lines and just in the dance party, parade and fireworks and some ToT and rides, I think we'll be OK.

I hope... :)

Yeah I think you'll be fine. Character lines are usually the worst. I'll be attending either the party before or after Halloween so I am resigned to the fact that it will be sold out.

Just remember that it is usually best to trick or treat towards the end of the night. Though I do like to do a couple stops before the parade so I can have some candy while I wait.

Don't forget the grassy, fenced in location in front of Casey's is open to everyone for the fireworks and is usually not too crowded.

I also like to see the midnight Hocus Pocus show since it doesn't technically take up any party time.

We went to the sold out party last night, and perhaps it was because we didn't do characters, but we had a great time! It did feel crowded in places, but not ridiculously so, and we did everything we wanted to do.

We arrived right at 4pm, and used our three FPs between then and 7pm (BTMRR, Pirates, and SDMT) - we also used that time to ride Dumbo stand-by (wait was posted at 15 minutes, but we spent about 30 minutes in the play area so not sure if that was accurate), grabbed some dinner at CHH, and rode Peter Pan right at 6.45 with a posted wait of 35 minutes, but it only turned out to be 15 (first time seeing the interactive queue, it was fantastic!)

At 7pm on the dot we lined up for the candy station in Mickey's Philharmagic, which was awesome; great candy, and got to watch some cute old Halloween cartoons for a few minutes! Also hit another candy station, and went over to the dance party in Tomorrowland to dance with Mike and Sully! At about 7.45pm we grabbed a spot for the first Hocus Pocus show, about four rows from the back. The crowd was sat down until about five minutes before the show and honestly, it would have been nicer if we'd all just stayed sitting down the whole time! My 4-year old made friends with the kids around him and they all traded candy and played with glow sticks. The show was fantastic, whatever they pay those actors is not enough, they were spot on! I didn't know if my son would like it since he doesn't know the movie, but he LOVED it, and came away begging to watch it!

From the show we headed straight to Frontierland to get a spot for the first parade; we found a front row spot about 8.45pm, and sat down to wait. Again, made friends with the people around us, and the kids all played together. Parade was as wonderful as ever, and my son really enjoyed it. I'd figured he'd want to go home after the parade but he was still wide awake, so we walked over to Tomorrowland to ride Buzz Lightyear (walked on twice in a row) before heading to Starbucks for milk and a cupcake. We decided to call it a day right as the fireworks started but we were able to watch them from the monorail, which was cool. Got back in the car about 10.45pm I believe, and got home around 11.05pm. My poor son had to be up at 7am for Pre-K4 today, and he was definitely dragging, but we had a great time!

I think you just have to manage your expectations going in, and know in advance what it is you want to do. I knew our main priorities were the show and the parade; yes, we waited 30 minutes for each, but it was a sacrifice we were willing to make for good spots. I didn't plan on many rides, or much trick or treating, so getting to do those was a bonus (and thank goodness for good candy this year, not a Tootsie roll in sight!) All in all, we had a great time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter