OFFICIAL 2018 Christmas & Holiday Time at DLR Superthread!!

I booked Napa rose for dinner on our upcoming trip. Staying at GCH so super convenient. My kids are 10 and almost 7 at time of trip. I didn’t even consider it that it wouldn’t be okay. Is this not a restaurant we can visit as a family?
Kids that can politely sit through a 2 hour dining experience would definitely be welcome there.

I’d never my toddlers to Napa. They do *great* at restaurants. Fine at B.B. It’s a place I’d go on a family trip as date night to get away from the kids. I really wouldn’t want to be disturbed if a family had to take out a tantrumning toddler. Maybe a babysitting service? Or steakhouse 55?
I kind of agree. We have been to Disneyland when DD was 3 and 6 and I never thought about Napa Rose for dinner because it looks more of an adult restaurant. DD is very well behaved at restaurants and always has been. She is a picky eater and we tend to go where the atmosphere and food is more to her liking. My preference for adult restaurants is to go with adults and have a nice relaxing dinner. DD is 10 now and we are still not doing Napa Rose or other similar restaurants until our Adults only trip in January. Again my preference.

Did I miss the part where someone asked your opinion?

I do think people post on here to get others opinions. We might not always agree but its good to see everyones different views and suggestions.

I do think people post on here to get others opinions. We might not always agree but its good to see everyones different views and suggestions.

Absolutely agree - people come here for opinions. About Disneyland. Not about parenting choices (i.e. a totally unsolicited snarky comment, followed by doubling down on the condescending attitude).

I booked Napa rose for dinner on our upcoming trip. Staying at GCH so super convenient. My kids are 10 and almost 7 at time of trip. I didn’t even consider it that it wouldn’t be okay. Is this not a restaurant we can visit as a family?
I didn’t think twice either and staying at GCH as well! I did see a kids menu and like posters said above, depends on your preference. ( I just research to make sure he is welcomed, no age restrictions) I also make sure menu appeals to everyone in the party especially for DS4 :) Enjoy your meal with your family!

Stepping in with a friendly reminder:
Let's keep the tone here courteous and respectful to all parties. What someone perceives as sarcasm may not be meant as such, so a snarky reply may not actually be appropriate. We can agree to disagree while still respecting each other. This is the holiday thread after all -- let's keep the holiday spirit in mind!
Now, back to the show!

does anyone know when the Fall Festival Buffet for Thankgiving will open up for reservations? tks

Reservations should open 60 days out, so circle that date on your calendar! Keep watching the Disney Parks Blog, too. They usually do a post on the Thanksgiving offerings in the parks before the 60 day mark.

Went to book this today for our dates. The only times available to book are 2:15-4:00. I looked at parade times from 2017 and appears the parade ran at 1:00 and 3:30. Not sure how you could have a 3:30 or 4:00 reservation and also watch second parade viewing (which is what the package says you would get voucher for) if the parade times are similar to last year. Called Disney Dining and they have no information on this package at all and the gal I spoke to said she didn't even know this was an option this year.

I wonder if I can use my costco dining vouchers on this. I have a person in my group who's main thing she wants to do is parades.

You can use the value of the vouchers for towards any meal but I doubt you can use it for a dining package since I believe you have to pay in advance for them. Please correct me if I’m wrong...

I don’t think this was an option last year.

I added information on the Christmas parade dinning package to the top page.

I didn’t think so. I asked my husband and he said he didn’t remember getting a hint about us doing it :rotfl:

And thanks for adding it to the front page!

Went to book this today for our dates. The only times available to book are 2:15-4:00. I looked at parade times from 2017 and appears the parade ran at 1:00 and 3:30. Not sure how you could have a 3:30 or 4:00 reservation and also watch second parade viewing (which is what the package says you would get voucher for) if the parade times are similar to last year. Called Disney Dining and they have no information on this package at all and the gal I spoke to said she didn't even know this was an option this year.

Let’s hope this means a return of an evening Christmas parade along Main Street?!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone, Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask. I am heading to DL from Australia for Christmas with my family. Any suggestions for Christmas Day lunch or dinner? Are there any restaurants that do a special meal or theme for Christmas? Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi Everyone, Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask. I am heading to DL from Australia for Christmas with my family. Any suggestions for Christmas Day lunch or dinner? Are there any restaurants that do a special meal or theme for Christmas? Thanks for any suggestions.

Perfect place to ask! I couldn’t find anything for 2018 but here is what I could find for last year. https://www.themouseforless.com/dis...-restaurant-menus/disneyland-christmas-menus/

And you can check here for more updates as the holidays get closer
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/holidays-at-the-disneyland-resort/

We start making our reservations tomorrow. We are going to do goofys on our arrival day. Our flight gets in at 1pm. What time should I book for dinner? Would 4 be cutting it too close? We are going to be hungry early due to time change..

Jumping on for the first time to this thread! We are going Nov 10-17, staying at GCH. So excited! Now if the doggone schedule would open up, and the F! dining, PTN dining, etc. would show up!! ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter