OFFICIAL 2018 Christmas & Holiday Time at DLR Superthread!!

I'm convinced I attract the crazies XD

Some lady in the FP line for Space pushed me at the scanners (on purpose) so hard and right between my rib cage. Hurt and not somewhere I want to be touched by a total stranger. I asked her to please be more careful in the future and mindful of the fact it's highly inappropriate to touch someone like that let alone rude to push.

(The people ahead of us weren't going to the second scanner and as I was politely letting them know it was open to use, this lady pushed me to go forward and cut)

She had the nerve to tell me sorry sarcastically then say she hadn't known she touched me (I wonder what she thought the cloth covered mass was she encountered). Finished with "so much for the happiest place on earth". I responded with that it certainly doesn't make me happy to be touched and pushed by a stranger in a way that makes me uncomfortable.

BUT! Beyond that had a great Thanksgiving week. I've been mistaken for a CM more than once which is a touch odd (what CM wears a panda?). More adult attention than normal towards Peking. A CM was dying over the fact Peking has a rain coat.

Oh! And the Mickey birthday plush that was all sold out? I saw at least 6 of them last night at WOD. I'm sure they're gone by now, but I was shocked to see them.

I even got my friend that Nightmare Before Christmas print as the stretching room photos and got it autographed by Jack and Sally. She's going to die lol

Next trip: NYE!

Some lady in the FP line for Space pushed me at the scanners (on purpose) so hard and right between my rib cage. Hurt and not somewhere I want to be touched by a total stranger. I asked her to please be more careful in the future and mindful of the fact it's highly inappropriate to touch someone like that let alone rude to push.

(The people ahead of us weren't going to the second scanner and as I was politely letting them know it was open to use, this lady pushed me to go forward and cut)

She had the nerve to tell me sorry sarcastically then say she hadn't known she touched me (I wonder what she thought the cloth covered mass was she encountered). Finished with "so much for the happiest place on earth". I responded with that it certainly doesn't make me happy to be touched and pushed by a stranger in a way that makes me uncomfortable.

BUT! Beyond that had a great Thanksgiving week. I've been mistaken for a CM more than once which is a touch odd (what CM wears a panda?). More adult attention than normal towards Peking. A CM was dying over the fact Peking has a rain coat.

Oh! And the Mickey birthday plush that was all sold out? I saw at least 6 of them last night at WOD. I'm sure they're gone by now, but I was shocked to see them.

I even got my friend that Nightmare Before Christmas print as the stretching room photos and got it autographed by Jack and Sally. She's going to die lol

Yikes! That is very crazy. Sorry you got felt up by some maniac tourist.

Yikes! That is very crazy. Sorry you got felt up by some maniac tourist.

I almost wish it had been more of that and less of the hard jab I actually got in the ribs! The way you put it sounds less painful even if still just as uncomfortable lol! The attitude I got from her was likely because she thought I was younger than I am and did not like being called out on bad behaviour (shoving and touching another person without permission). I will put up with more than I should, but if one causes me physical pain, I will say something.

Oh well. One terrible person didn't ruin things. I'm just sad people like her exist in the world.

On another note, I did have one other negative I didn't expect: went to Blue Bayou for Thanksgiving dinner, but we squeaked in right before the switch to the dinner menu... And I somehow missed the memo that the thing they remove from the menu to accommodate the turkey is the one thing at lunch I'll eat: chicken. That was not a pleasant surprise, lol. I ended up just ordering a couple sides of mashed potatoes since that was the only thing on the lunch menu I could eat (I can eat the filet from the dinner menu, but even that's pushing it). Not sure why the CM commented they'd have to charge us for them? Do people often try to get sides ordered for free or something? I was a little taken aback because of course we'd be charged.

Anywho, it was not a pleasant surprise to say the least, haha! The mashed potatoes were excellent, though, and I'm fairly sure I ended up drinking at least five glasses of Louisiana Lemonade. Service was great, though, beyond my disappointment over the menu and the confusing (maybe a joke?) comment regarding charging... It wasn't said with humor, but who knows.

I also really liked the sugar plum churro. Only one of the holiday flavors I tried. It reminded me a lot of the blackberry beignets. Not exactly, of course, but very similar flavor profile.

The alien Santa popcorn bucket and Pluto popcorn bucket seem to be holding strong too which was nice to see.

We are having an amazing time! We started with magic morning this. We were 3rd in the security line at 6am. We’ve rode a ton of rides and currently hold 2 multi expirence fastpass and toy story mania...

I don’t think crowds are too bad today either! We are currently at our BB fantasmic lunch right by the water :)

Incredicoaster is awesome. We liked it much more the. Screemin’... it’s amazing at night. We did the Ralph breaks the internet void last night and that was so fun! Last night we also festival of the holidays booths for lunch and then had dinner at goofys kitchen where hubby suprised me with a cake! They sang happy birthday. The cake was amazing and so so good!

Anyone know what "goofy's holiday dance party" is? It's only happening the night we arrive. We have 5 day hoppers, but trying to decide which 5 days we should go in since our 1st day (sunday) and 6th days (friday) are travel days. We're not planning to see F! again.

Does anyone have any tips for actually getting merch at the parks? The spirit jersey I wanted to purchase is sold out and in store only. I couldn't get an estimated restock date. Feeling frustrated as this has been my repeated experience with Disney- I'm never able to purchase any of the things I would want to buy. Christmas is still a month away and I still arrived too late. :(
20181125_151754.jpg 20181125_151735.jpg

Does anyone have any tips for actually getting merch at the parks? The spirit jersey I wanted to purchase is sold out and in store only. I couldn't get an estimated restock date. Feeling frustrated as this has been my repeated experience with Disney- I'm never able to purchase any of the things I would want to buy. Christmas is still a month away and I still arrived too late. :(
View attachment 366855 View attachment 366856
I think this is sold out park wide. It was sold out pretty much as soon as the Holiday merchandise went on sale :sad2:

If anyone else has seen it, please chime in!

Wow some people. :mad:
And yeah the plush Mickey's got restocked the Tuesday after the whole Birthday extravaganza/madness/insanity. I kind of want one, they are just so cute!

Oh no! I hope they restock! I’m looking for the small world ones and don’t see it either :(

Wow some people. :mad:
And yeah the plush Mickey's got restocked the Tuesday after the whole Birthday extravaganza/madness/insanity. I kind of want one, they are just so cute!

I will never understand people who think only of themselves and "getting the most bang for their buck" even if it's at the expense of others.

Oh good! Yeah, in the parks they kept saying they were totally sold out, but then I popped into WOD and there was a basket of them, lol! But glad it was a restock. I always think Disney is silly when they don't keep making something that is clearly popular and didn't have an edition size stated up front. They're losing out on money people are spending to get the scalped merch. Plus the birthday celebration is continuing into next year. More of the plush makes sense.

I wanted one, but then reminded myself I didn't need one. If it had been Oswald, then I'm almost certain a special birthday plush of him would have come home. Mickey I could live without.

Time to start my "get Oswald a half decent 100th birthday celebration for 2027" campaign, lol!

I can’t attest to this specific jersey but I wanted a spirit jersey that was sold out in my size online and had no trouble finding it in the park.

Screenshot_20181126-112200_Gallery.jpg
Oh no! I hope they restock! I’m looking for the small world ones and don’t see it either :(
I totally saw one of those yesterday when I checked all the shops. Wish I could remember where- maybe DL? I went to DL, CA, and the shops in Downtown Disney.

ETA: as of 11:20am, this was in DL

Last edited:
In case anyone has a reservation for the Plaza Inn Parade dining package - check the time of your reservation and the time of the parade! We had booked the package for a 4 PM meal and viewing for the second parade. I checked the times guide online and the parades are 1 and 4:30 the week of Christmas, so we would not have been able to make the parade... I called and they changed the dining time to 2:15. You are not able to change your time online.

Has anyone gone to the parks during Candelight professional but not done anything related to it? I want to go Saturday evening, but am worried about getting into the parks. Is it a mess? Should I just forget about it? Would deluxe passes and under blocked make it easier?

Has anyone gone to the parks during Candelight professional but not done anything related to it? I want to go Saturday evening, but am worried about getting into the parks. Is it a mess? Should I just forget about it? Would deluxe passes and under blocked make it easier?
It's gridlock. We have been there a couple times seeing Fantasmic on CP night. Very hard to get around. Last year we made a dash across the park for one last Small World ride. It was crazy trying to get back to NOS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter