"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be there 02/15! Can't wait, haven't been back to MK since 2010!! It's changed so much since then and finding out (today!) about this event has me so excited to be able to enjoy and explore w/less crowds! AND FREE ICE CREAM?! WHAT?! pixiedust:

Going Jan 26!
I see more of my date on here than any other :/
I really wish Disney would just come out and say what the cap off is, so that I could sleep easier lol

Going Jan 26!
I see more of my date on here than any other :/
I really wish Disney would just come out and say what the cap off is, so that I could sleep easier lol
Have you looked at post #2 on the first page? It has people's names listed under which day they are going and January 26 isn't the one with the most. I don't even think it's the second most.

Have you looked at post #2 on the first page? It has people's names listed under which day they are going and January 26 isn't the one with the most. I don't even think it's the second most.
I saw that. I also saw every one of the 23 pages of the thread lol I'm not sure it's accurate

I've been following the Christmas party fastpass thread and some were still able to make and use fastpasses on a party only ticket. I'm hopeful that it will work for us too! Some of them reported receiving an email regarding needing to cancel their fastpasses or lose their last park day of fastpasses. But from what I have read most have been able to keep theirs. Not sure what the criteria was for the people receiving the emails. Wish we knew!

I've been following the Christmas party fastpass thread and some were still able to make and use fastpasses on a party only ticket. I'm hopeful that it will work for us too! Some of them reported receiving an email regarding needing to cancel their fastpasses or lose their last park day of fastpasses. But from what I have read most have been able to keep theirs. Not sure what the criteria was for the people receiving the emails. Wish we knew!
We were able to do them this past year -I think they options were between 4:30-7:30. Hopefully someone who is attending the first party Jan 19th will post back and let us know. I think that the 60 fast pass date is coming up in the next couple of days?

Also, is it true that they are asking non Christmas ticket holders to leave an hour before the Xmas party starts? I wonder if they will do that for After Hours (although I don't think they will need to since those are low attending days anyway...)

Also, is it true that they are asking non Christmas ticket holders to leave an hour before the Xmas party starts? I wonder if they will do that for After Hours (although I don't think they will need to since those are low attending days anyway...)

The posted park hours are only to 6:00 pm on Christmas party nights. That is why those park goers have to leave early. Because the park is only officially open til 6. The park is open til 8 or 9 pm on DAH dates. So regular day guests won’t be asked to leave an hour prior to the start of the after hours event.

So I accidentally hit the link to the Disneyland page. They are having a DAH too. First one is Jan 18 & sounds amazing. Retro theme with live music, fireworks, vintage park maps & special photo ops with posters of old attractions. Prices not released yet, but hotels have a discount & Jetblue has direct flights.

Has us seriously considering changing our trip.......

So I accidentally hit the link to the Disneyland page. They are having a DAH too. First one is Jan 18 & sounds amazing. Retro theme with live music, fireworks, vintage park maps & special photo ops with posters of old attractions. Prices not released yet, but hotels have a discount & Jetblue has direct flights.

Has us seriously considering changing our trip.......

Hmmm... I’ve been looking for a reason to make my way out there. :scratchin

There is a lot to read through this thread, apologies if it's been asked. Are there special event items to purchase at the emporium? I'm just wondering due to the original post stating:

2017 MERCHANDISE
Select merchandise available for purchase at the Emporium.

I've been wondering the same thing... Anyone from last year notice?

Also, I got my ticket in the mail last week. Well, it was actually sent to my old address. :scared: Thankfully when I sold my house a year ago, I exchanged numbers with the new owner. They were nice enough to text me and say that a package had arrived. Phew! Now I just need to figure out who to call to get that address changed. All of my MDE info shows the current address.

Super!! Is anyone attending the 19th and staying on property? Will anyone kindly post back whether you can choose fast passes before the party hours?
TIA!

I am.

I was waiting until 60 days before 1/19 DAH to post, but I have not been able to book FPs. All my other FPs are booked. I have DAH tickets on MDE phantoms (like I always do with party tickets) and it's not currently letting them book FPs. However, it seems to be treating them like packaged tickets, which don't open until 60 days (even with an umbrella with earlier access).

Those tickets won't even let you pick a date... so MDE isn't treating them like real ticketed media, unfortunately.

I'll check back when it's 60 days out (Tuesday), but I don't think they will be able to book FPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter