"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you just really want to use those extra hours in the MK, I’d keep your dinner. One thing I didn’t do properly this year was eat a good dinner before our event. We were traveling and just snacked. Was starving our whole night, even with free pop corn and ice cream! :-)

Where are you eating at WL? A nice dinner before a fun late night sounds like a good plan to me.

We're eating at Whispering Canyon. We were supposed to go there this year, but our plans changed. I've heard good things. We aren't the type of people that like going to an expensive, sit-down restaurant. We definitely like the more fun atmospheres! I think we will keep our reservation for now, but we might change it as it gets closer. It would be nice to use some FP before DAH.

We're eating at Whispering Canyon. We were supposed to go there this year, but our plans changed. I've heard good things. We aren't the type of people that like going to an expensive, sit-down restaurant. We definitely like the more fun atmospheres! I think we will keep our reservation for now, but we might change it as it gets closer. It would be nice to use some FP before DAH.

Cool. We haven’t done WCC in awhile but we enjoyed it when we did. Don’t mean to pry but how are you getting around, car or bus? Just was thinking about the logistics of Pop/MK/WL.

I actually did not know that! Is it better to take the bus from WL to MK?

If this were me, I’d take the bus from Pop to MK then the boat from WL to MK. I’d then take the boat from WL to MK when done with dinner. To me the boat is fun and I enjoy being on the 7 Seas Lagoon / Bay Lake. You’d end up going through security twice doing this but that’s not really a big deal.

Taking the bus instead of the boat (both to/from WL/ML) is an option as well but is a little more generic.

Does that make sense?

If this were me, I’d take the bus from Pop to MK then the boat from WL to MK. I’d then take the boat from WL to MK when done with dinner. To me the boat is fun and I enjoy being on the 7 Seas Lagoon / Bay Lake. You’d end up going through security twice doing this but that’s not really a big deal.

Taking the bus instead of the boat (both to/from WL/ML) is an option as well but is a little more generic.

Does that make sense?

Yep that makes sense! I completely forgot we have to go to MK first lol (brain fart). Is the boat any longer than the bus ride?

Also, if we decide to eat in MK do you have any TS suggestions? We are doing Royal Table and BOG already. We ate at Liberty Tree this year and I was not impressed at all. We've also done Tony's. I don't know if there is one I haven't done that might be better. I was thinking about Crystal Palace.

Yep that makes sense! I completely forgot we have to go to MK first lol (brain fart). Is the boat any longer than the bus ride?

Also, if we decide to eat in MK do you have any TS suggestions? We are doing Royal Table and BOG already. We ate at Liberty Tree this year and I was not impressed at all. We've also done Tony's. I don't know if there is one I haven't done that might be better. I was thinking about Crystal Palace.

I’m not sure about boat vs bus ride timing... I guess it really just depends on how long you end up waiting for each, etc?? My gut says it would be similar?

Hmmm... MK dinner options. My preference would be BOG - I enjoy the dinner there. I also like Skipper Canteen but the menu isn’t going to appeal to everyone, generally speaking. After that my opinions of the TS dining options in MK go down hill, so I’m afraid I’m not much help!

FWIW, on my DAH night I’m probably going to try to plan my dinner at The Wave at CR.

I’m not sure about boat vs bus ride timing... I guess it really just depends on how long you end up waiting for each, etc?? My gut says it would be similar?

Hmmm... MK dinner options. My preference would be BOG - I enjoy the dinner there. I also like Skipper Canteen but the menu isn’t going to appeal to everyone, generally speaking. After that my opinions of the TS dining options in MK go down hill, so I’m afraid I’m not much help!

FWIW, on my DAH night I’m probably going to try to plan my dinner at The Wave at CR.

I think we will just plan on taking the boat unless there is a bus waiting to take us to WL. We will definitely take the boat back to MK, though.

I've never actually eaten dinner at BOG, only lunch. We are doing lunch again because we are doing dinner at Royal Table. I would like to do dinner at BOG for DAH night, but they are all gone. Since I won't know until about January what time we can get in, we might just eat wherever we can!

Liberty Tree Tavern! It's good. But otherwise I'm with you, in general the MK TS options are mostly sub-par.

I think we will just plan on taking the boat unless there is a bus waiting to take us to WL. We will definitely take the boat back to MK, though.

I would Uber/Minnie Van from POP to WL. And then for sure boat to MK. The boats from WL to MK are an awesome and relaxed way to enter the park.

I would Uber/Minnie Van from POP to WL. And then for sure boat to MK. The boats from WL to MK are an awesome and relaxed way to enter the park.

Blah! That is NOT the meal I want before riding lots of back to back rides on Barnstormer and BTMR at DAH! :-)

We normally just stick to the Disney transportation so we don't have to add any expenses. We will just make sure we leave extra early.

I've skimmed through this thread (just found) and have a few questions:

Number of Tickets Sold: I know we don't know the exact # of tickets sold. But can anyone give me an estimate/guess? 500? 5000? How many people did you see last your if you went? We are Florida Residents and get discounted tickets to the parks already. Normally we come up for a family trip in late February early March for an extended weekend. But if we can come up Thursday night 03/01 it might be worth it to me to have one less day for the kiddos to miss school.

Entry Time: I thought I saw someone said they got in at 4pm (when event starts at 7). Did I read that correctly? I also thought I saw someone say that they were allowed into the FP+ lines while the parks were still open to non-event park guests... Did I read that correctly too?

Food: What snack treats are included? I read popcorn/novelty ice creams/drinks, as in from carts I'm guessing. But I'm curious what exactly. Just ice cream,popcorn, and 20oz bottled drinks? Are any of the QS restaurants open during this event? I have 2 teenage boys... they're ALWAYS hungry. :sad2:

Thanks for any reply/ideas!

Number of Tickets Sold: I know we don't know the exact # of tickets sold. But can anyone give me an estimate/guess? 500? 5000? We are Florida Residents and get discounted tickets to the parks already. Normally we come up for a family trip in late February early March for an extended weekend. But if we can come up Thursday night 03/01 it might be worth it to me to have one less day for the kiddos to miss school.

Entry Time: I thought I saw someone said they got in at 4pm (when event starts at 7). Did I read that correctly? I also thought I saw someone say that they were allowed into the FP+ lines while the parks were still open to non-event park guests... Did I read that correctly too?

Food: What snack treats are included? I read popcorn/novelty ice creams/drinks, as in from carts I'm guessing. But I'm curious what exactly. Just ice cream,popcorn, and 20oz bottled drinks? Are any of the QS restaurants open during this event? I have 2 teenage boys... they're ALWAYS hungry. :sad2:

As far as the entry time, a lot of people were let in at 4 pm this year even though Disney advertised 7 pm. It seems like Disney is still advertising the 7 pm. I'm not sure if anyone really knows yet. I'm just going to wait until January and see what the first people say about how early they were let in.

I've heard 3,000 tickets is the maximum, but I'm not sure if that is reliable or not.

Number of Tickets Sold: I know we don't know the exact # of tickets sold. But can anyone give me an estimate/guess? 500? 5000? How many people did you see last your if you went? We are Florida Residents and get discounted tickets to the parks already. Normally we come up for a family trip in late February early March for an extended weekend. But if we can come up Thursday night 03/01 it might be worth it to me to have one less day for the kiddos to miss school.

The estimate this spring was 3000 tickets max sold. People were let in at about 4pm with an after hours ticket. Friar Nook's was open. Snacks were popcorn, bottled drinks, and various ice cream bars/sandwiches. This could all change this year, so keep an eye on reports from people attending the first night. For example, popcorn was added this spring and wasn't available last year.

We got in at 4 last January and were able to make fastpasses on the DAH tickets only (no other tickets were in play for us). Word is that fp won't be possible this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter