Official 2018 HHN-28 Thread

The look of the Klowns, the fact that they announced it as a scarezone. They've never officially announced any of the roaming hordes before. There will be specific set pieces from the movie as well. They mention a tent, and the cotton candy people cocoons.

I know its not official, but am I the only one thinking why would they do "Carnival Graveyard" and KKFOS. Both seem pretty similar.

I know its not official, but am I the only one thinking why would they do "Carnival Graveyard" and KKFOS. Both seem pretty similar.

From what I've heard its more of a graveyard for old carnival rides, and the scareactors in it will be evil carnies. Or something like that. We'll find out more/for sure when they announce it.

I’m so excited to see killer klowns be brought to life! I was terrified of that movie as a kid. I think clowns will be amazing as an actual scarezone instead of just as a roaming horde.

Hi, everyone! So happy that I remembered my log-in info and can finally partake in HHN discussions again. Last year was so much fun.:)

Hey everyone
I am still debating if I can make it through. I hate clowns so that announcement of them being there is freaking me out.

I love Halloween but I am such a chicken. Last haunted house I went through I was buried in my husbands back! I so do want to experience this but I don't want to waste money and ruin my hubby's possible good time by being a scardy cat.
Anyone else have doubts but went and really enjoyed it?

Hey everyone
I am still debating if I can make it through. I hate clowns so that announcement of them being there is freaking me out.

I love Halloween but I am such a chicken. Last haunted house I went through I was buried in my husbands back! I so do want to experience this but I don't want to waste money and ruin my hubby's possible good time by being a scardy cat.

What you describe is a very common sight @ HHN...often it’s the big, burly dudes cowering

Will be willing to bet the last HHN was nowhere up to snuff as to what you’ll experience @ HHN, be forewarned.

Does you DH ‘mind’ you closing your eyes & burrowing into his back/hanging onto his shirt tails? If not, well, then you’d have to face your fears on your own lol.

JMHO being ‘scared’ is a very GOOD thing, but only if you enjoy having your adrenaline running and having an over-the-top experience. Personally, i’m A very easy scare but LOVE it.

There’s a h-u-g-e difference tho between getting startled & lol’ing your head off VS finding yourself in the state of being absolutely terrified/frozen in fear.

I am like you - total chicken! I generally can NOT do scary things at all, and usually have every light in my house on when I am home alone. But my husband is obsessed with Halloween and scary movies and his birthday is the week of Halloween, so it's become a super big deal in our house for as long as we've been together, and I try to be a good sport for him. Our first HHN was in 2001 and we didn't even know what it was, just decided on a whim to go since we were already down at Universal. I was terrified and miserable, but he had the best time. I did a LOT of clinging to him and keeping my eyes shut. The last time we were down there was in 2007 when a lot of the houses were based on the scary movies we grew up with (Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, TX Chainsaw Massacre, The Thing). I started out the night doing the clinging and the eyes shut and it just wasn't fun for either of us, so then I decided when we walked through the Friday the 13th "camp" house that I was just going to allow myself to be scared and go with it, so I kept my eyes open and jumped and screamed and had such a great time! We haven't been to HHN in 11 years (gasp!) and I'll probably have a heart attack going through the houses now, but I'm going to try to just let myself be scared (if that makes sense) because that actually feels so much more fun and freeing - hooray for adrenaline! :D It is somewhat comforting to remember that the scare actors can't touch you, even if they get right up close.

That said, I do think in a small way my husband likes that I am such a scaredy cat so he can feel "protective" of me. :cutie: And I get to laugh extra hard when something manages to really scare him!

What you describe is a very common sight @ HHN...often it’s the big, burly dudes cowering

Will be willing to bet the last HHN was nowhere up to snuff as to what you’ll experience @ HHN, be forewarned.

Does you DH ‘mind’ you closing your eyes & burrowing into his back/hanging onto his shirt tails? If not, well, then you’d have to face your fears on your own lol.

JMHO being ‘scared’ is a very GOOD thing, but only if you enjoy having your adrenaline running and having an over-the-top experience. Personally, i’m A very easy scare but LOVE it.

There’s a h-u-g-e difference tho between getting startled & lol’ing your head off VS finding yourself in the state of being absolutely terrified/frozen in fear.

I am like you - total chicken! I generally can NOT do scary things at all, and usually have every light in my house on when I am home alone. But my husband is obsessed with Halloween and scary movies and his birthday is the week of Halloween, so it's become a super big deal in our house for as long as we've been together, and I try to be a good sport for him. Our first HHN was in 2001 and we didn't even know what it was, just decided on a whim to go since we were already down at Universal. I was terrified and miserable, but he had the best time. I did a LOT of clinging to him and keeping my eyes shut. The last time we were down there was in 2007 when a lot of the houses were based on the scary movies we grew up with (Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, TX Chainsaw Massacre, The Thing). I started out the night doing the clinging and the eyes shut and it just wasn't fun for either of us, so then I decided when we walked through the Friday the 13th "camp" house that I was just going to allow myself to be scared and go with it, so I kept my eyes open and jumped and screamed and had such a great time! We haven't been to HHN in 11 years (gasp!) and I'll probably have a heart attack going through the houses now, but I'm going to try to just let myself be scared (if that makes sense) because that actually feels so much more fun and freeing - hooray for adrenaline! :D It is somewhat comforting to remember that the scare actors can't touch you, even if they get right up close.

That said, I do think in a small way my husband likes that I am such a scaredy cat so he can feel "protective" of me. :cutie: And I get to laugh extra hard when something manages to really scare him!

Thanks - I am still trying to decide what to do. I don't see me being a total wreck rocking in the corner somewhere halfway through the night but I can see me screaming and clinging to my hubby. That said it looks like such a cool experience. Are there places to take a break from the horror? Any rides open or "safe zones"? How crowded is it on a week night?

Thanks - I am still trying to decide what to do. I don't see me being a total wreck rocking in the corner somewhere halfway through the night but I can see me screaming and clinging to my hubby. That said it looks like such a cool experience. Are there places to take a break from the horror? Any rides open or "safe zones"? How crowded is it on a week night?

Not many safe places where you won’t see the scare actors as they are in the houses, zones and streets

Most of the eateries and restrooms won’t have scareactors involved

Rides won’t have SA on them

Thursday’s and Sunday’s have crowds but Wednesday seems to be much lighter with crowds

If Diagon Alley is open, there shouldn’t be any scare actors in it.

True
But you have to walk through the park to reach DA
(DA has been open during hhn)

You will be walking thru scare zones to reach potter

Well, we weren't going to add this to our Disney trip, since a) we just got back from a quick Universal weekend and b) we are planning on HHN 2019. But then Killer Klowns was announced and my DD20 freaked out. :D So for the cost of $1.80 we changed the flight from evening to morning of October 4th in order to add HHN that night! Going to be nuts! And then as I read through this thread and saw the 80s theme developing I thought wow, I'd love to see Poltergeist and lo and behold, that cinched it!

Since we aren't getting daytime tickets like we'd normally do, I guess we will be getting the 5pm entry ticket with EP (I'm sure I will lament not starting from our usual stay and scream hang out). RIP tour sounds tempting, but this was supposed to be a short cheap trip XD Always famous last words...

And I have to mention as someone asked if scare actors touch you. I have told my DD20 ever since I made her come to her first HHN ten years ago... the scare actors never touch you! Then while the park was still light out, we were sitting on a bench all alone around the lake, we see a score of scare actors come around the path - obviously on their way to a shift change. And with no one else to scare, they wandered by us looking very sinister... and the last one in the group brushed her hand across my daughter's knee and that was it. Mom was forever wrong after than moment! Hahahaha

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter