Official 2018 HHN-28 Thread

Each year there are a set of houses that will be on the day tour.
It is about 3 hours for day or afternoon tours.

If you chose to do both tours, you can book it and they discount it as long as you do the tours on the same day.
(break in time between morning and afternoon tours)

Last year Robo did the tours with me and it was so fun to share our thoughts after we did it.

When we did the private tour in the evening, we knew where to look to see certain and particular items.
We shared this info with others in the tour group right before entering the houses.

I believe we were the only two in our evening tour group that did the day tours.

I started the day tours the first year and do them every year.

In the beginning years, pictures could be taken in the day tour houses.
Now, not necessarily the case.

I hit HHN two times before I do the day tour and and always do them prior to private night tours.

As far as I know, Robo will join me for the Unmask the Horror tour again this year.

Anyone that wants to join it with us, will be welcomed!
Just have to set up a date in advance to be in the same group.

U r truly invested (née addicted) to HHN :)

The day tours are on my bucket list. I just need a longer visit to do it justice lol.

Money aside, i have avoided it thus far as i truly avoid spoilers, in all things. I’m probably in the definite minority, but love to go thru houses and try to ferret out the goodies. Enjoy the discovery process of seeing new things each time through. Our travel habits haven’t permitted me to do both the few HHNs we manage & the behind the scenes (a day after the first HHN as I’d be too tired to then do that day’s HHN)

Used to subscribe to the I’ll sleep when i’m Dead on vacation mentality, but now find I’m less of a commando, as there is truly a lot of walking doing that sort of dusk to dawn touring sort of day:tilt: Have found I enjoy it less when i’m Running on fumes.

Do you remember what days of week they offer typically & the times? Is it always on a HHN night?

Based on last year’s notes, Thursday-Friday- Saturday- Sunday

UTH tours lasted 2 -2.5 hours each

I paid $129.99 + tax as booked both morning and afternoon at the same time

Based on last year’s notes, Thursday-Friday- Saturday- Sunday

I’ll look up the times and be back

Other than the random wednesday HHN night, sounds like they generally offer on HHN nights.

Should’ve asked approx what time each session starts. Know you had to hustle to finnegans for dinner a few years afterwards

That would makes for a really long day for the guides!

Keisha, I only listed the ones for the time period I went

Would like a Wednesday tour if they had them for early to mid October

If I am going on Oct 4 (Thursday night) with my 18 yr old daughter, what is the best way to see it all with least waiting in lines. It's our first time and we only have 1 night. It would be a surprise for my daughter. Since it's just the 2 of us (we're a family of 7), I can afford to go a little nuts to help us not wait in long lines and see as much as possible. I'm just confused about VIP tours, vs express packages, etc.

Thanks....

If I am going on Oct 4 (Thursday night) with my 18 yr old daughter, what is the best way to see it all with least waiting in lines. It's our first time and we only have 1 night. It would be a surprise for my daughter. Since it's just the 2 of us (we're a family of 7), I can afford to go a little nuts to help us not wait in long lines and see as much as possible. I'm just confused about VIP tours, vs express packages, etc.

Thanks....

We did the RIP tour last year and really thought it was great! You will be able to do all of the houses as well as scare zones. You start off at the meeting place where they have appetizers, cupcakes, etc. They you head off on the tour. I had two kids with me and seriously this was the best money spent. So easy, I didn't have to plan anything out at all (which is a big bonus to me). We were also able to go on a couple rides during the tour, and get a sneak peak at some backstage areas. We are going again this year and plan on booking the tour.

Stillfish
One of the nights I will be there too

Read up on the threads that we have in the forum about the parks and hhn

Read the www.halloweenhorrornights.com

If you are not familiar with the studio lay out, look at the park map online
Once house info is released, you can easily know the best way to walk to them

Tour and morenticket info will be released by uo before summer

Thanks....

If you are going only one night, and you want to be sure to see it all, then Express Pass or RIP will be what you want.

RIP pros: You will absolutely see all houses in front of the line fashion. Historically, you would see the Bill and Teds show, but last year was the last Bill and Teds. We don't know yet if one, both, or either will be guaranteed this year. Also, you get front of the line to 1-3 rides during the night and a few exclusive snack/drink bars. You can use your RIP credentials as an Express Pass for 1 time on each ride after the tour.

RIP con: You don't get to spend a whole lot of time in each scare zone, but you will get to go through each zone. Costs more than Express Pass.

EP pros: You will get to tour the event at your own pace, and you will most assuredly (unless you crap out early or get to the event late) go through all houses. You should be able to see one or both shows, just depending on when you start the night and how quickly you move from house to house and how much time you spend in each scare zone.

EP cons: Not a whole lot. If you go in (early enough) with the intent to see it all, you will. Probably be able to use Express for a couple of rides too.

Bottom line: If you are going one night, do yourself the favor and get either Express Pass or RIP. Yes, it is expensive, but you won't wait forever in lines, and you can see it all. If money is no concern, I'd opt for the RIP tour. First class all the way (although there is a chance you might not have time to see both shows depending on your tour start time).

Good luck, and have fun. It truly is an amazingly fun experience!

If you plan to use EP during HHN, planning on staying until closing, and taking advantage of the Stay and Play holding area, then I suggest not using the EP for the first couple of houses when the holding area is released, and saving them for later in the evening when the wait lines have gotten longer. The waits should be minimal after being released from the holding area, as you will arrive before the outside guests. That way, you can do those houses again later with the EPs when waits have grown longer.

If you plan to use EP during HHN, planning on staying until closing, and taking advantage of the Stay and Play holding area, then I suggest not using the EP for the first couple of houses when the holding area is released, and saving them for later in the evening when the wait lines have gotten longer. The waits should be minimal after being released from the holding area, as you will arrive before the outside guests. That way, you can do those houses again later with the EPs when waits have grown longer.

THIS. Anyone who's getting an EP... this is the way to go. This is exactly how we did it last year and we manged to see AHS 2x as well as The Shinning.

THIS. Anyone who's getting an EP... this is the way to go. This is exactly how we did it last year and we manged to see AHS 2x as well as The Shinning.
Ditto.
This is why I struggle with RIP, given the additional cost. I’m not sure it gets you say $100 more value by getting a bit of food included and saving a small amount of time in lines, as you really don’t wait long with EP...

If you do any house from out of the holding pins, it will still be light outside

Repeat those houses when it is dark and you will see a different effect in them as they will be much darker inside

Can make a huge difference of your opinion in the house when you repeat them later when dark outside

If you do any house from out of the holding pins, it will still be light outside

Repeat those houses when it is dark and you will see a different effect in them as they will be much darker inside

Can make a huge difference of your opinion in the house when you repeat them later when dark outside
I don’t notice a lot of difference in darkness in the actual houses, but it is really difficult to get your eyes to adjust coming into the dark houses from the sunny outside! I really liked how AHS has had a queue that went inside a darker building first so your eyes could be acclimated before going into the actual house.

I hit the first early opening house and it had light filtering into it in sections
Talking about 6:15 or so

Ditto.
This is why I struggle with RIP, given the additional cost. I’m not sure it gets you say $100 more value by getting a bit of food included and saving a small amount of time in lines, as you really don’t wait long with EP...

I’ve done both, and do like RIP better, but that was with Private RIP tours. This year, it will depend upon what, if anything replaces Bill and Ted’s as RIP guests are seated up front.

Also, a few years ago, the RIP break room was inside MIB with the two multi-arm aliens. That was cool, and I felt like a VIP with MIB riders watching us from the riders line.

Having said that, I will be by myself, and I’m also leaning towards the EP if I go. My purchase depends upon if any AP discounts exist for either option.

Last edited:
I don’t notice a lot of difference in darkness in the actual houses, but it is really difficult to get your eyes to adjust coming into the dark houses from the sunny outside! I really liked how AHS has had a queue that went inside a darker building first so your eyes could be acclimated before going into the actual house.
I always have trouble getting adjusted to the dark houses so I found the trick of wearing sunglasses until I enter the house, it really helps these old eyes see everything better.

I remember last year I only did the Hive house once.

It was so dark inside that I got lost and was just standing still trying to figure out what to do at the very end.

Now that I think about it, that was our first house on one day. So I wonder if I should have given it a second shot after dark.

I remember last year I only did the Hive house once.

It was so dark inside that I got lost and was just standing still trying to figure out what to do at the very end.

Now that I think about it, that was our first house on one day. So I wonder if I should have given it a second shot after dark.

:rotfl: same here! It was or first house when we did early entry. I think I walked into a corner at some point because I couldn’t even see the person in front of me. I was wearing sunglasses beforehand, but it was really sunny out still. We also didn’t end up doing that house again.

:rotfl: same here! It was or first house when we did early entry. I think I walked into a corner at some point because I couldn’t even see the person in front of me. I was wearing sunglasses beforehand, but it was really sunny out still. We also didn’t end up doing that house again.

Lol believe i found the same corner. the way they have so many monitors inside the houses directing traffic & how they pack ‘em in via the conga lines you can’t go too far afield.

I have a newbie question, does this affect other times in the parks? We are going for our first time and obviously need to be able to cram as much in as possible in the one day we are there. Will we be allowed to stay in the park or do you have to leave when it's time for this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter