"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Silly question- is there a good guesstimate of a wait time for TOT lines? I know that even though lines look long, they move quickly but I'm currently thinking of spending from about 7:20-8:15 PM of our party night TOTing around Fantasyland and Liberty Square. With 5 candy stops between them, is that too little time to devote to TOTing or could we do more than 5 in that time? Just trying to gauge. Thanks!!

I do know this time frame will be heavier than say 9pm-midnight. 11-12 is really the sweet spot.

Last edited:

I believe on the part farthest out in the water. So about midway along the wood path.

This could be very pretty for mnsshp, since Tom's Sawyer island might have fog and hm will be lit up nicely.

So do you think if were at train station for the 9:15 parade, hit Mickey directly after the parade we would have time to book it over here before the fireworks?

There were at least a dozen different treats we could choose from, and we could request whatever we wanted, and then the CMs loaded up our bags. I haven't heard of nor read any complaints of allergy-candy shortages this year.

Towards the end of October including Halloween night, we have experienced the opposite since they started this program. We're grateful it exists but wish it was comparable to your experience and others. :(

Thank you!! I bought the garment pieces and sewed on attachments for all the lights, mine is just El Wire and my husbands is an El Tape kit I bought from a guy in the UK. Husband actually had a thicker jacket and pants but when we got to Florida we realized it was wayyy too hot for his costume. So the morning of the party we went to Target, I bought a light running jacket and pants, cut off the hood, hand-finished the hem, sewed on all new Velcro for the lights and he was ready to go by 4pm!

Thanks all for the kind words! I’m not a pro by any means but I love making costumes! My profile has a link to my Instagram which I use for costume photos, I put more of our party shots there too.

My fave costume I saw Friday was a girl who did the computer lady from Spaceship Earth, she had the boots, the yellow tights, the white jacket, the hair, everything!!! I may have squealed when I saw her! Saw a great Marion and Indy as well, and a woman in a full furry Sully costume!! She must have been so hot but it looked amazing!

Really well done! ::yes:: and thanks for sharing your awesome photo, you two look amazing! :thumbsup2

So do you think if were at train station for the 9:15 parade, hit Mickey directly after the parade we would have time to book it over here before the fireworks?

It sounds like you could. I would walk up the left side of main Street, using the shops if that is a clearer path.

I let my AP expire in August and currently have no regular park admission attached to my name. If my MNSSHP ticket is showing on my MDE account can I use an old MagicBand for entry (at 4:00 PM) and FPs?

Thanks!

I let my AP expire in August and currently have no regular park admission attached to my name. If my MNSSHP ticket is showing on my MDE account can I use an old MagicBand for entry (at 4:00 PM) and FPs?

Look at your MDE account.
Does the party ticket have your icon assigned to it? (Meaning not someone else in your Friends and Family group.)
Does the Magic Band have your icon assigned to it?

If yes, you can use the Magic Band for entering the parks and for fastpasses.

You can reassign the party ticket, if it was assigned to someone else in your MDE account.

You cannot reassign a Magic Band.

Look at your MDE account.
Does the party ticket have your icon assigned to it? (Meaning not someone else in your Friends and Family group.)
Does the Magic Band have your icon assigned to it?

If yes, you can use the Magic Band for entering the parks and for fastpasses.

You can reassign the party ticket, if it was assigned to someone else in your MDE account.

You cannot reassign a Magic Band.

Both the band and ticket are in my account and under my name. I'm mostly concerned about my FPs.

Both the band and ticket are in my account and under my name. I'm mostly concerned about my FPs.

Then making Fastpasses shouldn't be a problem.

Wait, let me rephrase that.

Making Fastpasses shouldn't be a problem if the MDE system is working properly.

I'm not planning a trip right now, but my understanding is that the MDE system has been a mess lately.

Then making Fastpasses shouldn't be a problem.

Wait, let me rephrase that.

Making Fastpasses shouldn't be a problem if the MDE system is working properly.

I'm not planning a trip right now, but my understanding is that the MDE system has been a mess lately.
I alreàdy have my FPs but my party "ticket" is just a printout. Not sure how to use a FP tapstile unless an old MB (I literally have dozens!) will work.

I alreàdy have my FPs but my party "ticket" is just a printout. Not sure how to use a FP tapstile unless an old MB (I literally have dozens!) will work.

If you didn't have a Magic Band, you could go to a ticket window and get a hard ticket for the party, which you could use at the FP tapstiles.

Depends on the crowds and how long you are with Mickey. The parade won’t be past you until 9:40ish. If we allot 15 mins for Mickey (feasible if you’re one of the first in line, and I’m guessing his line moves faster now that he’s not talking), you’ve got 20 minutes or so to get there. My fear is you getting up Main Street through the crowds. As mentioned, I’d recommend cutting through the shops on the left hand side. You may arrive with only seconds to spare :)

I went by Guest Services at the front of the park (beforehand), and they gave me cards for MNSSHP (I also had a printout).

I went by Guest Services at the front of the park (beforehand), and they gave me cards for MNSSHP (I also had a printout).

We had a confirmation number and stopped by guest services at the TTC where they activated the tickets and just added them to our MBs. We never got hard tickets and just tapped in the event entrance tapstiles and got our wristbands.

DD23 and I did MNSSHP Sunday 16th. Saw the parade and sisters show. Did magic shots, trick or treated and rode some rides.

For someone that has been going to WDW for decades and has gone every month of the year many times my perspective was the pathways were CROWDED. However the rides were not bad. Did SM with short wait (5 mins?)

We loved it so much we did it again Tues the 18th. Actually felt more crowded.

Lucky us without any rain problems. Slight delay on Hallowishes sunday but it was only a drizzle and we were headed back already.

Oh the mono closed on Sunday we were heading over but there was a bus so no big deal.

We had a great time both nights. Definitely go again. However if I had elderly or kids in a stroller I think I would have been annoyed with the crowds.

Magic shots very slow to show up. I still patiently waiting for a few from Tues,

I also took my candy through security. They made me dump it in a tub then re bag it after. All GOOD.

Any q's PM me :daisy:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts