"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we buy the hard ticket for this event (without having a regular park ticket), and show up at 4:00 pm, when park is still open to all guests, can we try to get a FP once we enter the gate? Or since we didn't buy a regular ticket, will it deny a FP selection?

Last time we did this (MVMCP Dec 2018), we made FP+ reservations well in advance, but we also had other tickets on our account. We had no problem using or modifying FP+ once in the park that day. (In fact, we scored SDMT while in line for Jungle Cruise.)

Also, if we buy the hard ticket and decide not to go, can we get a refund or at least give them to someone to enjoy?

Disney's official answer on refund is no. I don't know about reassigning the tickets.

Here is a pic!
Whoa. That's a lot of stuff.

I've got a kid (almost 10 at last MNSSHP) that's not really interested in candy. We stopped into one or two of the stations with short lines, but after she figured out that the candy wasn't Disney-specific, we focused on other things. So we only ended up with a couple handfuls of candy.

(Treats at MVMCP are a totally different story. She (at 11) wanted to stop at all the stations. Since we were given multiple treats at every station, I ended up with medium merchandise bag full of cookies, which we ate all week afterward, and still took a dozen home.)

If we buy the hard ticket for this event (without having a regular park ticket), and show up at 4:00 pm, when park is still open to all guests, can we try to get a FP once we enter the gate? Or since we didn't buy a regular ticket, will it deny a FP selection?
you can book FP on the ticket. Just do it after you book any park FP and you can't if you have FP at another park on the day if the party

does Disney come out with a list of characters that will be out for photo ops at the party before the party season starts

No. The characters mostly stay the same from year to year. Usually some rumors leak about changes the week before the first party but nothing is confirmed until reports back after the 1st party

so does anyone have a list of the one's who are usually there?

Thank you! That makes my decision way easier!

Be sure to compare prices though. How much more would you spend for a park ticket that can get you in prior to the start of the party? If it's only $20 or what you feel is reasonable and you plan on meeting a major character that greets guests at 4:30, it might be a worth while expenditure.

Note:
  • DVC Blue card holders were allowed in at 2pm.
  • MNSSHP Exclusive Merchandise was sold to anyone who had a party ticket.
  • Dining Reservations are open to guests.
So it is possible to get more done with both park & party ticket, as long as it's within your budget.

Tickets are non-refundable. In an extreme situation (eg, a medical or travel emergency, unusually bad weather, etc), it’s worth calling guest relations to discuss options. Disney has a good track record of working with people. But ‘deciding not to go’ isn’t one of those situations, so I’d advise against purchasing party tickets unless you’re definitely going.

If you have a physical hard ticket, yes, you can give that to anyone to use. If you don’t have a hard ticket and you party tickets are, say, connected to your MDE account - those can freely be transfered to friends/family connnected to your account prior to use.

Hope that helps.

Perfect explanation! This should be on the Main page. :thumbsup2

So, hubby and I are very seriously considering doing a trip just for MNSSHP this year. We can get cheap flights and a great deal at Beach Club for a short stint the last week in August: we'd be coming in for a couple days at Stormalong Bay and the party only, no regular park tickets. The girls don't start school until after Labor Day, so this would be our end-of-summer celebration.

My concern: the party that fits with the cheap flights/room is the 8/27 party. Given the timing of SWGE opening, do you think that party will end up super crowded? Any other year, a late August Tuesday is your best bet for low(er) crowds, but I'm worried that folks will come in a few days before SWGE and start their trip off with a party. Or, are the parties so crowded in general these days that even the lightest day of the year is still going to feel congested, so it really doesn't matter?

Be sure to compare prices though. How much more would you spend for a park ticket that can get you in prior to the start of the party? If it's only $20 or what you feel is reasonable and you plan on meeting a major character that greets guests at 4:30, it might be a worth while expenditure.

Note:
  • DVC Blue card holders were allowed in at 2pm.
  • MNSSHP Exclusive Merchandise was sold to anyone who had a party ticket.
  • Dining Reservations are open to guests.
So it is possible to get more done with both park & party ticket, as long as it's within your budget.

Thank you! DISers really are so helpful!

I actually already bought the tickets. My big delimma was I will have two nephews on this trip who won’t go to the park under normal circumstances (My sister’s kids. Somehow she did not inherit the Disney gene) They (sister, nephews) are coming along for the Florida weather, Resort pool, and plan to visit the Disney conservatory. She said I could take them to the party but I really didn’t want to pay for a park ticket AND a party ticket to just attend a few hours.
I appreciate your insight though and bet it helps someone else. Thank you! :love:

Is anyone else a little gun-shy about booking this year? We have gone every year since our kids were old enough to go, but the crowds last year were insane.
It was bad enough, that Disney took care of us when we talked to customer care (they are awesome). Seems like an admission of a problem, and as such...maybe they've addressed it?

I'm tempted to make plans out of habit, but maybe we start alternating years and do something else this Halloween?

Why did it just put my 3 tickets under my name in MDE and not under the people's name I bought them for? Is that normal?

Is anyone else a little gun-shy about booking this year? [...] I'm tempted to make plans out of habit, but maybe we start alternating years and do something else this Halloween?

Well I agree with you but... we just booked a second party trip to address these concerns. So, instead of doing 2 parties over 7 days in August, we'll do 1 parties/3 days in August and 2 parties/4 days in October. Hopefully that'll be enough to get my Halloween fix.

We always say we'll alternate years and then end up going to California every third year instead. What can I say, we're Halloween addicts. :cool1::maleficen

Let me know if this is correct. I get on Disney's website, log-in and then order the MNSSHP tickets. They will then appear on my MDE account and then I assign the tickets to each person attending.

I mentioned earlier that we will not have a regular park ticket that day. That being said, will the MDE account allow me to make FP+ selections 60 days out for 4:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m.?

Let me know if this is correct. I get on Disney's website, log-in and then order the MNSSHP tickets. They will then appear on my MDE account and then I assign the tickets to each person attending.
Yes!

I mentioned earlier that we will not have a regular park ticket that day. That being said, will the MDE account allow me to make FP+ selections 60 days out for 4:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m.?
Also yes! However, you will need to pick the right times: 3:20 to 4:20, 4:30 to 5:30, 5:30 to 6pm. (or something close) No FP will be available after 6pm. You will be able to enter the part at 4, and the FP has some after/before wiggle room so if you're determined you can get all three. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!