"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the info on their Facebook page. In the “Visitors posts” section someone had asked when they were releasing flights for November and JetBlue replied March 24th 12pm EST.
got it thanks! is this flash sale tickets or just them extending there flights for those months?

Thank you! Any tips for price watching on Southwest? I normally track prices on google flights. Last time I booked airfare I think I booked it in April for a September trip and prices didn't get much lower (only about $100). But I've never tried getting a specific airline before. Best time to buy? Right away? Wait?
I usually book JetBlue so I’m not so sure about Southwest prices. Maybe ask on the transportation board and see what they think? Good luck!

I don't have the Southwest release date but I need it. How do I find out? It irks me to no end that I can't look at prices yet. Our plan is to drive (husband's idea). But that sounds like torture to me from IL with two kids. So I've been working on him. He loves Southwest. I've almost got him. I just need PRICES LOL.

This is from the Southwest Site:

upload_2019-3-19_15-3-18.png

We fly out of new orleans and it's a cheap, quick, direct flight. So we don't even entertain other airlines.

Thank you! Any tips for price watching on Southwest? I normally track prices on google flights. Last time I booked airfare I think I booked it in April for a September trip and prices didn't get much lower (only about $100). But I've never tried getting a specific airline before. Best time to buy? Right away? Wait?
Southwest prices are usually the lowest on release day. But the great thing about Southwest is that if your flight price drops, you can get a credit back for the difference. So there is zero risk in booking on opening day!

I get that it comes down to how you spend your money, but I really don't live a lavish lifestyle either. I don't have cable, I always make my food at home, I rarely go out. I just think it's funny how lots of people I went to school with are out living those lavish lifestyles AND traveling and I'm not really sure how. It's one thing if you're saving and living minimally, but I have a friend who goes out every weekend, purchases name brand clothes and just bought a new car. He makes about 20,000 a year. I know that because we used to have the same exact job (I don't have that job anymore). He goes on about 10 trips a year, internationally and domestic. I don't know how he does it.

Southwest prices are usually the lowest on release day. But the great thing about Southwest is that if your flight price drops, you can get a credit back for the difference. So there is zero risk in booking on opening day!

Cluelyss is 100% correct!

You mean there's no game playing, guessing game, or calendar hopping? SHOCKING! I think I might just buy on release day then! Alright I have got 64 days to solidify his yes lol.

You mean there's no game playing, guessing game, or calendar hopping? SHOCKING! I think I might just buy on release day then! Alright I have got 64 days to solidify his yes lol.
One caveat on Southwest, if you pay cash you will not get a refund if price drops, just a credit that you can use on a future flight (good for 1 year from the date of purchase). Also, they won't credit you automatically, you have to watch for price drops and switch your booking (like Disney).
If you book with points, then you do get points refunded if you switch to a lower price ticket.
I book SW as soon as possible with points, and usually they have a sale in early fall that I jump on. Last year price dropped 10,000 points for our 2 RT tix, which is enough for another 1 way ticket!

One caveat on Southwest, if you pay cash you will not get a refund if price drops, just a credit that you can use on a future flight (good for 1 year from the date of purchase). Also, they won't credit you automatically, you have to watch for price drops and switch your booking (like Disney).
If you book with points, then you do get points refunded if you switch to a lower price ticket.
I book SW as soon as possible with points, and usually they have a sale in early fall that I jump on. Last year price dropped 10,000 points for our 2 RT tix, which is enough for another 1 way ticket!

When you says switch you booking, how does that work. Cancel and the rebook? I thought wanna get away fares were non-refundable?

When you says switch you booking, how does that work. Cancel and the rebook? I thought wanna get away fares were non-refundable?
There is no need to cancel the flight. You would go onto the southwest web site or app and go to your flight information. There you will find an option to change/cancel flight. You will select to change the flight. It then has you do a search for a new flight to change to... you will then pick the exact same flight if the price has dropped and it will then rebook you at the lower fare. if you paid by points you will get the extra points refunded back into your account. If paid by credit card or gift card then you receive a voucher for the difference good for one year from date of purchase. and as always southwest never charges a change fee.

Question-- probably a silly one, but this will be the first time we are going during Christmas season.. IF we are planning on going to a party Dec 7-14th, how quickly do these events sell out?

Question-- probably a silly one, but this will be the first time we are going during Christmas season.. IF we are planning on going to a party Dec 7-14th, how quickly do these events sell out?
Based on last year none of the parties during your dates sold out, I went to the 11/25 sold out party right after Thanksgiving and we felt like it wasnt crowed really. We got on all the rides basically walk on. Felt like most of the people were doing character meets and the live shows. We were able to see every show and catch the last parade of the night and it was awesome! This year parties might sell out a lot quicker due to the star wars opening so its best to buy early then wait! You should have a great time though, I know I am excited to go back this November!

I actually had one of the best times ever in my life at Disney last Christmas party seriously it was amazing it was the day that there was supposedly a huge storm coming that petered out.

That being said I’m going to give the party a five year break just to refresh itself in my mind as well.

Fabulous time if you have never been!

Question: I booked a long weekend trip in early December. The one day I picked to visit a park, MK, was Sunday. I never thought about it being a party night. If, probably when, they announce it as a party night will Disney let me change my ticket to the party ticket? I'm considering just adding the party so I can have even more time in the park but this was supposed to be a "budget" trip. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter