"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: I booked a long weekend trip in early December. The one day I picked to visit a park, MK, was Sunday. I never thought about it being a party night. If, probably when, they announce it as a party night will Disney let me change my ticket to the party ticket? I'm considering just adding the party so I can have even more time in the park but this was supposed to be a "budget" trip. :)
I believe it's considered a seperate hard ticket, so I don't think there is anything that can be changed, just purchased separately.

Question: I booked a long weekend trip in early December. The one day I picked to visit a park, MK, was Sunday. I never thought about it being a party night. If, probably when, they announce it as a party night will Disney let me change my ticket to the party ticket? I'm considering just adding the party so I can have even more time in the park but this was supposed to be a "budget" trip. :)
Once the dates are announced, I would call resort ticketing and inquire. You just need to get the right CM who wants to help. If you get one that says no, I would try calling back a few more times if you really want it switched. Tickets are "non-refundable" and party tickets are "non-refundable" and "non-transferrable" yet there are always reports of tickets being switching or people getting refunds.

I know the Christmas parade is only during the party and a regular parade on non party days. Is that correct?

No they will not let you change your ticket.

I know the Christmas parade is only during the party and a regular parade on non party days. Is that correct?
Yes, as mentioned, Festival of Fantasy still runs in the afternoon on party days. However, once the parties end, the daytime parade switches to the Christmas parade - so there are opportunities to see the Christmas outside of MVMCP.

Wow they are really taking their time releasing these dates.....
In the past 5 years, MVCMP dates / ticket sales have been released on random days in February, March, Mid-April, and even early May. So, even though March 19th was the date last year, there really is no precedent. They could release them any day now, or it could be quite a while. Disney is so unpredictable!

Anyone heard any whispers of schedule or tickets for 2019?

MVMCP 2018 was already on sale by this time last year.

Anyone heard any whispers of schedule or tickets for 2019?

MVMCP 2018 was already on sale by this time last year.
Hopefully soon after they finally announce the dates for 2019 Epcot Food and Wine Festival.

Hello all,

So I have a question for those who have been to the parks during the dreaded Christmas week...I want to know...Is it REALLY that terrifying? Because I keep reading all these posts saying DON'T DO IT. DO NOT GO TO DISNEY DURING CHRISTMAS TIME UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES...but really, how bad is it? Let me just say this, I have absolutely zero expectations. My son will be 6 years old, he could not care less for thrill rides, he does not care about the big attractions. He just wants to go to Peter Pan and the Kilimanjaro Safari, so we are just going for the experience really, the atmosphere; rides are not important to us at this point (we just came back from a trip in May anyway, and we've been to WDW plenty of times before). Bottom line is...is it REALLY that scary??

We have gone during the week of Christmas 3x during the last 4 years, last year went week of Thanksgiving. We would go this Christmas except we just did our 1st Disney Cruise. We go for 7-10D. So we are there the week before and we stay until 12/27. You can tell the difference form the week before, as well as, crowds start increasing around the 23rd. However, crowds aren't as bad as the 25th through the New Year. We have gone to the MK each trip on Christmas day and get a lot done. Yes, it's crowded, especially in certain walkways and in the HUB, PP wanting to see the Christmas parade and stage show.

I make sure I have our 3 FP+ booked for each day, I've been able to get 4th, 5th FP+ on Christmas day but limited rides and times. I enter MK at opening on Christmas day, FP+ don't start until after 11:45am and have a sit down B/L @ 11. After FP+ we leave the park and eat dinner at a non-park restaurant. I have a plan, that plan is flexible, FP+ are booked for each day and my ADRs are made 180D out, but always have to change once CP narrators and dining ADRs open. Then if any special ticket events open, I may make changes again. DD just turned 11 last month, spent her 1st Disney Christmas @ age 6, she loves it. We do attend MVMCP, 2 parties if dates line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter