Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

At marathon weekend after the races, the bus stopped at BWI, Swan/Dolphin, YC and then BC.

In the morning I can’t recall what we did. We usually walked out right into a bus.

It looks like the last 2 years saw the starting line in the TTC parking lot. Is that where this one is likely to begin, also?

W
For 2020, I could see them tweaking it to go through the Star Wars land. But they can't do that yet.

I'm new to this as well and curious. I'm guessing it starts at TTC and goes down the road into Epcot and through the World Showcase? Or am I way off?

I'm new to this as well and curious. I'm guessing it starts at TTC and goes down the road into Epcot and through the World Showcase? Or am I way off?

The course they used for Dark Side Half 2017 (and, as I understand it, the other years) starts at the south end of the TTC parking lot, goes down through back (non-public) roads to the back side of Animal Kingdom (entering the park in Asia as I recall), goes out the front of AK, then goes and dips into Studios before heading past Boardwalk, around World Showcase, and out the front into the Epcot parking lot.

https://www.darksidechallenger.com/2018-star-wars-dark-side-half-marathon-map.html has a map.

Speaking of the course, I'm curious about something as well. Do they do theming/characters/etc. along the back roads as well, or is that just on the portions that go through the parks? I'm wondering if that 4-ish mile stretch at the beginning before reaching AK will have anything to look at besides the backs of the runners in front of me.

Speaking of the course, I'm curious about something as well. Do they do theming/characters/etc. along the back roads as well, or is that just on the portions that go through the parks? I'm wondering if that 4-ish mile stretch at the beginning before reaching AK will have anything to look at besides the backs of the runners in front of me.
There will be characters and plenty to see.

The course they used for Dark Side Half 2017 (and, as I understand it, the other years) starts at the south end of the TTC parking lot, goes down through back (non-public) roads to the back side of Animal Kingdom (entering the park in Asia as I recall), goes out the front of AK, then goes and dips into Studios before heading past Boardwalk, around World Showcase, and out the front into the Epcot parking lot.

https://www.darksidechallenger.com/2018-star-wars-dark-side-half-marathon-map.html has a map.

Thank you. That link is exactly what I was looking for!

Off a bit - the course goes from TTC into AK, out on Osceola, into DHS, then EP. Here's this year's map: http://cdn.instantmagazine.com/upload/2425/swds18_half_course_map_final.6715683a0416.pdf

That stretch on Bear Island Rd., leading into AK, is one of my favorite parts of the course! The last two years, they've created epic SW "battle" scenes using speakers, lights, lasers and other effects. It was SW geek-out city. :) And yes, some characters stops were in the first 4 miles, too.

Off a bit - the course goes from TTC into AK, out on Osceola, into DHS, then EP. Here's this year's map: http://cdn.instantmagazine.com/upload/2425/swds18_half_course_map_final.6715683a0416.pdf

That stretch on Bear Island Rd., leading into AK, is one of my favorite parts of the course! The last two years, they've created epic SW "battle" scenes using speakers, lights, lasers and other effects. It was SW geek-out city. :) And yes, some characters stops were in the first 4 miles, too.

The Wine and Dine 1/2 course has run on Bear Island Rd. in the past as well, and it was my all time favorite Disney property road outside of the parks to run on! Its straight, flat and shaded with lots of trees on both sides. It's very pretty and easy to get in a comfortable zone for the stretch. It sounds like the entertainment for SW will be awesome here as well!

I'm not sure if it's any better now - last time we were there on marathon weekend, we made sure we were going to parks we could get to without buses. (Beach Club to Epcot and Studios.)

So, can you get from BC to Epcot's parking lot in the morning? Thinking about the 5K that starts there. I Googled it, and it appears to be 3.1 miles unless you walk THROUGH Epcot, which you can't really do that morning. Is it as far as other resorts?

So, can you get from BC to Epcot's parking lot in the morning? Thinking about the 5K that starts there. I Googled it, and it appears to be 3.1 miles unless you walk THROUGH Epcot, which you can't really do that morning. Is it as far as other resorts?

There's a bus, so it's effectively as far as the other resorts. You can't go through before the park opens at 9.

There's no plus to it for a start in Epcot. You still have to drive or take the bus to the start.

There's a bus, so it's effectively as far as the other resorts. You can't go through before the park opens at 9.
And you can't go to BC through EP after the race until the park is open, and IF you have a ticket to enter the park.

Okay, another newbie question (since you guys are so helpful!)... The expo - is there an fee to get into the expo? Can anyone go or just people registered for a race or the ChEAR squad? My mom is on the ChEAR squad and she's worried she won't be able to join me at the expo, even though I told her that was crazy. So I told her I'd ask here just to be sure. :teeth:

Okay, another newbie question (since you guys are so helpful!)... The expo - is there an fee to get into the expo? Can anyone go or just people registered for a race or the ChEAR squad? My mom is on the ChEAR squad and she's worried she won't be able to join me at the expo, even though I told her that was crazy. So I told her I'd ask here just to be sure. :teeth:

Anyone can go to the expo. No fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!