Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

Ok! We are running the half! I have Pop reserved and have made 3 dining reservations, Via Napoli Saturday evening for pre-race meal, Beaches & Cream Sunday late afternoon for post race celebration meal and Whispering Canyon on Tuesday morning because @LikelyLynae loves the banana bread french toast. Now all I need to do is register for the race, lol! :)
I'm staying at Pop too! See you around the pool :smooth:

While I'm thinking about the race, any chance they give us all hardhats for the half so we can get a sneak-peek of construction as part of the course? :D

DH wants me to be the death star and he be an x-wing. Sigh. How am I supposed to make a death star costume that I can run 13.1 miles in??

He's Light side and I'm Dark. If I can't figure it out I might do a mash up costume. There's lots of opportunities there. My friend and I are doing all three races on princess weekend, and I've still got to get costumes for that!

not running this year but my costumes last year were a Newsie/Han mash up for the 5K and Kylo for the 10K

My goal is to try to race the 10k (tell me if that's impossible, I've never run a 10K at Disney...
It's possible, but will depend some on your corral placement, as well as your planned pace: it's harder - though not impossible! - to run a fast pace from the later corrals, simply because you've got thousands of other people in front of you stopping for pics, walking, purposely going slower to enjoy the experience. A lot of us (maybe the majority? IDK) who do the challenge use the 10K as our "fun run", so you'll have that in the mix.

It's possible, but will depend some on your corral placement, as well as your planned pace: it's harder - though not impossible! - to run a fast pace from the later corrals, simply because you've got thousands of other people in front of you stopping for pics, walking, purposely going slower to enjoy the experience. A lot of us (maybe the majority? IDK) who do the challenge use the 10K as our "fun run", so you'll have that in the mix.
How does corral placement work for the challenge? Is your corral in both races based on your half proof of time?

How does corral placement work for the challenge? Is your corral in both races based on your half proof of time?
If I recall correctly*, the latest system had us enter two things: an estimated finish time for the half (and PoT, if that time required it), and an estimated pace for the 10K. They'll use those entries to determine corral placement.

*Can anyone who registered more recently, or has better recall, confirm or deny this? I registered for a bunch of rD races in a short period of time - I know WDW Marathon weekend was this way, but I'm not 100% certain about SW!

If I recall correctly*, the latest system had us enter two things: an estimated finish time for the half (and PoT, if that time required it), and an estimated pace for the 10K. They'll use those entries to determine corral placement.

*Can anyone who registered more recently, or has better recall, confirm or deny this? I registered for a bunch of rD races in a short period of time - I know WDW Marathon weekend was this way, but I'm not 100% certain about SW!
Oh, yeah, I definitely entered a 10k time, but you only get one bib with one corral right? And I had a 2:18 proof of time for the half and I put in a 9-10 min mile pace for the 10k. I'm assuming I would be in D based on the half PoT, and I don't know how they would use both of those things if they differ or if you are near a border between the two and plan to go faster in the 10k like me.

OK everybody, today I want to get a little excited about this race weekend. I know lots of folks on this thread have many, many races between now and April, but is anybody thinking costumes yet? Right now I'm thinking themed t shirts more than costumes. I know it's not everybody's favorite movie but I loved L3-37, Lando's droid pilot from Solo.

Our 5K shirts are being shipped to me now - I bought my whole family green, yoda-themed shirts that say "the force runs strong with this one". My kids don't know we are going yet - I'm going to wrap these shirts (along with other Disney themed shirts) for Christmas.

As far as the 10K & half, I'm thinking maybe Chewie and rebel pilot??

Oh, yeah, I definitely entered a 10k time, but you only get one bib with one corral right? And I had a 2:18 proof of time for the half and I put in a 9-10 min mile pace for the 10k. I'm assuming I would be in D based on the half PoT, and I don't know how they would use both of those things if they differ or if you are near a border between the two and plan to go faster in the 10k like me.
I believe in the past the challenge bibs have had two corral letters on them - The first for the 5k and the second for the half.

ETA: Just looked at a picture from this past Star Wars Race, and there were two letters.

I believe in the past the challenge bibs have had two corral letters on them - The first for the 5k and the second for the half.

ETA: Just looked at a picture from this past Star Wars Race, and there were two letters.
Oh thanks that's great.

And when I say 5k... I really mean 10k. o_O
Haha yes I knew what you meant!

Nope, 2 different corrals! Both are listed on the one bib.
That's good, I'd like to be in an earlier corral for the 10k but it looks like pretty wide open spaces on the roads the first few miles so it should be ok no matter the corral. I'm not that fast for Pete's sake.

Also something to keep in mind, as I’m not sure if they’ve fixed it or are going to. There were some areas that were really dark. I don’t want that to throw off your attempt at racing the 10k.

OK everybody, today I want to get a little excited about this race weekend. I know lots of folks on this thread have many, many races between now and April, but is anybody thinking costumes yet? Right now I'm thinking themed t shirts more than costumes. I know it's not everybody's favorite movie but I loved L3-37, Lando's droid pilot from Solo.

I loved L3 too! I’ve seen some fun shirts printed with “Droid rights” and L3 artwork, if you’re looking for inspiration. (My favorite was a Lucasfilm exclusive children’s sized shirt.)

This will be my first runDisney race (5k and Half), so my sister and I are starting to think of costumes. Right now I’m planning a low-key Leia tutu and shirt combo for the Half!

Our 5K shirts are being shipped to me now - I bought my whole family green, yoda-themed shirts that say "the force runs strong with this one". My kids don't know we are going yet - I'm going to wrap these shirts (along with other Disney themed shirts) for Christmas.

As far as the 10K & half, I'm thinking maybe Chewie and rebel pilot??
I love it! My kids know we are going. My 8 yo asked Santa for a Chewie running costume so I spent some time (too much time) online putting something together.

I love it! My kids know we are going. My 8 yo asked Santa for a Chewie running costume so I spent some time (too much time) online putting something together.
Q for you and @michigandergirl : when you say “Chewie costume”, are we talking full on fur or a brown running outfit? :chewy:

Fur in a race sounds like advanced level costuming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter