Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

Odd scheduling perhaps, but I don't think either matters to the other in the long run, two totally different events. If someone really wants to do both they will. So many of the Celebration fans most likely could care less about a running event that has no panels/celebrities and lots of the Disney runners will not care to go to celebration that does not involve running/Disney.

Odd scheduling perhaps, but I don't think either matters to the other in the long run, two totally different events. If someone really wants to do both they will. So many of the Celebration fans most likely could care less about a running event that has no panels/celebrities and lots of the Disney runners will not care to go to celebration that does not involve running/Disney.
This describes me. While I like Star Wars (the original 3), I'm not a rabid fan. However, I love Disney and running.

Joining in! My DH is interested in doing all 3 races. He has done one DisneyRun Event (the marathon in 2014). The whole family is hoping to do the 5K. Will be my first DisneyRun event. I've had a lot of knee problems, but 5K should be fine.

Does anyone know if there is a minimum age for the 5K? My DD will be 11. Hoping we can run the 5K as a family!

I don't have any hotel reservations yet. Hoping for some agency exclusives but they probably won't be out until late this year.

So yesterday I booked a room (ASMu was the cheapest of all on site) so I am prepared, but of course it's full price.

Any idea when room discounts for this time frame might come out?? I'm a FL resident & AP so not needing a package.

I booked yesterday for Wilderness Lodge (coming from California so going to make a vacation of it). Was really hoping for a nature view room, but they were already sold out!

Can you adjust what you paid when the discounts come out or would you have to cancel your room and rebook with what is available. I'm a Disney Visa cardholder and I see they may have some discounts coming up.

Also, is Star Wars a race that sells out quickly? Should I be at my computer as soon as it opens? Thanks!

Can you adjust what you paid when the discounts come out or would you have to cancel your room and rebook with what is available. I'm a Disney Visa cardholder and I see they may have some discounts coming up.

Also, is Star Wars a race that sells out quickly? Should I be at my computer as soon as it opens? Thanks!
I can't answer about the hotel, as I only ever book when discounts are already out, or I go offsite. But about the race, the half is unlikely to sell out quickly, if at all. The challenge will also probably take some time. The 5K and 10K may go quickly, though. This is all based on past history, of course - no guarantees about the next time!

I booked yesterday for Wilderness Lodge (coming from California so going to make a vacation of it). Was really hoping for a nature view room, but they were already sold out!

Only the Inaugural Star Wars race at Disneyland in 2015 sold out insanely fast. Al subsequent Star Wars races took longer to sell out if they did at all. I registered for the 2018 First Order Challenge in early November, months after registration opened. My sister decided to join me a few weeks later and registered in late November/early December. We both committed to the still not sold out 5K in December.

If you're booked through a travel agent and any discounts for your stay become available, check with your travel agent to see if they made the adjustments. I know that mine does. If you booked directly through Disney, you can get the new rate, but you will need to call and make the adjustment yourself. I don't believe you need to cancel and rebook unless you change resorts or something like that.

Hey guys, can’t seem to find it anywhere on the website but what’s the age restriction for the challenge? I know it’s 14 years or older for the half but is that the same for the challenge? 16 year old nephew is interested, doesn’t mind either way just curious

Hey guys, can’t seem to find it anywhere on the website but what’s the age restriction for the challenge? I know it’s 14 years or older for the half but is that the same for the challenge? 16 year old nephew is interested, doesn’t mind either way just curious

Challenge age restriction is the same as the half.

Uh I just looked at room rates for this weekend and they seem really high. Even the travel agent I usually get a group rate with is almost 2x the rates for similar resorts in January for Marathon Weekend. What gives? Did prices generally jump up for 2019?
Edited to say by this weekend of course I mean race weekend not this weekend coming up :)

Uh I just looked at room rates for this weekend and they seem really high. Even the travel agent I usually get a group rate with is almost 2x the rates for similar resorts in January for Marathon Weekend. What gives? Did prices generally jump up for 2019?
Edited to say by this weekend of course I mean race weekend not this weekend coming up :)

This year falls during many spring breaks. I know all the Atlanta schools are on spring break that week. This is why we can do the race this year. Kids won’t miss any school.

As well as what @Nole95 said, I think it is generally higher than January, but I also think it may be higher than last year. Since there are no discounts applied yet (they better give me discounts!! :)), I’m hoping that it will come down.

Booked for OKW 4-1 through 4-7. Now I have to decide whether to run the 5k, the 10k or both. Does anyone have a race map for the 10k?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts