Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

I’m looking back... it looks like last year for All-Star Sports I paid $122 and $137 per night (depending on the day) with a bounce back offer from January for a preferred room.

Rack Rate (standard room) it looks like it was $131 & $164.

Sun & Fun Offer (preferred room): $137 & $154

I think I didn’t get an AP discount because those came out after I booked it as a bounce back and it was either the same as the bounce back or not as good (or maybe no preferred rooms left...)

This year right now, rack rate for preferred room is $159, $164, $174, and $179 depending on the night. I have tentatively booked one more night than last year also.

So about $15-25 more per night for original rack rate, but that is also moving from a standard room up to a preferred room.

It looks like there may be hope that I can get a cheaper room when/if discounts come out.

Is any part of it in the studios...is it just outside the studios and then back to Epcot?
It has gone into the studios just for a little bit (same as the half). I don’t know if it will change any since Toy Story Land opened. Here’s a satellite image of the route through HS. D0EB4F95-1ED3-446B-9FFD-23A1E5EB508F.jpeg

If it’s like last year’s weekend it enters backstage goes down sunset then turns onto Hollywood and out backstage again

If it’s like last year’s weekend it enters backstage goes down sunset then turns onto Hollywood and out backstage again

The exit from DHS was out the front entrance. Last year the backstage entrance was different than the previous year but both times it has passed out the front entrance as you head towards Epcot.

This year falls during many spring breaks. I know all the Atlanta schools are on spring break that week. This is why we can do the race this year. Kids won’t miss any school.
Us too! Atlanta Spring Break is always first week of April.

Spring Break rates are higher than January and February.

Does the half marathon sell out fast? Or does anyone know the past history on that? I have a friend that will be in Florida and is considering running the half with me, but she doesn't think she can make a decision until fall.

Does the half marathon sell out fast? Or does anyone know the past history on that? I have a friend that will be in Florida and is considering running the half with me, but she doesn't think she can make a decision until fall.
I don’t think it has sold out in the past??? I could definitely be wrong, though. I think there were some races that you could even sign up for at the expo.

It hasn't but IMO the races are filling up quickly again since the number is reduced during the race hiatus at DL so past experience may not apply.

That really should be fine with regards to the Half. I did the challenge this year but didn't sign-up until Feb (maybe even early March - very "last minute" for us) and there were both Challenge and Half spots remaining.

I'm going to be registering for the half! It'll be myself first. Staying in a friend's DVC. I'm excited.

I'm just really starting to train and bought new Brooks running shoes today.

Now that registration for Marathon Weekend is done, I need to decide what to run during Star Wars weekend. I'll be solo, as always, so I can run whatever race(s) that I want. Glad I have another 5 weeks to decide.

I'm starting my planning for the races. This year we are letting the kids come with us so we'll hopefully be in for 5k, 10k for some of us, and half for two of us assuming I can figure out registration. I will have to look at what we paid last year, but I have a little sticker shock looking at room rates. Ah Disney.

My schedule has been crazy the last few months - I don't know why summer gets like that. Starting to get back on a regular running routine. Hope everyone is having a good summer!

How early does RunDisney announce race dates? We are planning a trip in Spring 2020 and I want to book resort rooms as early as possible, but also want to make sure we can participate in the Star Wars race, so need those dates before we book. Thanks!

Updating fist post:

Early registration fro Annual Passholders, DVC Members, and Golden Oak residents begins at 12pm EDT Aug. 23.

General registration begins at 12pm EDT Aug. 28

Remember, it's a new registration system: you'll need to go to runDisney.com to log in with your MDE login information under Manage my Account, or create a new login if you do not already have an MDE login.

How early does RunDisney announce race dates? We are planning a trip in Spring 2020 and I want to book resort rooms as early as possible, but also want to make sure we can participate in the Star Wars race, so need those dates before we book. Thanks!
runDisney mostly follows a Fall through Summer calendar, with W&D being the first race of each new season. I feel like the next season's race dates generally come out in early spring, but don't hold me to it!

runDisney mostly follows a Fall through Summer calendar, with W&D being the first race of each new season. I feel like the next season's race dates generally come out in early spring, but don't hold me to it!

That’s accurate.

The caveat is ‘sometimes’ rD has slipped in the next year's race dates onto a posting at the end of the year prior. But who knows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!