Official 2020 HHN Thread - 30 Years of Scares

Ok - parks are opening lets hope we get an announcement soon of some sort
IMO they’d be smart to wait approx 3 weeks after the parks open to make sure things are working out re the social distancing protocols.

Guessing they might even wait up to two months, have seen tours not be sold until the end of July in the past.

IMO they’d be smart to wait approx 3 weeks after the parks open to make sure things are working out re the social distancing protocols.

Guessing they might even wait up to two months, have seen tours not be sold until the end of July in the past.
Was more just hopeful. Im sure they dont want to confirm anything until they are sure its going to happen and how its going to happen.
Dealing with refunds etc - they may as well limit it. Of course they need to be ordering product pretty soon. Id say they lost a fortune on the Mardia Gras stuff. Maybe they we rerun the 25th next year as if this year did not happen.

Rumor: From what I have heard the Beetlejuice house is a 99% probability.

I`m not overly keen on the movie, yes, definitely in the minority there...….but this would make a fabulous house...…..

I haven't really heard any rumours apart from what I read on here and other sites, so hopefully it`s true...... :thumbsup2

Some stuff I have seen on another site that has been sort of discussed here.

Rumors from HHNU
- there will be an app and that is basically a virtual queue for the houses. "the app will then notify them which houses they can go to and when even including whether to use their Express passes "
- Less scare actors- I expected this - hopefully thee will be some sort of scare zone. Talk of scavenger hunts in an app for this to control crowds etc...
- capped attendance - we have all assumed this I think. I wonder if this will be the end of multi night tickets.
- Jack will be the Icon for the digital app

Personally the more I see the less likely Ill go.
It's still a few months away and a lot can happen between now and then - so I can hope for the best I guess.

I totally agree they’ll need to revise their process. Luckily, we went early in the season last year and had plenty of room to spread out even on a Saturday.

Agree with above posters - it was CRAZY crowded and packed tight in those corrals when we went late Oct. The one by finnegans has always led to the most popular IP houses - last year ST and Ghostbusters, so draws the biggest crowds. Cannot see how they could possibly offer this again without major queuing changes.

Barring some major covid resurgence that recloses parks or is truly a danger, we're going...scaled down event or not! Just being there is enough for me...I'll adjust expectations downward if needed.

Just turn on those darn fog machines, save me some pizza fries and let all the special effects fly! :bounce::scared1:

(I also wouldn't hate an encore showing of that gorgeously lit sam/pumpkin scare zone.)

Last edited:
Agree with above posters - it was CRAZY crowded and packed tight in those corrals when we went late Oct. The one by finnegans has always led to the most popular IP houses - last year ST and Ghostbusters, so draws the biggest crowds. Cannot see how they could possibly offer this again without major queuing changes.
Yeah I pretty much gave up on stay and scream, the whole experience at Finnegan's became unpleasant the last two years - you could not just sit and have a pint like previous years.
No reasonable way they could run it like that this year.

If they dont have something like Ghostbusters\ST that will probably reduce the crowds a bit as well.
I've seen no rumored house that has that kind of draw and even ST does not have that draw anymore.

Going to be challenging and interesting

Reactions: shh
Well here I find myself, the plus side of having a July flight cancelled and rebooking for October 🥳. Have the dates for RIP tours and AP HHN bookings been released yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!