"Official" 2020 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Poor Unfortunate Souls (2020 MNSSHP CANCELLED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the system not cancel your last day of fast passes on Friday? Wasn’t this an issue at one time?

FWIW, while this bubbled up at one time - it has not been widely reported (or even reported at all) in awhile. I don’t believe we saw any reports during last year’s party season. People are also routinely making FPs with their DAH tickets all the time with no negative reports. Whatever programming behind the scenes that was causing the issue does not seem to really be a thing these days.

Will the system not cancel your last day of fast passes on Friday? Wasn’t this an issue at one time?
yes! it definitely was. to the best of my knowledge, there was no real automatic way to fix my FASTPASS issues. i had to call and explain to a CM what was going on, and they made complimentary fast passes for me on the phone. but the issue there, is you just have to take whatever they have available at that moment.

This was a problem for me in 2018 and I had to call and it was difficult to fix.
In 2019, I called customer service before I booked to see how to avoid this problem. I booked FP for 10 day ticket, 3 after hours parties and 1 MNSSHP without any problems by following the directions of booking FP on the days I planned to use a park ticket first, then the party ticket days.
Also, I did make FP changes, but I didn’t change the days. The customer service agent advised me to not change the days

We are planning to go to our very first party on 10/31!! Are we crazy?? Now my questions....we do not plan to use a park ticket that day, we will just use the party ticket. When should we eat dinner? What is the earliest time we can enter MK for dinner reservations? I'm nervous about making FP+ reservations because I've heard that some of your other days will get canceled. Do you know if we may FP's the day of if those issues are still valid? We probably won't want to wait until the day of though...

We are planning to go to our very first party on 10/31!! Are we crazy?? Now my questions....we do not plan to use a park ticket that day, we will just use the party ticket. When should we eat dinner? What is the earliest time we can enter MK for dinner reservations? I'm nervous about making FP+ reservations because I've heard that some of your other days will get canceled. Do you know if we may FP's the day of if those issues are still valid? We probably won't want to wait until the day of though...
The last 2 pages of posts have covered the questions about FP reservations. Just know going in the night of Halloween party is always sold out. You can enter the park as early as 4pm on the party ticket. 2pm if you're a DVC member.

Yes, I just read through those posts. I'll probably call customer service after I make the FP's for the days I will use my tickets for.

yes! it definitely was. to the best of my knowledge, there was no real automatic way to fix my FASTPASS issues. i had to call and explain to a CM what was going on, and they made complimentary fast passes for me on the phone. but the issue there, is you just have to take whatever they have available at that moment.
If you do it the way I described in my earlier posts you shouldn’t have any problem. I don’t recall anyone in 2019 having fast passes cancelled.

I understand the first party and the Halloween night party are crowded. What about November 1st?
11/1 sold out last year. In theory a sold out crowd is a sold out crowd...but of course no way to verify since Disney doesn’t release those numbers. But I would expect it to be busy (since pretty much all the parties are now).

Thanks! The Wave was on my list as an option, I don't love the menu, but I've heard so many people rave about it!

Smart!!! I'll definitely keep this in mind. And I didn't know about the Halloween Party dining link, so that's a good tip!

I'm not sure what my husband is wearing, but I'm going as Ariel so I will be pretty costumey. But we are going later in October. I definitely wouldn't want to wear my costume in August, so tshirts sound like a very wise choice!
Just want to let you know on Halloween last year at 4pm, when we were heading in, it was 90 degrees! I thought I was going to die in my Cruella wig!

Yes, I just read through those posts. I'll probably call customer service after I make the FP's for the days I will use my tickets for.

Just be prepared to be more confused after calling than you may be now. This is a layer FP/MDE that most CMs aren’t trained / have experience with and you could get multiple answers. Better to depend on those with recent experience who post on places like the DIS than a phone CM, in many cases.

Just be prepared to be more confused after calling than you may be now. This is a layer FP/MDE that most CMs aren’t trained / have experience with and you could get multiple answers. Better to depend on those with recent experience who post on places like the DIS than a phone CM, in many cases.
Interesting! I do come here before each of my trips so this time will be no different. Love this group!!

We are planning to go to our very first party on 10/31!! ...we do not plan to use a park ticket that day, we will just use the party ticket. Do you know if we may FP's the day of if those issues are still valid?

This has been explained in bits and pieces this year, but let me try to put it all together.

The October 31 party always sells out.

If you are only using a party ticket, you will not be able to enter the Magic Kingdom until 4:00 pm.

The Magic Kingdom will close to the general public at 6:00 pm.

There are no Fastpasses during the party.

I believe the last Fastpasses available to book are at 5:30 pm.

The system will let you book Fastpasses any time that day with your party ticket - but you will only be able to use Fastpasses after 4:00 pm.

You could book a Fastpass for as early as 3:30 to 4:30, and hope you get into the park and to the attraction by 4:30 (plus whatever grace period they might give after 4:30). And you could try to book two for later than that, such as 4:30 to 5:30 and 5:30 to 6:00.

If you wait until October 31 to book Fastpasses for October 31 which you could use between 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm... I will be shocked if there are any Fastpases left.

(Last year, if you were a DVC member with the appropriate type of DVC ID card, you could enter the Magic Kingdom at 2:00 pm with a party ticket. That would give you more time to use Fastpasses. But I still wouldn't count on booking on October 31 to use on October 31.)

People have reported that as long as they booked Fastpasses for the other days of their trip first, and booked the Fastpasses using the party ticket after that, they did not have problems.

If I got any of this wrong, I'm sure someone will let me know.

Last edited:
I'm hoping they will still have the early DVC entry as a perk so we can go eat at LTT and then bring my son to get his first haircut at Harmony Barber Shop before we start doing party stuff.

This means your only window of opportunity for using a Fastpass is between 4:00 pm and 5:30 pm.

Quick clarification, a party/event ticket (MNSSHP, MVMCP, After Hours) will technically allow FP booking anytime that day. The system isn’t smart enough to connect that certain tickets only allow access to the park at certain times - it just sees a ticket, and ticket = the ability to make FPs.

Many with MNSSHP tickets will make FPs, for example, 3:30-4:30 (with the intent on using that FP at the end of its window), 4:30-5:30, 5:30-6. Or 3:15-4:15, 4:15-5:15, and 5:15-6. Or similar variations.

Hope that helps!

Quick clarification, a party/event ticket (MNSSHP, MVMCP, After Hours) will technically allow FP booking anytime that day. The system isn’t smart enough to connect that certain tickets only allow access to the park at certain times - it just sees a ticket, and ticket = the ability to make FPs.

Many with MNSSHP tickets will make FPs, for example, 3:30-4:30 (with the intent on using that FP at the end of its window), 4:30-5:30, 5:30-6. Or 3:15-4:15, 4:15-5:15, and 5:15-6. Or similar variations.

Hope that helps!

Thanks, I edited my post.

This has been explained in bits and pieces this year, but let me try to put it all together.

The October 31 party always sells out.

If you are only using a party ticket, you will not be able to enter the Magic Kingdom until 4:00 pm.

The Magic Kingdom will close to the general public at 6:00 pm.

There are no Fastpasses during the party.

The system will let you book Fastpasses any time that day with your party ticket - but you will only be able to use Fastpasses after 4:00 pm.

You could book a Fastpass for as early as 3:30 to 4:30, and hope you get into the park and to the attraction by 4:30 (plus whatever grace period they might give after 4:30). And you could try to book two for later than that, such as 4:30 to 5:30 and 5:30 to 6:00.

If you wait until October 31 to book Fastpasses for October 31 which you could use between 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm... I will be shocked if there are any Fastpases left.

(Last year, if you were a DVC member with the appropriate type of DVC ID card, you could enter the Magic Kingdom at 2:00 pm with a party ticket. That would give you more time to use Fastpasses. But I still wouldn't count on booking on October 31 to use on October 31.)

People have reported that as long as they booked Fastpasses for the other days of their trip first, and booked the Fastpasses using the party ticket after that, they did not have problems.

If I got any of this wrong, I'm sure someone will let me know.
Thank you!!!!! Details appreciated!!

I understand the first party and the Halloween night party are crowded. What about November 1st?

We have been yearly since 2008, and last year was the first time we were there on 11/1. Crowded - yes, manageable - definitely. As always the crowds thinned the later in the night we stayed. We were there until midnight. We had the run of Trick or Treat after 11, going through stops as many times as we would like, and actually had a great time talking to the CM's there! Lines for TOT early were long and parade viewing was tight but we did a few TOT early and got our spot for the parade and chilled waiting for it. Did first parade so then during second parade we just did TOT. Had to slide in to see fireworks in front of the castle and that was tight, so that was certainly crowded - if you've not been before maybe get over there right after first parade or get there to see parade and keep your spot (we saw parade in front of Diamond Horseshoe). We don't typically do rides during the party so can't comment on that. Let's just say our teenagers had the chance to get all the candy they could stand and have been sharing it around with friends/etc ever since we got home,. Hope that helps!

A UK site seems to have leaked the dates. Here's the site for those who are interested:
https://mickeyfromthe.uk/news/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-2020-dates-announced.html

According to their site, the dates of MNSSHP will be:
August : 13th, 18th, 21st, 25th and 28th
September : 1st, 4th, 7th, 11th, 13th,15th, 18th, 20th, 22nd, 25th, 27th and 29th
October: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 9th, 12th,13th, 15th, 16th, 18th, 20th, 22nd, 23rd, 25th, 27th, 29th and 31st
November: 1st

Disney hasn't posted the dates officially yet, though.

In experiences past, does anyone remember if the Lotso M&G had a long wait? My ADR time is tomorrow and trying to figure out when to go eat at LTT before we dive into party festivities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter