"Official" 2020 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Poor Unfortunate Souls (2020 MNSSHP CANCELLED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so torn. I plan to do EMM on 10/6, and I really think my little (who will be 5.5 when we go) is too little to stay up for the party (even if we slept in), but she wants to see the headless horseman. I really want to go, but I think I'd better leave this until she is older.

When should we eat dinner?
IMO, I wouldn't plan on dining reservations during party time. It can take a big chunk of time to do a sit down meal. We usually eat a later lunch and then grab smaller QS "on the go" like Casey's. Definitely take advantage of mobile ordering!

I believe the last Fastpasses available to book are at 5:30 pm.
From what I remember doing it last year, yes that's the last time slot.

You could book a Fastpass for as early as 3:30 to 4:30, and hope you get into the park and to the attraction by 4:30 (plus whatever grace period they might give after 4:30). And you could try to book two for later than that, such as 4:30 to 5:30 and 5:30 to 6:00.
Just chiming in on our experience...
Last year for our second party I did the FP+ exactly like this, with the only difference being my first one started at 3:15. We got our MNSSHP tickets about two weeks prior to the party (it was a last minute trip plan) and I was able to get 7DMT, Jungle Cruise (which is usually not open during the party) and Buzz. Our party wound up being sold out a few days prior and what I didn't expect was the long line through security from the Contemporary path. We like to get dropped at CR and walk over and there's usually not many people at that small security table, but for that party date there were lots of people walking over for party start time. We got in by 4:10 but decided to skip our first FP+ (Buzz) because we met up with family walking in and wanted to coordinate some plans.

UK sites are now seeing tickets... I wonder when we will be able to buy direct with Disney?

Also can you link your tickets with my disney experience app?

I'm so torn. I plan to do EMM on 10/6, and I really think my little (who will be 5.5 when we go) is too little to stay up for the party (even if we slept in), but she wants to see the headless horseman. I really want to go, but I think I'd better leave this until she is older.
Just a word of caution on Headless Horseman....if it rains at all he doesn't ride. We had a rainy afternoon for our party in October and although it cleared up well in advance of the parades, he wasn't able to ride for either parade. Something to keep in mind so your daughter isn't disappointed if it doesn't happen.

We went last year and stayed until midnight with ds5, next week he turns 6. He loved it! Worth it for him bc he LOVES Halloween!!!!! He usually wears his costumes 3-4 days a week for a month! Up to you.

I don't know if it'll come back this year but in 2018 there was an event at Fort Wilderness - Return to Sleepy Hollow - that let you meet the horse and view the movie. That could be a good alternative (it's much cheaper)....

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...erness-resort-campground-begins-september-28/
Here's the link about the cancellation for 2019, no word yet on 2020:
https://blogmickey.com/2019/03/head...rings-impacted-by-river-country-construction/

We took our two boys (4 and 6) last year and all they wanted to see was the Headless Horseman. We did see him (need to get a good spot for viewing) and then the 6 year old fell asleep for most of the first parade but rallied to see the fireworks. They loved the party but it was a late night!

I plan to go on Halloween night this year (yes, I know I'm probably crazy!). I had tickets for Halloween night for 2018 and my trip was cancelled last minute so although I've been before, I've never experienced Halloween night. The parade is my absolute favorite of all Disney parades!

If those posted dates are correct, I could make the 1st one. Was hoping the 15th was a party day not a private event. This will be my first party so a crowded, blogger filled one will be better then no party. How late does the party go? Midnight? Thanks.

Dates have gone on sale on attractiontickets.com in the UK for quite a few dates. I've always found them to be reputable so think they're genuine.

not seeing the dates on their website. Have they taken them down?

not seeing the dates on their website. Have they taken them down?
I just looked at that linked website. Dates were there and I went to purchase tickets and it took me all the way to checkout and then I backed out since I'm not from the UK. Looks legit but what do I know :rolleyes1

What is the census around here as far as planning an even ticket? Do you merge it with a park day or try to keep it on a rest day? I feel like making my MK day as the same day as the event is limiting the actual amount of hours I'm getting in the park.

What is the census around here as far as planning an even ticket? Do you merge it with a park day or try to keep it on a rest day? I feel like making my MK day as the same day as the event is limiting the actual amount of hours I'm getting in the park.

I am in the same boat.

I am leaning towards having them on separate days. We are at the Contemporary so dead easy to get to the park so might as well enjoy them on two days.

However while we will have them on separate days we will do MK on a day when there will also be a MNSSH. While it means we have to leave the park early, we have a 4 year old so it’s not as if we are staying much later.

We don't do regular day tickets anymore. With the event ticket you can get into the park at 4pm, which means you get around 8 hours of park-time. That's enough for me and more than enough for my aching feet!

I plan on doing them separately. Even getting in at 4 is a long day for us. We will probably go closer to party time, we are a tired bunch and it will be towards the end of our week :sad2:

I don't know if it'll come back this year but in 2018 there was an event at Fort Wilderness - Return to Sleepy Hollow - that let you meet the horse and view the movie. That could be a good alternative (it's much cheaper)....

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...erness-resort-campground-begins-september-28/
Here's the link about the cancellation for 2019, no word yet on 2020:
https://blogmickey.com/2019/03/head...rings-impacted-by-river-country-construction/

What a great option!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!