"Official" 2020 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Poor Unfortunate Souls (2020 MNSSHP CANCELLED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, we had tickets for August but as coming from the UK and it looks unlikely we will get there have cancelled and immediately got a refund from Disney - no questions asked. Hopefully this will give people confidence that they can get refunds if needed.

Hi, we had tickets for August but as coming from the UK and it looks unlikely we will get there have cancelled and immediately got a refund from Disney - no questions asked. Hopefully this will give people confidence that they can get refunds if needed.
How did you cancel? Can it be done online? We're from Australia, and with the time difference it's really hard to call the US.

How did you cancel? Can it be done online? We're from Australia, and with the time difference it's really hard to call the US.
There is a UK phone number for Disney World - don't know if Australia has the same? It was very easy and they did not even question me.

I'm sure I'm in the same boat as everyone else...wanting to book our party tickets but waiting see what reopening looks like. My husband and I were talking about it last night. If the parade and fireworks are canceled, that would be a deal breaker for us. At that point, it just wouldn't justify the expense and wouldn't feel like a Halloween party. I love the Boo to You parade and make sure to catch it both times. It just wouldn't be the same without it!

Got mine for Oct 25th! I'm optimistically confident I'll be trick or treating at MK!
That’s our party date as well! Praying by then this situation is better. I’m more worried for my MIL than anything since she’s in the high-risk category. I know there have been cases of healthy folks getting hit hard and even passing away from it as well. Trying to just remain positive and hopeful for our yearly Halloween tradition!

That’s our party date as well! Praying by then this situation is better. I’m more worried for my MIL than anything since she’s in the high-risk category. I know there have been cases of healthy folks getting hit hard and even passing away from it as well. Trying to just remain positive and hopeful for our yearly Halloween tradition!

Looking forward to sharing a Twix bar with you!

Fingers crossed!

I'm sure I'm in the same boat as everyone else...wanting to book our party tickets but waiting see what reopening looks like. My husband and I were talking about it last night. If the parade and fireworks are canceled, that would be a deal breaker for us. At that point, it just wouldn't justify the expense and wouldn't feel like a Halloween party. I love the Boo to You parade and make sure to catch it both times. It just wouldn't be the same without it!

To each their own. Literally. I'm not saying that offensively. I have zero interest in the parade and will watch fireworks if they are going on in the background while I'm on my way to a ride. Because of that I'm in the opposite camp as you. I bought my tickets and now reading all these rumors (I know, just rumors) that they will most likely lower capacity to everything, I feel better that I already have my tickets.

I'm curious if when they decide how many people will be let in, if they go by the date of purchase of these tickets. i.e. - The first 10,000 people who bought tickets to October 25th get in. It will definitely be interesting to see what happens...

To each their own. Literally. I'm not saying that offensively. I have zero interest in the parade and will watch fireworks if they are going on in the background while I'm on my way to a ride. Because of that I'm in the opposite camp as you. I bought my tickets and now reading all these rumors (I know, just rumors) that they will most likely lower capacity to everything, I feel better that I already have my tickets.

I'm curious if when they decide how many people will be let in, if they go by the date of purchase of these tickets. i.e. - The first 10,000 people who bought tickets to October 25th get in. It will definitely be interesting to see what happens...
I was curious about that as well. I understand people’s feelings regarding parade & fireworks but for us we would still go. I guess it would be a trade off for lighter crowds. We got our tickets the day they went on sale since this whole situation hadn’t been fully developed yet. I think what would be more disappointing than anything for our family would be modified M&G. Our littles will be 5 & 2 and that part of the experience is a major draw for us. At least we have a lot of time between now and then to see how things will be. Definitely looking forward to sharing that Twix! :thumbsup2

I was curious about that as well. I understand people’s feelings regarding parade & fireworks but for us we would still go. I guess it would be a trade off for lighter crowds. We got our tickets the day they went on sale since this whole situation hadn’t been fully developed yet. I think what would be more disappointing than anything for our family would be modified M&G. Our littles will be 5 & 2 and that part of the experience is a major draw for us. At least we have a lot of time between now and then to see how things will be. Definitely looking forward to sharing that Twix! :thumbsup2
We have similar ages and that's why I decided to cancel the main part of our trip (combined with keeping grandparents from coming). For now we are keeping our party tickets though since short ride lines and candy for one night will take the sting out of the rest being cancelled for the girls. The rest of our trip will be beach. The parade would be nice but we'd miss it more if the kids were older.

shp230948203498204982fi-768x432.jpg

Full Details: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2020/05/halfway2halloween-shriek-peek-at-spooky-new-products/

In honor of our #Halfway2Halloween celebration, I’m bringing you some ghoulish delights! Welcome foolish mortals to our “shriek peek” at new products coming soon, available at shopDisney.com, Disney Parks and other shopping destinations around the world just in time for Halloween.
From the latest Halloween costumes inspired by your favorite Disney characters to an all-new collection inspired by The Haunted Mansion, you’ll definitely want to check out these haunting must-haves!
shopDisney.com & Disney Parks:
kjsldfda03.jpg

jksdhgfsa04.jpg

joisdfda0.jpg

jksdlfsa13.jpg

I'm thinking about doing a Mother-Daughter Halloween Party trip in early October. I have an annual pass & we have 2 tickets we can use for my daughter to get into 2 parks while we're there. We're thinking of doing the party the first night we are there & she doesn't have a park ticket. If they allow annual passholders with party tickets in starting at 2, can she enter with me with a party ticket?

I'm thinking about doing a Mother-Daughter Halloween Party trip in early October. I have an annual pass & we have 2 tickets we can use for my daughter to get into 2 parks while we're there. We're thinking of doing the party the first night we are there & she doesn't have a park ticket. If they allow annual passholders with party tickets in starting at 2, can she enter with me with a party ticket?
Are you DVC as well? If so, the 2pm entry has been a perk of ownership over the past few years. The guests who are not pass holders have been allowed in at 4pm on a party ticket.

Last edited:
Are you DVC as well? If so, the 2pm entry has been a perk of ownership over the past few years. Annual pass holders have been allowed in at 4pm on a party ticket (the same as those without an AP).
Annual passholders can enter any time of the day. But your daughter, if she is not a pass holder and has only a party ticket, would need to wait until 4 PM to enter. Only DVC can bring guests with them during the early entry window.

Annual passholders can enter any time of the day. But your daughter, if she is not a pass holder and has only a party ticket, would need to wait until 4 PM to enter. Only DVC can bring guests with them during the early entry window.
Thank you for clarifying, that’s what I meant to say but managed to mangle it! I was trying to say that your DD can enter at 4pm on the party ticket. I’ve edited to avoid confusion.

Are you DVC as well? If so, the 2pm entry has been a perk of ownership over the past few years. Annual pass holders have been allowed in at 4pm on a party ticket (the same as those without an AP).

No, not DVC so it looks like it will be a 4 entry time for us.

Thanks for the response. We'll plan for 4.

thank you for sharing! We have just made the tough decision to cancel our Aug trip and I was worried/wondering about this :(

We plan on attending the party if the parks are open for our September trip. It doesn't appear that military discounted tickets have become available yet. I'm starting to think that discount won't be offered this year for the party and that I should go ahead and buy our tickets now in the event that they limit the amount of party tickets they sell. Anyone else have insight?

We had to cancel our original family trip to A’ulani in June. Husband and I figured we would change our adult trip over Labor Day weekend to DisneyWorld. We intend on it being mostly a resort only trip, but we want to do the Halloween party while there. I went ahead and bought the tickets just in case they do restrict the number of attendees. I just hope the trip gets to happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter