"Official" 2020 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Poor Unfortunate Souls (2020 MNSSHP CANCELLED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping for the opposite! I think the party pass really affected crowd levels (for the worse) last year. But if they do offer the pass, I'm glad it will make someone happy!
I bet the pass really affects crowd levels too, so I loathe it. At the same time, if I were local, I’d be all over that pass! Lol. I see both sides.

I bet the pass really affects crowd levels too, so I loathe it. At the same time, if I were local, I’d be all over that pass! Lol. I see both sides.
The parties are crazy crowded. I doubt the addition of a couple of hundred extra people is truly impacting crowd levels. I would be surprised if the number of guests using a pass really is excessive. I’m sure we will never know for sure

The parties are crazy crowded. I doubt the addition of a couple of hundred extra people is truly impacting crowd levels. I would be surprised if the number of guests using a pass really is excessive.
Everybody who enters contributes to crowd levels. But we have no way of knowing how people who buy the pass to attend regularly plan to use the pass. I know if it were us, we’d plan to attend as many parades as possible, so my family would be contributing to the crowds on Mainstreet or Frontierland for each party we attend.

I’m sure we will never know for sure
Agreed.

Doing a solo trip the third week of October. This will be my first time in WDW during the halloween season. Is it worth it to do two MNSSHP parties so I don't feel rushed? Or can mostly everything be seen/done in one party?

Doing a solo trip the third week of October. This will be my first time in WDW during the halloween season. Is it worth it to do two MNSSHP parties so I don't feel rushed? Or can mostly everything be seen/done in one party?
Depends on how much your into characters. We haven't been able to do any characters because our kids want to trick or treat! Also we do a few rides that have the overlays and get in line for photo ops.

Pick your priorities, plan for one party and see how you feel after the party. Many people feel one party is enough while others enjoy two or more.
Party enjoyment is very weather dependent.

sorry meant days of week, i.e. Mon. Wed. etc....

For the past few years, parties have been on Sun, Tues, Thurs and Friday. The schedule for the first week tend to only have 2 or 3 parties. But after that, they've been following the above schedule.

There can be some minor fluctuations in the event of special circumstances. For instance, in 2020, Halloween falls on a Saturday, which would normally not be a party. That ain't gonna happen this year.

Steve

sorry meant days of week, i.e. Mon. Wed. etc....

I agree with @Fangorn above, but just wanted to note since you're going in early September, Thursdays aren't typically in the rotation until October, or close to it.

The Labor Day weekend Sunday party is typically shifted to Monday.

Other than that, it's "usually" Sunday/Tuesday/Friday rotation in early Sept.

The parties are crazy crowded. I doubt the addition of a couple of hundred extra people is truly impacting crowd levels. I would be surprised if the number of guests using a pass really is excessive. I’m sure we will never know for sure

i think we will know for sure ha ha if Disney offers them again this year then I would say they were successful/busy enough to do it again

What do people plan on doing for dinner that day? Currently I'm thinking of going to the park in the morning for a few hours, heading back to the resort to rest and get our costumes on, then head back to MK around 4 or 5pm. Is it easier to just do a CS dinner in MK? I'm big on having nice sit down dinners (was thinking at a monorail resort) but I don't know if we are allowed to wear costumes to the restaurants outside of MSNNHP.

What do people plan on doing for dinner that day? Currently I'm thinking of going to the park in the morning for a few hours, heading back to the resort to rest and get our costumes on, then head back to MK around 4 or 5pm. Is it easier to just do a CS dinner in MK? I'm big on having nice sit down dinners (was thinking at a monorail resort) but I don't know if we are allowed to wear costumes to the restaurants outside of MSNNHP.

I am personally a fan of a good sit down dinner before MNSSHP. I’ve done too many parties where we never really eat dinner and then just find ourselves hungry all night long (and candy is not a good substitute!).

You can wear costumes outside the park / on the monorail / and the monorail resort restaurants.

I didn’t love my last experience there, but The Wave at CR has been a popular spot for us pre-MNSSHP.

another nice thing about doing a sit down during MNSSHP is that its MUCH easier to get reservations for CRT or BOG. a) because people don't want to waste time during paid even for a one hour meal and b) its on a separate link, so people don't realize they have to go to the halloween party dining link. :) if I can't score CRT or BOG easily on my MNSSHP trip (from Texas) then I'll do one of those places during the party. :)

thinking an early Ohanas. Our costumes most likely will just be tshirts since we are going in august and it will be hot.

I am personally a fan of a good sit down dinner before MNSSHP. I’ve done too many parties where we never really eat dinner and then just find ourselves hungry all night long (and candy is not a good substitute!).

You can wear costumes outside the park / on the monorail / and the monorail resort restaurants.

I didn’t love my last experience there, but The Wave at CR has been a popular spot for us pre-MNSSHP.

Thanks! The Wave was on my list as an option, I don't love the menu, but I've heard so many people rave about it!

another nice thing about doing a sit down during MNSSHP is that its MUCH easier to get reservations for CRT or BOG. a) because people don't want to waste time during paid even for a one hour meal and b) its on a separate link, so people don't realize they have to go to the halloween party dining link. :) if I can't score CRT or BOG easily on my MNSSHP trip (from Texas) then I'll do one of those places during the party. :)

Smart!!! I'll definitely keep this in mind. And I didn't know about the Halloween Party dining link, so that's a good tip!

thinking an early Ohanas. Our costumes most likely will just be tshirts since we are going in august and it will be hot.

I'm not sure what my husband is wearing, but I'm going as Ariel so I will be pretty costumey. But we are going later in October. I definitely wouldn't want to wear my costume in August, so tshirts sound like a very wise choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter