"Official" 2020 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Poor Unfortunate Souls (2020 MNSSHP CANCELLED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what my husband is wearing, but I'm going as Ariel so I will be pretty costumey. But we are going later in October. I definitely wouldn't want to wear my costume in August, so tshirts sound like a very wise choice!
I’m sure you’re aware, but late October can still be REALLY hot. I was at the 10/27 party last year and it was close to 90 and super humid. I felt bad for the people in full costume who were dripping in sweat.

I’m sure you’re aware, but late October can still be REALLY hot. I was at the 10/27 party last year and it was close to 90 and super humid. I felt bad for the people in full costume who were dripping in sweat.

Oh yeah, I know. I'm hoping for slightly cooler than late August though :) If it's too hot, I'll rethink my costume. I live near Disneyland and once went to the Halloween Party in October there and it was 115, I could barely where the simplest of clothing that day, let alone a costume! And a few years ago I was in WDW during late August and it was 110+ for an entire week. It was awful. But if it's 80-90 I'll be okay. I actually prefer the humid heat (I know, I'm weird).

Oh yeah, I know. I'm hoping for slightly cooler than late August though :) If it's too hot, I'll rethink my costume. I live near Disneyland and once went to the Halloween Party in October there and it was 115, I could barely where the simplest of clothing that day, let alone a costume! And a few years ago I was in WDW during late August and it was 110+ for an entire week. It was awful. But if it's 80-90 I'll be okay. I actually prefer the humid heat (I know, I'm weird).
I think I was there 4that same week in August. It was extra hot and humid lol. 2e had a heatwave here in NY and then it followed us to Florida. I changed our fastpasses to nighttime. It was insane.

another nice thing about doing a sit down during MNSSHP is that its MUCH easier to get reservations for CRT or BOG.

We've done CRT, BOG, and LTT. We had the best experience at CRT, which had artful unique desserts to celebrate the season. BOG had no changes, and honestly was a one and done. I could go back to LTT every year. The cast was amazing, they swooned over our costumes, and the food was delicious. Well worth the hour of pre-party time we lost. :)

I am personally a fan of a good sit down dinner before MNSSHP. I’ve done too many parties where we never really eat dinner and then just find ourselves hungry all night long (and candy is not a good substitute!).

You can wear costumes outside the park / on the monorail / and the monorail resort restaurants.

I didn’t love my last experience there, but The Wave at CR has been a popular spot for us pre-MNSSHP.

This! We will eat around 2:30pm @ CP is only doing 1 party. We've done CRT at 2:30pm too. We also do BoG @ 4pm another night if attending 2 parties. Has worked for 5 years.

Just for the fun of it, any guesses as to when we will get the announcement?

Any day now until May. :maleficen
  • 2019 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Tickets went on sale 1/15/19!
  • Disney released Official 2018 MNSSHP Dates early morning of 3/19/18.
  • 2017 Tickets went on sale on May 10th. Tickets went on sale prior to prices being released.
  • 2016 Party Dates were announced on March 23rd with ticket prices posting on May 4th. Tickets on sale date was released on May 4th.
  • 2015 Party Dates were announced on February 25th (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...gdom-special-events-tickets-on-sale-in-april/) and tickets sales began on April 8th.
  • 2014 Party Dates were announced on May 5th.

I agree with @Fangorn above, but just wanted to note since you're going in early September, Thursdays aren't typically in the rotation until October, or close to it.

The Labor Day weekend Sunday party is typically shifted to Monday.

Other than that, it's "usually" Sunday/Tuesday/Friday rotation in early Sept.

TY!! The 7th is my bday and prob not a parks ticket day but a settle in day, then again I guess we could go at 4pm and do a extra day at parks since it includes admission. OR... do it Tuesday our 1st (planned loosely so far lol) park ticket day. Also wanna do MK that day since hope lower crowds on a party day. Still unsure on types of tickets too in general. Hopper or regular. Maybe even the 4 park 4 day ones.... agh decisions. TY again!

Also following this thread. DH and myself will be camping at Ft. Wilderness Sept. 17-20 and thought about doing the MNSSHP IF one of the dates fall during that time frame.

Hi all, most likely heading to WDW 8/30-9/3. Would I have a good shot at their being a party that night? Not sure how the leap year and also the late Labor day would effect this. Any help would be great!

Hi all, most likely heading to WDW 8/30-9/3. Would I have a good shot at their being a party that night? Not sure how the leap year and also the late Labor day would effect this. Any help would be great!

If they follow the same pattern as last year, I would guess that Tuesday, 09/01, has a good shot to be a party night. A travel agent site is predicting this to be a party night.

If they follow the same pattern as last year, I would guess that Tuesday, 09/01, has a good shot to be a party night. A travel agent site is predicting this to be a party night.
Thanks, thats what I was thinking either that Monday 8/31 or 9/1 was what I would guess but based on previous years wasn't sure especially with the leap and late labor day, any idea what the crowd levels might be for this week?

Thanks, thats what I was thinking either that Monday 8/31 or 9/1 was what I would guess but based on previous years wasn't sure especially with the leap and late labor day, any idea what the crowd levels might be for this week?

My guess would be low due to past history. Also, with Labor Day being later, some school districts that usually start after Labor Day are starting before. Just a guess though... :) I think the Monday party will be on Labor Day. Again, just a guess.

Oh no. I didn't realize that. Visiting my in-laws and was hoping to squeeze in one park day. Thought MNSSHP would be perfect given our timing...but it would be the last Thursday in August. Fingers crossed but doesn't sound promising :(

FYI today was my 180 ADR day covering what should be the first party date this year

latest ADR I could book for CP was 2:55 pm.

seemed strange, called in & inquired. CM checked all the MK restaurants on ‘their sheet’. None were accepting reservations starting at 3:00pm

didn’t Book a TS for any of the various party dates we attended last year. the 3 pm cutoff time may not be ‘news’ However, the CM said it was earlier than he recollected too

did say once the party dates/tix available, they will likely open later seatings for confirmed party goers

"The main party events begin at 7 p.m. and end at midnight, but people with event tickets can enter Magic Kingdom as early as 4 p.m.* to enjoy the park in its "regular" state before the party officially kicks off at 7 "

Are we able to book Fast passes for rides during this time?

Well the first 6:00 closing is Thursday August 13. That Saturday and Tuesday are also 6:00 closing. Can’t see hours past the 20th. I’m sure someone has already posted this but sharing just in case.

"The main party events begin at 7 p.m. and end at midnight, but people with event tickets can enter Magic Kingdom as early as 4 p.m.* to enjoy the park in its "regular" state before the party officially kicks off at 7 "

Are we able to book Fast passes for rides during this time?
yes!

Well the first 6:00 closing is Thursday August 13. That Saturday and Tuesday are also 6:00 closing. Can’t see hours past the 20th. I’m sure someone has already posted this but sharing just in case.
That saturday evening is reported to be bought out by snap on tools for private event

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter