"Official" 2020 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Poor Unfortunate Souls (2020 MNSSHP CANCELLED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The main party events begin at 7 p.m. and end at midnight, but people with event tickets can enter Magic Kingdom as early as 4 p.m.* to enjoy the park in its "regular" state before the party officially kicks off at 7 "

Are we able to book Fast passes for rides during this time?
Yes but not during the party time. No fast passes then

Yes but not during the party time. No fast passes then

Thanks for the clarification! The cheapskate in me was trying to sell to the family that instead of going 1 day to MK and a separate night to Mickey's Halloween party lets just do the Micky's Halloween party since the rides will be open and this would save money!

I swear my wife looked at me like that was the stupidest thing I have ever said

Thanks for the clarification! The cheapskate in me was trying to sell to the family that instead of going 1 day to MK and a separate night to Mickey's Halloween party lets just do the Micky's Halloween party since the rides will be open and this would save money!

I swear my wife looked at me like that was the stupidest thing I have ever said
You’re about 15 years too late with that bright idea lol. When the party tix were in approx $60 - $70 many people (especially those who focused on other parks - i.e. Universal & sea world) bought them to “just” ride.

Trying to plan a split-stay trip (USF and Disney) for October.. are there any "given" days of the week for MNSSHP? I would like to stay two nights in Disney on 10/18 and 10/19.. historically speaking, is the party held on Sundays and Mondays? Or does it switch up every year?

Trying to plan a split-stay trip (USF and Disney) for October.. are there any "given" days of the week for MNSSHP? I would like to stay two nights in Disney on 10/18 and 10/19.. historically speaking, is the party held on Sundays and Mondays? Or does it switch up every year?

Based on last year, both of those would be party nights. They seem to add more party dates as we get closer to Halloween. The trend was the same in 2018.

Was this always in the app? Hoping to get something soon....

Attachments

• 6751DE0C-F19B-4712-B8F5-C72AA5621C57.png
    6751DE0C-F19B-4712-B8F5-C72AA5621C57.png
    159.8 KB · Views: 98

Follow up question then, so If I have a hard ticket to the Halloween party and not Magic kingdom for earlier in the day. I can make FP reservations still at the 60 day mark (staying at resort) but obviously it will have to be for the times of Halloween party.

Follow up question then, so If I have a hard ticket to the Halloween party and not Magic kingdom for earlier in the day. I can make FP reservations still at the 60 day mark (staying at resort) but obviously it will have to be for the times of Halloween party.
Yes! 😁

The problem with this is that Disney's system doesn't know that you are trying to use the FP system just for the party, or for the whole day. I, and MANY others, have had issues with that. For example... I have a 4 day ticket that I plan to use Mon, Tues, Weds, (NOT Thurs) and Fri and for Thurs I will use my MNSSHP to get in to park.. If I try and make fast passes Mon-Thurs, the system thinks I'm trying to use my 4th day park ticket for Thursday, so it wouldn't let me make FP for Friday (even though that's going to be my 4th ticketed day.)

Make sense?

In the past when this happens, I've had to call and sit on hold forever and talk to a couple of CMs and they basically give me "complimentary fast passes" since they understand what's going on, but there's nothing they can do about it in the system.

The problem with this is that Disney's system doesn't know that you are trying to use the FP system just for the party, or for the whole day. I, and MANY others, have had issues with that. For example... I have a 4 day ticket that I plan to use Mon, Tues, Weds, (NOT Thurs) and Fri and for Thurs I will use my MNSSHP to get in to park.. If I try and make fast passes Mon-Thurs, the system thinks I'm trying to use my 4th day park ticket for Thursday, so it wouldn't let me make FP for Friday (even though that's going to be my 4th ticketed day.)

Make sense?

In the past when this happens, I've had to call and sit on hold forever and talk to a couple of CMs and they basically give me "complimentary fast passes" since they understand what's going on, but there's nothing they can do about it in the system.
The workaround for this is to always make your actual Park day fast passes first and do the party day last. So in your example, book FP for Mon, Tues, Wed, and Fri. Then go back and do Thursday.

I agree with the previous poster. The customer service agent explained it to me like this -- the system will always uses your regular park tickets first. So if you did you them in order, it would use the regular ticket for Thursday, and then on Friday it would see that the only ticket you have left, MNSSHP, is not valid on Friday.

But I'm concerned about this part of your statement: but obviously it will have to be for the times of Halloween party.

That's a no. There are no FP during the party. You'd have to book them for the period of time you are allowed to enter the park before the party starts.

Watching this thread since I'll be doing another solo trip this year in early Sept - loved this party last time I went on Labor Day and the crowds were super light which was awesome!

The workaround for this is to always make your actual Park day fast passes first and do the party day last. So in your example, book FP for Mon, Tues, Wed, and Fri. Then go back and do Thursday.

Will the system not cancel your last day of fast passes on Friday? Wasn’t this an issue at one time?

Will the system not cancel your last day of fast passes on Friday? Wasn’t this an issue at one time?
yes! it definitely was. to the best of my knowledge, there was no real automatic way to fix my FASTPASS issues. i had to call and explain to a CM what was going on, and they made complimentary fast passes for me on the phone. but the issue there, is you just have to take whatever they have available at that moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!