Official 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend - CANCELED

sad times...i was allllll ready for this race, even had special shirts and hockey sweater made... sigh, they came in today
I think I'm going to binge watch The Mandalorian on the day the 10K would have taken place. It will be a different kind of fun Star Wars endurance event. Maybe go for one of the trilogies on the day the half would have taken place.

I think I'm going to binge watch The Mandalorian on the day the 10K would have taken place. It will be a different kind of fun Star Wars endurance event. Maybe go for one of the trilogies on the day the half would have taken place.
I'm gonna virtually run the 10k and hopefully the Half. It is sad I can't do it in person, even delayed a handful of months, so virtual for now and then hopefully we all survive this and do the races in 2021. Stay safe everyone.

Anyone got refund for race fee yet?

Just checked 14 day forecast. Looked like it was going to be hot days leading up to weekend

No refund here yet.

ETA: scratch that - just got two emails saying my refunds (for challenge and 5K) were issued!
OK so you get a email telling you when you get a refuund. I will keep a eye a out. I swap credit cards to get frequent-flyer points so my trip was Booked on 3 different cards which 2 are now cancelled. Its making refunds hader to keep track off

I got a email for a partial refund. I was registered for the Kessel Run Challenge and they ARE keeping the $59 so I’m assuming they will be sending out the virtual medal. I have not received a refund yet for any of the commemorative items I also purchased at the same time though.

I got a email for a partial refund. I was registered for the Kessel Run Challenge and they ARE keeping the $59 so I’m assuming they will be sending out the virtual medal. I have not received a refund yet for any of the commemorative items I also purchased at the same time though.

I also got an email for a Kessel Run Challenge partial refund but it’s short twice the amount of the Virtual Run. Also no mention of commemorative items and Magic Band which were all separate purchases.

Edited to add...I purchased the Magic Band with the registration and added commemorative items in a second transaction. So my refund would be correct for registration only assuming they’re withholding $69 for the Virtual. Just missing items purchased now.

Last edited:

I have the same situation. Registered for Rival Run plus Kessel Challenge and received a partial refund with $59 withheld for the virtual race, as they said they would.

Registered for Kessel + challenge but nothing here yet. I’ll keep an eye out now, thanks for posting.

Just got 2 emails from rundisney about refunds for me and my son for 10k and 21k races.
Good part for me is aussie dollar has dropped 15% so will get back more then I payed

Emails arrived this morning with my Challenge and merchandise cancellations.

Last edited:
I have the same situation. Registered for Rival Run plus Kessel Challenge and received a partial refund with $59 withheld for the virtual race, as they said they would.

Turns out the people who registered for the race with TRAVEL AGENTS got the FULL refund (including the $59) and hence had to separately sign up for the Virtual Half if they wanted the medal. I wish Disney and my Travel Agent made that clear - I would double check with your travel agents as well, just in case this was not across the board for all agents.

God help me, but given the cancellation and my desire to get back to DW or DL at some point in the next year... I'm thinking about doing the Dopey Challenge? Why not.

(Unless for some reason they decide to do SW races in DL next January, in which case all bets are off)

God help me, but given the cancellation and my desire to get back to DW or DL at some point in the next year... I'm thinking about doing the Dopey Challenge? Why not.
With W&D probably being cancelled too I’m fixing to just sign up for the next weekend available (well aside from Princess as I’m committed to a weekend the same one and am already talking myself into doing a 15k/half challenge instead of just the half which would be my first half)

With W&D probably being cancelled too I’m fixing to just sign up for the next weekend available (well aside from Princess as I’m committed to a weekend the same one and am already talking myself into doing a 15k/half challenge instead of just the half which would be my first half)

I think it’s too early to be giving up on W&D 7 months out. My guess is that if the parks are open, W&D will go on as planned. If the parks aren’t open by then, we’ve got a lot bigger worries. Not saying it couldn’t be cancelled, eventually, but there’s a lot more to learn about living with this virus before we get there.

I think it’s too early to be giving up on W&D 7 months out. My guess is that if the parks are open, W&D will go on as planned. If the parks aren’t open by then, we’ve got a lot bigger worries. Not saying it couldn’t be cancelled, eventually, but there’s a lot more to learn about living with this virus before we get there.

Agreeed. Disney is going to want events like rundisney to get people into the parks after this is over. in fact, I'm hoping that this might help bring back alaheim races in 2021. Disney is going to need all the incentives they can do after this is over.

I just posted this in the other thread about MW2021 registration. IMO, large gatherings like big races (runDisney) and other sporting events/concerts and even the theme parks are going to be the last things to return to "normal" and may not come back until there is a vaccine. We are only flattening the curve now. Not eliminating anything. When people start going back out and smaller businesses start to re-open, the number of cases will go back up and we will be right back where we were in March and we will need to isolate again. Disney is a virtual petri dish with people from all over the world gathering in one place. I am, of course hopeful, but I highly doubt Wine and Dine will happen. Marathon Weekend and the opening of the theme parks will depend on whether they get a working vaccine fast tracked and able to be distributed to everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter