Official 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend - CANCELED

Are people getting any sort of notification before receiving their medals, like an email from runDisney saying it's been shipped? Still waiting for mine....
Just posted this earlier today, and then this afternoon mine arrived! (BTW, mine came via USPS, although others have mentioned receiving theirs via FedEx.)

I was signed up for the Rival Run Challenge, and this would have been my first Star Wars run.

I ran the 10k today, in 52:59. In true rundisney fashion, lots of weaving occurred to ensure 6 ft of distance from all walkers on course. Even began my run at 5:30, though I chose to start in the PM rather than the AM. Not waking up that early to run on a weekend without the medal at the end!

Are people getting any sort of notification before receiving their medals, like an email from runDisney saying it's been shipped? Still waiting for mine....
if you sign up for the FedEx app, you will get notifications of shipments to your house... the notification woll be from "HALO BRANDED SOLUTIONS".

For some reason I have 3 such deliveries coming... 1 came, 1 is supposed to be delivered and a 3rd is still being processed.... not sure if i truly will get 3 medals, will know better tonight if 2nd shipment arrives

2nd box came in... initially i thought it was the kessel run medal but instead i got the same chewie medal and a chewie pin

so now im confused... was I supposed to get the kessel run medal as a second medal because the box says kessel run... sigh.. even says 5 years running on side of blue box so i thought it was the new kessel medal
20200418_214354.jpg

I ran the 10k today, in 52:59. In true rundisney fashion, lots of weaving occurred to ensure 6 ft of distance from all walkers on course. Even began my run at 5:30, though I chose to start in the PM rather than the AM. Not waking up that early to run on a weekend without the medal at the end!

So did I! lol PM way easier than AM. Congrats on your result :)

so now im confused... was I supposed to get the kessel run medal as a second medal because the box says kessel run... sigh.. even says 5 years running on side of blue box so i thought it was the new kessel medal

No, its right the way it is. My box from last year said Kessel Run challenge on it and it had the R2D2 virtual medal in it. You had signed up separately for the virtual too right? That's why you got two different boxes. :)

So did I! lol PM way easier than AM. Congrats on your result :)

No, its right the way it is. My box from last year said Kessel Run challenge on it and it had the R2D2 virtual medal in it. You had signed up separately for the virtual too right? That's why you got two different boxes. :)
i signed up for full kessel challenge with virtual together through travel agent. then agent told me that disney could not subtract $59 fee so they would refund the full amount and i would not get virtual medal... while others who did not use travel agent still would.... so she told me i had to sign up for virtual only if i wanted medal... so i did.

and i can confirm i did not get charged twice.... i got my original amount back in full and only was charged for the separate virtual run

and i can confirm i did not get charged twice.... i got my original amount back in full and only was charged for the separate virtual run

Right. I thought that was you. Well, after all that I'm glad you actually got your medal and didn't get charged twice in the end. Though it will be interesting to see what's in that third box! ;)

Right. I thought that was you. Well, after all that I'm glad you actually got your medal and didn't get charged twice in the end. Though it will be interesting to see what's in that third box! ;)
yeah, assuming it even ships... looks like it is pending so not even shipped... probably wont

I was signed up for the Challenge, and my Virtual Medal showed up along with the Chewy Replica Pin in that Blue Kessel box via FedEx, no refund yet though?

I also ran the half today around my neighborhood! My very first half marathon ever. Finished just under the 2:45 goal I set for myself, and wore my Darth Vader t-shirt, so I’m feeling proud :)

Side note: good GOD my legs hurt! Our original plan was to chill at Epcot post-race, take a nap and then use our Fast Passes at HS and I honestly can’t imagine moving an inch from this couch, let alone walking all over the parks, so blessing in disguise I guess!

I also ran the half today around my neighborhood! My very first half marathon ever. Finished just under the 2:45 goal I set for myself, and wore my Darth Vader t-shirt, so I’m feeling proud :)

Side note: good GOD my legs hurt! Our original plan was to chill at Epcot post-race, take a nap and then use our Fast Passes at HS and I honestly can’t imagine moving an inch from this couch, let alone walking all over the parks, so blessing in disguise I guess!
So... I would suggest getting up and walking around. Maybe take another walk through your neighborhood. It will help with your recovery!
And congratulations on running your first half marathon!!

So... I would suggest getting up and walking around. Maybe take another walk through your neighborhood. It will help with your recovery!
And congratulations on running your first half marathon!!

Congratulations and I’ll second @MissLiss279s suggestion. It may not feel like it, but light walking and moving around is what you should be doing right now. Active recovery will keep blood flowing to those sore muscles, speeding the flushing and recovery process. If you have calf compression sleeves, now is a good time to wear them, as well.

Awesome job on the first half!
I remember mine, Wine and Dine 2017, had to almost crawl off the bus. I got my post race party wrist band, planned on Epcot all night , had half a beer on the hotel balcony and went to bed instead.

So when is the next one?

Officially finished the challenge! I was originally only doing the half, but I ended up doing all three distances this weekend. I walked the 10K with my sister and ran half/walked half of the half marathon today but I'm still just happy to have gotten the miles in. First time I've ever done 22.4 in one weekend and now I'm itching for a chance to try it for real down at Disney for a race weekend sometime.

Now just to wait for my Virtual Half medal to show up next week!

We are in the exact same boat, except I missed the 2:45 goal by a few minutes and I was in my Mandalorian shirt. Due to severe weather risk I did mine yesterday. Just like you I was very suprised how much my legs hurt and wondered what I ws thinking that I could do a park day after that. I had kept up the training and done 12 miles recently but that last 1.1 mile put me over the edge I guess. The good news is I did keep moving around yesterday and today I feel back to normal.

Challenge complete.
10k: 52:59
HM: 1:57:27

Random run thoughts while doing the HM today:
-Even more than the music and character stops, I missed the water stops.
-Chim Chim Cher-ee is a surprisingly under-rated running song
-There was one lady who kept glaring at me every time I passed her despite the fact that I always crossed to the opposite side of the street. I'm not quite sure why, but if it was because I wasn't wearing a mask I felt like telling her "Lady, I am not Eliud Kipchoge, I CAN NOT run this pace when sick."

Now time to eat all the food and watch the Disney on Broadway 25th Anniversary livestream.

Challenge complete.
10k: 52:59
HM: 1:57:27

Random run thoughts while doing the HM today:
-Even more than the music and character stops, I missed the water stops.
-Chim Chim Cher-ee is a surprisingly under-rated running song
-There was one lady who kept glaring at me every time I passed her despite the fact that I always crossed to the opposite side of the street. I'm not quite sure why, but if it was because I wasn't wearing a mask I felt like telling her "Lady, I am not Eliud Kipchoge, I CAN NOT run this pace when sick."

Now time to eat all the food and watch the Disney on Broadway 25th Anniversary livestream.

Can I add a random thought from my half today?

- D*mn my neighborhood streets are WAY hillier than Disney!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter