Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

You can show the ap anytime while you are staying at the hotel

many don’t activate the ap until after it has been used to enter the parks

you will not have any problems keeping the ap booked hotel rate

What is going on Dec 14-15?!? Hard Rock is sold out and the only rooms available at RP and PB are the expensive suites that are $1,000+ per night. Definitely can’t afford those! I really thought Universal wouldn’t be so busy those days 😭

Orlando Informer Meetup are those days, hotels booked fast. Event is sold out.

Ugh!! Isn’t that event in the evening? How bad will days at the parks be? We are used to staying at RP but will probably end up at Cabana Bay. Will we be ok without express passes?

I don't think crowds will be super bad, just expect the parks to close early those days for the event.

I'm I crazy? We have never been to Universal. 2 adults plus kids at 11 and 8.
We are going Jan 4-11. Flight prices mandate it. Up at 3am for arrival flight. Two options for my price point of around $2700 (with 5 day, 3 parks with park to park):
a) Rosin Inn Sat-Sun. Hard Rock Sun-Thur. Endless Summer Thur-Sat. Buying 1 passholder.
b) Endless Sat-Wed and Royal Wed-Sat. No options for Passholder.

No plans to attend the parks on Saturday either way. I am thinking (a) to have Express for the last Christmas day on Sunday would be very helpful . Touringplans has it as an 8/10. Going 4 days to the parks plus Volcano if warm enough.
We have done three split stays at Disney once but over 11 nights. It was manageable but 7?

We have done three split stays at Disney once but over 11 nights. It was manageable but 7?

I can't answer to the 'manageable' but I'm doing something similar as option a. CB 11/14-17, HRH 11/17-20, SF 11/20-22. Hrh is too expensive for when we first arrive (leading into the weekend) and we're going to KSC 11/21 and driving home 11/22, so no point paying for deluxe. It's not my dream vacation plan, but I have a budget and making it work best. If you've done split stays before, you'll have experience not planning on having access to a room in the middle of the day, and how to handle your packing accordingly.

We are going Jan 4-11. Flight prices mandate it. Up at 3am for arrival flight. Two options for my price point of around $2700 (with 5 day, 3 parks with park to park):
a) Rosin Inn Sat-Sun. Hard Rock Sun-Thur. Endless Summer Thur-Sat. Buying 1 passholder.

No plans to attend the parks on Saturday either way. I am thinking (a) to have Express for the last Christmas day on Sunday would be very helpful . Touringplans has it as an 8/10. Going 4 days to the parks plus Volcano if warm enough.

your post is confusing, you visiting in January or over Christmas?

As a first time visitor to U, an EP on any holiday is essential. I wouldn’t want to move more than once in a 5 day trip, period.

Do the onsite hotel w/FOTL first...2 nights gives you 3 days of FOTL (including your checkout day).

Many here give great reviews to doubletree & drury inn in the general area.

your post is confusing, you visiting in January or over Christmas?

As a first time visitor to U, an EP on any holiday is essential. I wouldn’t want to move more than once in a 5 day trip, period.

Do the onsite hotel w/FOTL first...2 nights gives you 3 days of FOTL (including your checkout day).

Many here give great reviews to doubletree & drury inn in the general area.

Thanks. I meant that Sunday January 5 is the last day that Universal Orlando is doing Christmas related events.

For a 5-day, I would probably skip EP altogether and stay at one hotel. Yes, your first day may be busy, but use that day to get your bearings, do the Christmas stuff, maybe a show or two, and hit up any low wait rides that you come across.

We did a split stay (one night at HRH and then move to CB) in September and it was NOT worth it. First off, you are homeless for a good part of the day (between check-out at one hotel and check-in at the next). And if you don't have a car, transportation and checking bags at bell services just take up too much time IMHO.

If you think that you want to do Volcano Bay, you might want to consider Cabana Bay instead of Endless Summer. The location is so much more convenient to VB and the food choices are better.

I’ve done several 5 day split stays, usually 2 nights at an EP resort and 3 at CB. Not really difficult, on check out mornings leave bags with bell services, go to a park for a while (no need to rush out early in the AM if have EP), go back and collect bags and grab a ride over to the other place. There are cars out front that will transport you between resorts for $10 plus tip. My rooms at CB have always been ready for me, even when I have arrived at 11 AM.

I have also done many 4-5 day stays at CB also which are just fine!

HRH has a pass holder rate from Weds-Sat those dates.

My rooms at CB have always been ready for me, even when I have arrived at 11 AM.
Lucky you. I expected the same, wanted to be settled in well before heading to HHN but it didn’t quite work out on recent trip. Was our first visit to CB coming in on a Wednesday, the last week of September, for 4 nights.

They noted at check in that their system indicated I was a a Loews “VIP guest”, which equated to a thank you for visiting their property:). While the you first program is sadly no more, the other hotels have since typically offered a much appreciated upgrade to a garden or pool view room. There we found ourselves in the same class room we booked (no problem) & it was not available until nearly 4 pm (wasn’t happy to have to rush to get into the park for stay & scream).

it was not available until nearly 4 pm (wasn’t happy to have to rush to get into the park for stay & scream).

We never seem to have a problem getting an early check-in at Cabana Bay. I think 1 p.m. was the latest we've ever received a room and have had rooms available at early as 10 a.m. However, at HRH, it was very close to 4 p.m. before our room was ready. And I suspect it was only ready at that point because we showed up back at the hotel and checked since we were having issues with receiving their texts.

But it is important to plan for 5 hours of "homelessness" when switching hotels. If you get less, you are lucky.

Can I just say that Universal is driving me CRAZY waiting for the next set of dates to be released? I have a trip planned from 2/20-2/25 and right now the rates are outrageous ($202 per night for a Cabana Bay standard). At that price, I'm going to wind up going off-site, which isn't ideal, but if it is the case, I just want to know. Come on, Universal, work with me!

Okay, whine over!

Can I just say that Universal is driving me CRAZY waiting for the next set of dates to be released? I have a trip planned from 2/20-2/25 and right now the rates are outrageous ($202 per night for a Cabana Bay standard). At that price, I'm going to wind up going off-site, which isn't ideal, but if it is the case, I just want to know. Come on, Universal, work with me!

Okay, whine over!

Mardi Gras day is 2/25 and lots of schools have that entire week off (2/24-2/28). Could be the reason why CB has an inflated cost and why there's no real published discounts.

Mardi Gras day is 2/25 and lots of schools have that entire week off (2/24-2/28). Could be the reason why CB has an inflated cost and why there's no real published discounts.

Are you talking those areas that don’t observe the traditional long summer break? President’s day is 2/17, many schools in north have a long weekend off

There’s also a race at WDW 2/20-2/23. I’ve observed a noticeable spike in U attendance around those periods when we’ve visited. Rates never really seemed to be much different @ U for those periods i’ve Checked in the past

WDW hotels are definitely more expensive then and parks crowded. If we find a preselected week of vacation that coincides with a race, we deliberately will Schedule the U portion of our trip to avoid the race days.

FYI U has their inaugural (i think) 5 & 10K races 2/1 & 2/2. Going to guess APH rates will be in short supply.

The current batch of APH rates end on 2/13. So it isn't just this week that is missing. In fact, the popularity of the week is why I am checking for the release on a daily basis.

There’s also a race at WDW 2/20-2/23. I’ve observed a noticeable spike in U attendance around those periods when we’ve visited. Rates never really seemed to be much different @ U for those periods i’ve Checked in the past

Yep, the Disney race is why I'm going to there. I am running on Saturday and Sunday, but our loyalty (and money) is otherwise with Universal for the trip.

Lucky you. I expected the same, wanted to be settled in well before heading to HHN but it didn’t quite work out on recent trip. Was our first visit to CB coming in on a Wednesday, the last week of September, for 4 nights.

They noted at check in that their system indicated I was a a Loews “VIP guest”, which equated to a thank you for visiting their property:). While the you first program is sadly no more, the other hotels have since typically offered a much appreciated upgrade to a garden or pool view room. There we found ourselves in the same class room we booked (no problem) & it was not available until nearly 4 pm (wasn’t happy to have to rush to get into the park for stay & scream).

I wonder if that is because Cabana Bay never participated in the "Youfirst" rewards system since it wasn't officially a Loews hotel but just a Universal Hotel? We did receive our fruit basket last time we were at Portofino and I was surprised by that.

I wonder if that is because Cabana Bay never participated in the "Youfirst" rewards system since it wasn't officially a Loews hotel but just a Universal Hotel? We did receive our fruit basket last time we were at Portofino and I was surprised by that.
Not sure, good point though. After the program ended we did receive a smaller fruit basket @ all RP & PB (both times upgraded from standard room). Recent HR stay in Oct, we enjoyed a complimentary upgrade to GV but no food goodies. This was our first trip back in years since their stays didn’t qualify for the youfirst program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!