Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

And I just checked for my dates, and the rates actually went up because garden view isn't available anymore. Moral of the story... don't wait to think about it... Grab your dates; you can always cancel.

And I just checked for my dates, and the rates actually went up because garden view isn't available anymore. Moral of the story... don't wait to think about it... Grab your dates; you can always cancel.
Yep same. Glad I didnt hesitate.

Ooops, that was probably me since after I changed to the garden view they didn't show that rate anymore. :confused3

Keep checking, the price of the Portifino just went down to the same price as HR for my March trip so swapped to it since we love it so much. However the prices at HR have gone up over the last week so they are constantly changing so you need to check daily to get the best deal. Last year I got a better rate for our Spring Break trip 1 week out.

This is probably dumb but I want to make sure I understand.

Even if I have already booked hotels at an AP rate, those rates could still go down? And if they do, then should I just call the Universal hotel line and ask them to decrease my rate as well? Or do you have to actually rebook the whole thing?

We definitely have the AP bug. We visited last week, January 19 through the 22. We are annual Disney visitors but decided to try Universal this year for my Harry Potter obsessed seven year old. I had originally bought four day tickets from Undercover Tourist and booked two nights at Endless Summer followed by one night at Royal Pacific. On Saturday the 18th we visited Disney Springs and found it to be PACKED so I panicked and wanted to change my second night at Endless Summer to Royal Pacific to add another day of Express Pass, especially as that extra day was going to be the MLK day holiday. When I called, the guy on the phone asked if I had an AP and I said no but that I thought I could upgrade our tickets for just a little money. He told me to do it and it would save $100 a night on the RPR rate so I told him we'd do that. He could not "add" that night but booked a separate reservation and made a big deal that we would probably be "homeless" between check out and check in but this wasn't a big deal because we had our car and could just leave our stuff in it while we were in the parks. Then when I tried to change the Endless Summer down to one night, it wasn't available. BUT he got us into Cabana Bay for one night at a cheaper AP rate than what we had already booked at Endless Summer. So on Sunday, our first day in the park, we used our tickets to get in, then went to Guest Services back by Men in Black. The line out front was really long but there was NO line back there. When I upgraded to Seasonal APs he refunded me $70, on the credit card that I bought the tickets on, even though I bought them from Undercover Tourist. I about died. With this one move I had saved over $300. THEN when we checked into RPR on Monday morning, they were able to link the two reservations and we didn't have to move after all. We could have if we'd had to but it was nice that we didn't. Sorry for the rambling story but I had to share that with somebody! The whole thing left me totally amazed.

So now we have these APs burning a hole in our pockets and I'm thinking of taking DD back in mid June for her birthday but it would be tough for us to swing that if we don't get good rates, as we've already been once this year.

Should I go ahead and book before the rates come out then keep an eye on things? If that happens can I just call and have the AP rate added? THEN if the rate drops again can I do the same thing? I was so pleased with how things worked out but I'd rather do it without all the uncertainty once we were already in Orlando that we had this time.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Even if I have already booked hotels at an AP rate, those rates could still go down? And if they do, then should I just call the Universal hotel line and ask them to decrease my rate as well? Or do you have to actually rebook the whole thing?

We definitely have the AP bug. We visited last week, January 19 through the 22. We are annual Disney visitors but decided to try Universal this year for my Harry Potter obsessed seven year old. I had originally bought four day tickets from Undercover Tourist and booked two nights at Endless Summer followed by one night at Royal Pacific. On Saturday the 18th we visited Disney Springs and found it to be PACKED so I panicked and wanted to change my second night at Endless Summer to Royal Pacific to add another day of Express Pass, especially as that extra day was going to be the MLK day holiday. When I called, the guy on the phone asked if I had an AP and I said no but that I thought I could upgrade our tickets for just a little money. He told me to do it and it would save $100 a night on the RPR rate so I told him we'd do that. He could not "add" that night but booked a separate reservation and made a big deal that we would probably be "homeless" between check out and check in but this wasn't a big deal because we had our car and could just leave our stuff in it while we were in the parks. Then when I tried to change the Endless Summer down to one night, it wasn't available. BUT he got us into Cabana Bay for one night at a cheaper AP rate than what we had already booked at Endless Summer. So on Sunday, our first day in the park, we used our tickets to get in, then went to Guest Services back by Men in Black. The line out front was really long but there was NO line back there. When I upgraded to Seasonal APs he refunded me $70, on the credit card that I bought the tickets on, even though I bought them from Undercover Tourist. I about died. With this one move I had saved over $300. THEN when we checked into RPR on Monday morning, they were able to link the two reservations and we didn't have to move after all. We could have if we'd had to but it was nice that we didn't. Sorry for the rambling story but I had to share that with somebody! The whole thing left me totally amazed.

So now we have these APs burning a hole in our pockets and I'm thinking of taking DD back in mid June for her birthday but it would be tough for us to swing that if we don't get good rates, as we've already been once this year.

Should I go ahead and book before the rates come out then keep an eye on things? If that happens can I just call and have the AP rate added? THEN if the rate drops again can I do the same thing? I was so pleased with how things worked out but I'd rather do it without all the uncertainty once we were already in Orlando that we had this time.

I can't answer all your questions because I use a TA friend to book the hotel (more to help her out). Anyhow, last year we booked Stay More, Save More. I notified the TA when APH rates dropped but we could only get a Bay View room at Portofino at that rate (which was still cheaper than Stay More, Save More). Anyhow, I kept watching and snagged an APH rate standard room. For us, it wasn't that the price went down, just that a standard room became available.

ETA: Looking at my emails to the TA, our reservation number didn't change and nothing about our deposit changed, so it doesn't look like a cancel and rebook but rather a modification of the original reservation.

Also going to add that, this year, I was able to change a SMSM rate to an APH Bay View again. The prices have not gone down and there really has been limited availability for the Deluxe resorts (I am going a more crowded week this year). Just to let you know that you might not save $100 a night every time especially if you book early and get SMSM in the first place.

I have the same question, I have an AP rate booked at PBH, I did change the room view type to garden after that went down by $40 a night (I had Bay view before and garden wasn't even available at the time I booked) but I have been keeping an eye out. There's basically NOTHING left though that week (Presidents Week). So it's really just a pipe dream that I will find a chance to switch views back lol.

Absolutely! Once I've booked my hotel, I check my rates daily. I've had my room (Cabana Bay suite) go down $25-40 per night. If you are staying at the same hotel and call, they will adjust the rate and you will be credited what you overpaid on your deposit on your final bill (i.e. if the room goes from $160 per night to $150 per night, you will get that $10 added to your final bill). Or you can cancel and rebook it if you just want to do it yourself on-line. But then you will get your original deposit back and have another charge. If you are switching hotels, you have to cancel one and rebook the new one.

Should I go ahead and book before the rates come out then keep an eye on things? If that happens can I just call and have the AP rate added? THEN if the rate drops again can I do the same thing?

If you find a room rate that you can live with, go ahead and book it. That way you know that you have a room. If you can get a discount later, great!

I have the same question, I have an AP rate booked at PBH, I did change the room view type to garden after that went down by $40 a night (I had Bay view before and garden wasn't even available at the time I booked) but I have been keeping an eye out. There's basically NOTHING left though that week (Presidents Week). So it's really just a pipe dream that I will find a chance to switch views back lol.
Ha ha We are going President's Week as well. I never found a standard room, man, I was checking nearly everyday, must have been a day I missed.

Ha ha We are going President's Week as well. I never found a standard room, man, I was checking nearly everyday, must have been a day I missed.
I booked it as bay view on the day we got back from Disney World lol (December 28th). I wasn't expecting AP rates for another couple of weeks but my in-laws live in FL and we are visiting them in Feb (got 18 month APs last Feb visit) so they were going to book with the Florida rate for us, and I went to check and voila. Then I downgraded to the garden view a few weeks later. Went from $354/night to $314 so was worth the downgrade. They went SUPER fast. Like after I booked, there were maybe King rooms left at RPR and PBR and then they were gone a week later.

Some last minute price drops. I checked out of habit this morning for my Feb 3rd stay (I'm also looking for May but my Feb dates automatically pop up). Saw RPR for $206 and Portofino for $244! If that had happened earlier I may have switched or done a split stay; too late for me now.

I just booked a one night stay at HRH for Feb 13th. Their cheapest room was club level for $344. I could have booked RPR for less but we already stayed there last year and I wanted to try a different hotel. I hope we aren't too disappointed in their club level. I'm going to keep looking though to make sure PBR doesn't open up some of their cheaper rooms.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! It's been forever since I've posted here. Please forgive me if this is a dumb question - but how early do you start looking for onsale APH rates? I have a trip coming in September but I never seem to see the APH rate posted when I look.

Thanks in advance!

Last year rates for the fall came out around the beginning of June. Start checking the middle of May at least once a day. The APH rates can come out late morning and not all hotels at once.

Can anyone tell me where to put in APH when checking prices? Since Universal changed their website, I can't find anywhere to put APH.

Go to Universalorlando.com
click menu lines top right
scroll down to annual passholders Make sure Florida resident yes no is correct
click hotels and package
click start booking at any hotel
next screen will have all their hotels when you choose dates and hotel it will give you the AP rates or tell you it s not available.
bookmark

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!