*****Official April 2020 thread*****

Great news for April peeps! They changed the DHS FP tiering overnight! Smugglers Run & Slinky are Tier 1... everything else Tier 2!!! Will be interested to see what they do for MMRR! Probably Tier 1.
Really? Thanks for posting. I haven't been paying any attention to MFSR because I was reading how RotR experiences were going, and just assumed a standby. I should go check out the latest.

Really? Thanks for posting. I haven't been paying any attention to MFSR because I was reading how RotR experiences were going, and just assumed a standby. I should go check out the latest.

I believe the first available day for this new Tiering structure is Feb 19. So glad we are all going in April!

I believe the first available day for this new Tiering structure is Feb 19. So glad we are all going in April!
See, this is why we (well I, can't speak for anyone else) check the boards for planning! I would go into FP booking with a plan then get sidetracked seeing MFSR pop up while booking FPs, and need a quick plan change! And then there is still the MMRR, wondering how that will play out on opening March 4th!

Great news for April peeps! They changed the DHS FP tiering overnight! Smugglers Run & Slinky are Tier 1... everything else Tier 2!!! Will be interested to see what they do for MMRR! Probably Tier 1.

I was just coming on here to post that! DS1's GF, who is a CM, texted me yesterday to tell me. The date she gave was "after Feb. 15" for booking FP for SR. This trip is going to be so confusing. We're more used to one park a day, and then hopping to another later if there's EMH or if we finish what we want to do for the day. I have a feeling we'll be hitting DHS early every day just to try to get in the new attractions and then spending the rest of the day at another park. I am soooo glad I booked YC so we can walk, boat, or even take the skyway as transportation options.

Speaking of CM's, did everyone know that they didn't do a CM preview for RotR? They're also not letting CM's in to DHS on their days off. So DS1's GF hasn't even ridden yet. Some CM's have been able to use their own comp. pass that they'd normally give to friends or family to get it, but she tried and wasn't allowed. DH said they should do some nights where CM's are allowed to ride after normal park closing.

I see that local annual passport levels gold and silver are blocked for half of April. For my trip arriving 15th they are blocked out till Sunday 18th. Do you think crowds will be down for first few days of my trip?

Just booked a trip last minute arriving April 8th-11th Yacht Club And then moving over to Hard Rock Hotel Universal for 2 nights. This is my 2nd Disney trip and first time at Yacht Club. We are Club level since it was last minute so I bought the extra Fastpasses so we could book them early because I was afraid not to get our favorite ride FOP since it’s a short stay. We are now riding it twice! Of course I have no ADRs to speak of because we are late to the game but I have a lot of alerts set!

I see that local annual passport levels gold and silver are blocked for half of April. For my trip arriving 15th they are blocked out till Sunday 18th. Do you think crowds will be down for first few days of my trip?

Crowd calendars look good, but who knows. I am there the 13-18

ETA: My understanding is that it starts dropping off pretty quickly after Easter Monday, for what it's worth...

Last edited:
I think I'm going to be switching up my plans for which park to visit which days. I had planned HS last for FP+ but I don't want to risk not getting a RotR boarding pass that day. So now I'm splitting it over two days I think. I was able to get a Fantasmic dinner package for 9 at the time and restaurant I wanted on a different day today. Hopefully that still being available means low crowds.

Just booked April for 20th anniversary trip. Yacht Club club level, why not splurge. Spouse deserves this after putting up with me...ha

Just booked April for 20th anniversary trip. Yacht Club club level, why not splurge. Spouse deserves this after putting up with me...ha
When in April? we will be at Yacht Club club level the week before Easter.

How many days do you have planned for HS? I am planning two, is anyone planning three? I'm debating that right now either doing three HS and one AK, or two days each. I don't know if AK I feel like going back to, but maybe with a park hopper if we feel like going back for one or two things. It seems harder to say that or be able to do that for HS.

How many days do you have planned for HS? I am planning two, is anyone planning three? I'm debating that right now either doing three HS and one AK, or two days each. I don't know if AK I feel like going back to, but maybe with a park hopper if we feel like going back for one or two things. It seems harder to say that or be able to do that for HS.
Because of the ROR breakdowns? My philosophy is only using 1 day (but we only have 3 park days.) If we make it on the ride our HS days then fine otherwise I'll get it next time. My husband and son are not about lines etc and all about the FP so it's not going to break our heart not to ride it this time.

I've got two mornings planned to try for boarding groups for ROTR.

How does this sound for a plan:
Day 1: Drive over from Universal. MK followed by dinner at Epcot. Go to resort after dinner.
Day 2: HS for boarding groups then hop to Epcot. Hop back to HS for dinner and Fantasmic.
Day 3: Break day with going out with just my husband to HS at night.
Day 4: Try for a boarding group and stay in HS. Hop to AK at some point. We may skip AK depending on things.
Day 5: Magic Kingdom all day followed by dinner at Epcot. May hop back if there is more the kids want to do at MK.

I had to rearrange everything between boarding groups and Smugglers Run Fastpasses. I hope this new plan works.

We are now going with three days at HS. We have six day park hoppers and a MK DAH night (so 7 total park days). Was going to do two at HS, and two AK, instead doing three and one on those, Epcot one and MK one plus DAH, and mixing in park hopping.
Epcot-1
MK-2
AK-1
HS-3

Park hop sometimes in the evening if we feel up to it at Epcot and AK again for certain to catch a couple rides in particular (FEA, Test Track (and I want to see a few of the Epcot movies), in AK the kids want to do Dinosaur and Primeval Whirl again (Avatar maybe again right before closing), maybe MK also at night we'll see how we feel while there on the park hopping.

I think this is more of a MK/HS trip after all for us. We mostly have spent time in MK previous trips, so this is a switch.

I also ditched quite a few dining reservations, especially after pricing them out for four adult prices- character breakfasts, gone.

We are doing 3, but one will be a half to 2/3 day depending on when we can get on RoTR. We are really big Star Wars fans and are devoting the first day of our trip to building lightsabers and droids, doing Oga's and getting in the 2 rides and just soaking it all up. Second HS day will be split between Galaxy's Edge and doing the rest of the park, and the third is our last day. We will do Galaxy's Edge in the morning, plus a few fp's then head back to AKL to rest be for Villains After Hours. Hoping for an early boarding group this day so we can be gone by 1-2pm.

planning one full day and starting another day there to get on the rides we want with FP+; will then hop to another park on the 2nd day.

We are now going with three days at HS. We have six day park hoppers and a MK DAH night (so 7 total park days). Was going to do two at HS, and two AK, instead doing three and one on those, Epcot one and MK one plus DAH, and mixing in park hopping.
Epcot-1
MK-2
AK-1
HS-3

Park hop sometimes in the evening if we feel up to it at Epcot and AK again for certain to catch a couple rides in particular (FEA, Test Track (and I want to see a few of the Epcot movies), in AK the kids want to do Dinosaur and Primeval Whirl again (Avatar maybe again right before closing), maybe MK also at night we'll see how we feel while there on the park hopping.

I think this is more of a MK/HS trip after all for us. We mostly have spent time in MK previous trips, so this is a switch.

I also ditched quite a few dining reservations, especially after pricing them out for four adult prices- character breakfasts, gone.
We are doing something similar, but only one MK day.
Epcot-1
MK-1
HS-3
AK-2
We enjoy a good restaurant and are doing evenings at both Cali Gill and Topoplino's terrace this trip. We usually do DDP because it is a good fit for us and we like a signature meal or 2. With the addition of alcohol to the plan it was an even better deal for us this time. We are also doing a dinner at the Plaza, lunch at BoG, and at lease one meal at Sanaa. It's a big part of our trip to have a few nice meals. One of our best memories is DD's 9th birthday. I told her to pick anywhere on property and she wanted Cali Grill for fireworks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter