*** Official August 2020 thread ***

We'll be there Aug 2nd-8th, staying in the cabins at Fort Wilderness. Been going to Disney every other year now for about 10 years but this is the first summer trip for us since I was a teen. Can't wait to get some tips on Disney in August. We are from Georgia so the heat isn't new to us but being at the park in the heat is a different story. We are very excited to be staying at the Fort again.

We'll be there Aug 2nd-8th, staying in the cabins at Fort Wilderness. Been going to Disney every other year now for about 10 years but this is the first summer trip for us since I was a teen. Can't wait to get some tips on Disney in August. We are from Georgia so the heat isn't new to us but being at the park in the heat is a different story. We are very excited to be staying at the Fort again.
You have been added to the Roll Call. Happy planning!

Booked my trip Friday! staying aug 15-21 at all star movies before hitting up a 3 day on the fantasy. This is my first time at a value (other than one night in an AoA suite) so I’m a little nervous but hopeful.

Booked my trip Friday! staying aug 15-21 at all star movies before hitting up a 3 day on the fantasy. This is my first time at a value (other than one night in an AoA suite) so I’m a little nervous but hopeful.
You've been added to the Roll Call. Happy planning :)

Some of you have been doing this a lot longer than I have; when do you anticipate August discounts to be announced? January?

Some of you have been doing this a lot longer than I have; when do you anticipate August discounts to be announced? January?
The past few years, there has been a lot of inconsistency in when summer discounts have been release, making it pretty hard to guess. I would say keep an eye open on the boards here for announcements. January might not be a bad time to start really paying attention. Sometime between then, and April should see announcements.

I was able to change our free dining bounceback reservation. August 6-15 still at All Star Sports. That gives us an extra day and I also bumped up our park hoppers from 7 days to 9. I did 7 because when we took our sons (who will be 17 and 14 on this trip) in 2018, my oldest said it was too much and too long. When I talked about having a shorter ticket and less time in the parks he actually wasn't too happy about that. It's been more than year, so he's forgotten a bit of how tired we got. This time I will plan in more rest/swim time.

I was able to change our free dining bounceback reservation. August 6-15 still at All Star Sports. That gives us an extra day and I also bumped up our park hoppers from 7 days to 9. I did 7 because when we took our sons (who will be 17 and 14 on this trip) in 2018, my oldest said it was too much and too long. When I talked about having a shorter ticket and less time in the parks he actually wasn't too happy about that. It's been more than year, so he's forgotten a bit of how tired we got. This time I will plan in more rest/swim time.
Roll Call has been updated :)

We weren't going to go in 2020. We really really weren't. Really.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

August 2 - 7, currently in AS Movies, but that will change when they release AP discounts.
Well, congrats :) You've been added to Roll Call

We got our flight down to MCO on Southwest the day they opened. Flights aren't open for our return yet. Anyway, I was at work so not able to get the flight until the evening and I was not too pleased with the price. Over 14000 points each. 5:15 PM flight with one stop arriving at 10:55. That flight went down today, but the 7:15 AM flight with one stop, arriving at 2:15 went down more. DH agreed, so we changed to that one. Saved 15627 points on the four tickets. Yay! Also, now we can hit DS the first night and do the VOID. We meant to last year but it just never happened. Then when DH and I went just the 2 of us over Labor Day, we planned to do it again, but no, didn't happen. This way, we do it day one. No missing out again! LOL.

We got our flight down to MCO on Southwest the day they opened. Flights aren't open for our return yet. Anyway, I was at work so not able to get the flight until the evening and I was not too pleased with the price. Over 14000 points each. 5:15 PM flight with one stop arriving at 10:55. That flight went down today, but the 7:15 AM flight with one stop, arriving at 2:15 went down more. DH agreed, so we changed to that one. Saved 15627 points on the four tickets. Yay! Also, now we can hit DS the first night and do the VOID. We meant to last year but it just never happened. Then when DH and I went just the 2 of us over Labor Day, we planned to do it again, but no, didn't happen. This way, we do it day one. No missing out again! LOL.
Sweet. We drove down for many years, and always arrived around 1:00 in the afternoon. It left a bit of time to hit up Disney Springs before settling in for the night. This past year we flew for the first time, and got an early flight. We were on the ground in Orlando by 9:00 in the morning. It is lovely having that day before the parks to do things!

We will be in Florida for 2 weeks, and have a 5 day pass to WDW. Staying offsite. Will be there 5 of the days the week of August 24-31! Not sure what days we are doing what yet, will figure that out once hours are posted.
First time going during the summer, previously have gone in May and November!

School calendar was released for 20-21 so now our trip is going to be 8/17 - 8/25, still debating where we will stay. DH really wants a kitchen and staying off site for us would make getting a kitchen cheaper.

First trip back since 2014! We have been going to universal can’t wait to go to Disney again I miss it so much. Caribbean beach resort August 23-28 woohoo!!!

Hello again. Thanks Tomh for organizing this thread.

I booked the bounceback offer for Aug 3 -17 at ASMu suite, but I'm hoping to change it to Aug 8 - 22. I think this will be our 6th consecutive August trip.

We did lots of extras last year...and I think I'm addicted to them. I'm hoping that the Villains party will be available, but I'm pretty sure that it specifically wasn't available these two weeks last year. I'm hoping for an After Hours at AK and one Halloween party, two parties if the Villains or regular after hours MK event isn't offered.

My daughter and I will start planning out our meals as soon as I find out if I can change the dates. I do love the planning but I find frustrating every year that I plan out my days, wake up early to get the meals booked and inevitably it will change once these party dates get released.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter