*** Official August 2020 thread ***

My trip is 8/8 - 8/21. I'm hoping to do two MNSSHP, 1 after hours or villains at MK and 1 after hours at AK. Or two AK after hours if the MK ones aren't available. I'm just spinning in circles with planning. I can't even guess when these parties will be, other than MNSSHP is likely on Tues 18 and Fri 21. I'm looking at last year's schedule and what's been done so far this year...and I am just stumped.

AK parties were on Mondays last summer, but MK after hours parties are currently on Mondays...but last summer the MK parties stopped in mid August, but based on the current trend it seems like they might stick to one per week until later in the party season. AK parties are on Tuesdays at the end of May...but it doesn't seem like Tuesdays is a good day once MNSSHP starts, last year the AK after hours were held on non-party days in the fall. See? I am talking myself into circles. I can't figure out how to plan anything because I have to plan 4 days of no regular park tickets and I plan them around party days! Uggghhh

We are squeezing in a few Disney days prior to a cruise. We're staying at Pop and coming Aug 27 - Aug 31. Can't wait as haven't been to WDW since 2014.

August 2020 Roll Call!
If you are visiting Disney World in August 2020, post your dates, and resort in the thread, and I will add you to the roll call!

Aug 1 - Aug 5 joshua4 BLT
Aug 1 - Aug 15 Jaimetropmickey PoP
Aug 2 - Aug 7 JennLTX CSR
Aug 2 - Aug 8 KristiKat FW Cabins
Aug 3 - Aug 14 disny_luvr 3 - 9 YC 9 - 14 Poly **40th Birthday August 10th**
Aug 4 - Aug 7 Karalecia26 CSR
Aug 6 - Aug 17 mamamelody2 AS Sports
Aug 8 - Aug 12 kimili8 BWI
Aug 8 - Aug 22 123SA ASMU
Aug 9 - Aug 23 Disneylover99 PoP
Aug 10 - Aug 16 Pirate princess 2 PoP
Aug 11 - Aug 20 OurLaughingPlace 11 - 18 PORS 18 - 20 Still Deciding
Aug 12 - Aug 18 Mascara&Mouse Ears Poly
Aug 13 - Aug 21 figmentfinesse POP
Aug 14 - Aug 23 Redfraggle19 WL
Aug 14 - Aug 25 omniscientmommy Offsite
Aug 14 - Aug 17 sleepymouse AKV 21 - 27 YC
Aug 15 - Aug 22 Madame BCV
Aug 15 - Aug 22 Mousemommy1 YC
Aug 15 - Aug 24 CanadianKrista CBR
Aug 16 - Aug 26 han22735 BMV
Aug 19 - Aug 28 pd1138 CSR
Aug 19 - Sept 3 RossS Offsite Cabana Bay / Universal
Aug 21 - Aug 28 TulipMom Offsite
Aug 22 - Aug 29 The13thLetter POP
Aug 23 - Aug 28 bravestmerida BCV
Aug 23 - Aug 29 Palaura Poly
Aug 24 - Sep 3 TammyLynn33 Riviera
Aug 25 - Sep 8 AJS84 CBR
Aug 26 - Sep 5 MariaGrace39 Riviera
Aug 2 - 14 jonimce Fort Wilderness

Where do you look for estimated park hours? I usually look at Kenny the Pirate's crows calendars, but the EMH days seem really weird for my dates AUg 8-Aug 21. I'm looking for another source to try to confirm.

Where do you look for estimated park hours? I usually look at Kenny the Pirate's crows calendars, but the EMH days seem really weird for my dates AUg 8-Aug 21. I'm looking for another source to try to confirm.
I used https://www.wdwmagic.com/calendar.htm to get started on planning ADR... only a few days away from the 180 day window ! We are there from the 1st to the 15th. As they do every year, the hours will be adjusted a bit as we get closer, but the EMH and party days usually do not change much.

I used https://www.wdwmagic.com/calendar.htm to get started on planning ADR... only a few days away from the 180 day window ! We are there from the 1st to the 15th. As they do every year, the hours will be adjusted a bit as we get closer, but the EMH and party days usually do not change much.

Thanks! That's two different sites showing MK AM EMH on Monday Aug 17 and not on Friday Aug 21 which is the usual pattern And, AK AM EMH hours switched that week as well -- AK EMH is NOT on Monday Aug 17 as expected, and is on Friday Aug 21. Weird.

However, Kenny's site lists Wed Aug 19 with AM EMH at MK, while wdwmagic lists it as the usual evening EMH.

And...I want a party & after hours event schedule before I book I meals. It's not going to happen.

My family and I will be there August 16-22 at the Villas at the Grand Floridian. It's our second consecutive August trip but first time at the GF and everyone is quite excited for that. With 1 daughter in college and another in HS, their school breaks no longer line up and we are effectively limited to summers. We found last year (at BLT) quite bearable.

Thanks! That's two different sites showing MK AM EMH on Monday Aug 17 and not on Friday Aug 21 which is the usual pattern And, AK AM EMH hours switched that week as well -- AK EMH is NOT on Monday Aug 17 as expected, and is on Friday Aug 21. Weird.

However, Kenny's site lists Wed Aug 19 with AM EMH at MK, while wdwmagic lists it as the usual evening EMH.

And...I want a party & after hours event schedule before I book I meals. It's not going to happen.
Yes I am a devoted KTP fan and usually trust his info completelyl but this is definitely throwing me off a bit. I've never used wdwmagic so I'm not sure how accurate they usually are. I think I will stick with Kenny for now but be alert for changes.

Aug 17-21 AKL Jambo House:earsboy:, was able to snag a 1 bedroom value villa. We never stayed in one so I am not sure if this is a good or bad thing!
Can we be added to the roll call ! :stitch:

Last edited:
@Tomh
We have decided on our August 18th-20th part of our trip (in addition to the PORS stay that you have already posted). For August 18-20 we have booked at the Boardwalk Inn. We have never stayed there but love the Crescent Lake area. We usually stay at the Beach Club but the price difference is about $200 more a night at the Beach Club, so we'll try the Boardwalk Inn!

@Tomh
We have decided on our August 18th-20th part of our trip (in addition to the PORS stay that you have already posted). For August 18-20 we have booked at the Boardwalk Inn. We have never stayed there but love the Crescent Lake area. We usually stay at the Beach Club but the price difference is about $200 more a night at the Beach Club, so we'll try the Boardwalk Inn!

Roll Call has been duly updated :)

We are coming Aug 28-Sept 4 at POP - first trip to WDW with our kids aged 4 and 6 (we took them to DL two years ago). Not planning to tell them until the day we leave! Super excited as we got free dining (booked a Aug 28 room only and then package starting on the 29th).

We were going to wait until 2021 to go but just couldn't! I just booked 8/22 - 8/28 at All Star Music (family suite). We are hoping to do one night of the Halloween Party which will be a first for us and we want my youngest to do BBB which she hasn't gotten to do yet (she will be 5 when we go). Let the countdown begin!!

Sidetone: Can someone tell me about bounce back offers? Who do we contact to ask? We have never done that before but might want to consider it while we're there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts