Official Avengers 2017

Has anyone stayed at the Quality Inn right beside the park? That's where I got my reservations at. It looked like there wasn't much left room wise anywhere else.

I've stayed there for a couple races. Its no frills, but it gets the job done. This Quality Inn (on Katella) is quite a bit easier than the Quality Inn on S. Manchester when it comes to runDisney events.

I've stayed there for a couple races. Its no frills, but it gets the job done. This Quality Inn (on Katella) is quite a bit easier than the Quality Inn on S. Manchester when it comes to runDisney events.

Thanks! I'm at the Manchester one. Guess my warm up will be my walk to the race lol

Thanks! I'm at the Manchester one. Guess my warm up will be my walk to the race lol

It isn't that it is far, its the bag check & security. I can understand it and know it needs to be there, it can just be a little bit of a hassle is all. Perhaps things have changed dramatically since I stayed on that side of the esplanade for runDisney.

debating on flying there thursday...running the 5k and flying back that friday night... am i that crazy???

debating on flying there thursday...running the 5k and flying back that friday night... am i that crazy???
I would say it depends on how much the flights were and what your plans for Friday were....I flew in Saturday afternoon and home Sunday evening last year. So it's doable.

round trip is 133.69 right now...I live in Sacramento so its only like a hour and a half flight. after race probably hang out in Downtown Disney....get some espn zone then head back to airport.

my grandparents live 20 minutes away in costa mesa too...so I might be able to stay with them instead of getting hotel since my boyfriend gave me a big fat no on going hahah

my grandparents live 20 minutes away in costa mesa too...so I might be able to stay with them instead of getting hotel since my boyfriend gave me a big fat no on going hahah

Costa Mesa is a really easy drive on Race morning. Just stay on the 5 and come in north of the park and you skip all the road closures.

Now that we are under a 100 days away for all the Avengers weekend races I'm started to get excited!
Plus I'll be traveling with a few friends who have never see Disneyland at Christmas time so I think they will be in for a real treat!
If anyone needs to get pumped up for that fun that is about three months away here is my 2 minute highlight video from last years Avengers weekends... It has some footage from the 10K and plenty of footage from the special Holiday attractions and shows.

And as previously discussed... based on the info and rumors we have been hearing, it looks like all the classic Holiday stuff will be back starting Friday November 10th, likely with some soft opening prior to then.

If you're running the Disneyland Half weekend, and haven't signed up for Super Heroes weekend yet there's a $25 discount in your virtual event bag!

If you're running the Disneyland Half weekend, and haven't signed up for Super Heroes weekend yet there's a $25 discount in your virtual event bag!

Any chance there is a code you can share? Or is this an individual thing that's only for registered runners?

Last edited:
Using Guardians of the Galaxy for the kid's race rather than one of the main races feels like such a waste - the half marathon medal is utterly boring, I wish they'd utilized Guardians for that instead.

I'm actually kind of fond of the Thor 10K medal - I like the knotwork border around it, even if the center spinner feels weirdly plain. It has a different feel than some of the other runDisney 10K medals, so I think I kind of like it. I'd be interested to see it in person.

But that half medal... Sure, the previous medal design wasn't particularly exciting, but it was a nice solid look and better than this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter