Official Avengers 2017

Using Guardians of the Galaxy for the kid's race rather than one of the main races feels like such a waste - the half marathon medal is utterly boring, I wish they'd utilized Guardians for that instead.

I'm actually kind of fond of the Thor 10K medal - I like the knotwork border around it, even if the center spinner feels weirdly plain. It has a different feel than some of the other runDisney 10K medals, so I think I kind of like it. I'd be interested to see it in person.

But that half medal... Sure, the previous medal design wasn't particularly exciting, but it was a nice solid look and better than this.

Agreed. I think the Thor Medal is the best one. The Half is Meh and I've always hated the Gauntlet medal, but they aren't going to change that one until people are able to get all the stones.

My dd (16) is running all 3 races and is totally disappointed in all the medals. She loves avengers so it's not that they aren't "girly" -- her words exactly -- Ugh they could have done so much more with the theme!

I think the half one looks rather plain... I'm assuming Black Widow will be the main character/theme for that race. But I like the Thor 10K, on the blog it shows how the center actually spins, the Hammer on one side for Thor and Loki's helmet on the other side.

They are offering $25 off the Half and Gauntlet at this weekends Expo. No discount on the 10k. The Black Widow medal looks pretty crap in person too.

I am looking to register for the Thor 10K. The Run Disney site still lists it as open, with an active registration link, but when I click on it, the only options are the half marathon and the Gauntlet challenge. Should I take this to mean that the 10K is sold out? Any other options for me if it is sold out?

I am looking to register for the Thor 10K. The Run Disney site still lists it as open, with an active registration link, but when I click on it, the only options are the half marathon and the Gauntlet challenge. Should I take this to mean that the 10K is sold out? Any other options for me if it is sold out?

Yes, usually that means the race is sold out. I believe some people have had success going through travel agencies if certain races are sold out.

Dang, I was on the fence about signing up for the 10k too.

They are offering $25 off the Half and Gauntlet at this weekends Expo. No discount on the 10k. The Black Widow medal looks pretty crap in person too.
Oh good it wasn't just me that was disappointed with the half metal. This will be our first Avengers half, he have done the Captain America 10k and Doctor Strange 10k, and we were really looking forward to the classic A. :worried:

Are there many people who wear non Marvel costumes? I'm not a big fan and mostly chose this run to get my coast to coast and because it's a good time of year, figured Labor Day would be too hot(and I was right :)). Thinking of doing the Incredibles for the 10 k cuz we are a family of 5 and the kids are doing the kids run later on. Then I want to use my hand crafted labor intensive to make feather skirt (did Daisy at Princess) to do Donald. I imagine most folks are Disney fans, so it won't be that odd.

Are there many people who wear non Marvel costumes?

There were plenty of non-Marvel costumes last year in the Dr. Strange 10k. There were a lot of Marvel ones to be sure, but costumes from the whole Disney spectrum were still there.

Then I want to use my hand crafted labor intensive to make feather skirt (did Daisy at Princess) to do Donald.

Nah, it's pretty common to wear other Disney costumes to Avengers weekend. But if you do Donald, you might get a lot of comics people thinking you're Howard the Duck!

As an FYI, this was posted today on a Facebook Group ...

As many of you know, local WW2 reenactors have participated in the 1/2 Marathon for the past three years. We cheered and supported the runners from our position at Anaheim Stadium. I'm the coordinator of this group and I'm sorry to report that we will not be participating this year.

In the past, each participant received a ticket to Disneyland as compensation. As of this year, the Walt Disney Company is no longer offering a ticket for each individual. The new policy is to make a monetary donation to the "organization" to which the performers belong. Most performers at the Marathon were high school bands and such; they'll gladly accept a donation of several hundred dollars.

We however are not "one" group but rather a conglomeration of many groups, clubs, veterans and historians. We do not get our uniforms from rental stores; our authentic uniforms and gear are individually owned and cost hundreds, if not thousands of dollars. That's not to mention our individually owned vintage vehicles which are quite expensive to drive and maintain.

Whatever the Walt Disney Company's reasons, I have made the difficult decision that we cannot participate if our members do not receive a little something in return. I feel we provided one of the best 1940's impressions ever for the bargain price of a One-Day admission ticket.

In closing, while I am deeply disappointed about this year I'm grateful for the three years that we DID have to support YOU the runners! I had the opportunity to read many of your kind and supportive comments in this Facebook group. It made us feel very satisfied to have encouraged many of you to continue in the race. Although we will not be there physically this year please know that we all will be supporting you in spirit!

Sincerely,
Fred McDowell

I'm tempted to sign up for the Gauntlet as it seems less and less likely there will be any half marathons at Disneyland next year.

As a side note remember we are under 60 days so if you haven't you can make dining reservations. (Not all restaurants are currently available for breakfast or dinner reservations depending on the day. I called and asked Disney dining and they said the park has been slow to give them the opening and closing hours for November and so in some cases they just can't release those reservation times yet.)

Thanks for the reminder @EDS19!

I am in a holding pattern until I figure out what Kellsie's Hope has planned for us Charity Runners. So excited to participate from the perspective of a Charity Runner :)

Thanks for the reminder @EDS19!

I am in a holding pattern until I figure out what Kellsie's Hope has planned for us Charity Runners. So excited to participate from the perspective of a Charity Runner :)

My friend is organizing all the events for the KH Krew for Avengers Weekend! I know she's got some REALLY great ideas!

The runner luncheon was at Naples on Saturday for Disneyland Half - I think it was from 11-1 or Noon-2.

so I am playing with the idea of making a quick flight out to do this race. I ran my first half back in april doing the star wars. had plans to do the DL half so I could get my C2C, but waited too long and it sold out on me, and besides my daughter is preggo, so i figured to wait and save money this year and do it next year. But the more I hear and read that this may be the last Half in DL I really want that C2C. Biggest problem is finding a hotel that isn't too far from the corrals being so late. Anyone have any experience in using ART the morning of the race, wondering how far away I could stay if this was an easy way to get there. Anyone?

so I am playing with the idea of making a quick flight out to do this race. I ran my first half back in april doing the star wars. had plans to do the DL half so I could get my C2C, but waited too long and it sold out on me, and besides my daughter is preggo, so i figured to wait and save money this year and do it next year. But the more I hear and read that this may be the last Half in DL I really want that C2C. Biggest problem is finding a hotel that isn't too far from the corrals being so late. Anyone have any experience in using ART the morning of the race, wondering how far away I could stay if this was an easy way to get there. Anyone?

ART is easy to use.

Look at all of the Marriott properties - I stay at the Fairfield Inn on Harbor - and use the code MMF. If you can find a reservation that works for you and your price range, PM me and I can send you a Friends & Family Rate form.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!