OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

Me either! Seems like way too much peppermint and not a whole lot of non-peppermint options. You think there would be more variety.

On a related note, I'm a HUGE pumpkin fan and I was disappointed in the relative lack of pumpkin-flavored treats for fall.
I'd be good if they had some pumpkin leftovers for us holiday visitors!

I actually thought they had a pretty good balance of items this year. There is a fair amount of peppermint, but also pumpkin, gingerbread, and other flavors (not counting the savory stuff).

I looked back at last year's menu and they did have a few other pumpkin items that aren't listed this year, but by the same token some of those venues are also not listed in this year's blog posting so there might be more items (both Pumpkin and non) that aren't mentioned. Last year's posting had a list of items at each place, this year's posting is in narrative format. I'm guessing there are things that aren't mentioned that are available in the parks!

I noticed a lack of pumpkin too, not just for Christmas time, but for Fall/Halloween. But it's just as well, because with the festival of holidays I already have more snack ideas than I can afford. It was actually kind of a relief to look through the blog post and think "we can just skip all of this."

Can I ask a question about our travel documents? They are mailed 3 weeks before and someone needs to be there to sing for them? Do we get a shipping notification?

I just got mine yesterday (19 days before my trip), and no, no shipping notification. I had arranged to have them sent to my job, since I knew that I most likely wouldn't be home when they arrived.

Yes they are mailed about 3 weeks before and someone over 18 must sign. I get notifications from ups and post office whenever something is being mailed to my address. I can't remember for sure but i think they notify you before it will e delivered.

That's strange - I didn't get one.

I noticed that too. Not a big peppermint fan here, so not thrilled with the list.

Me either! Seems like way too much peppermint and not a whole lot of non-peppermint options. You think there would be more variety.

On a related note, I'm a HUGE pumpkin fan and I was disappointed in the relative lack of pumpkin-flavored treats for fall.

Now see, I love peppermint and I can't wait to try the candy cane beignets!

I noticed that too. Not a big peppermint fan here, so not thrilled with the list.

My DW is SERIOUSLY not a peppermint fan. I was happy to show her some other options available.

I actually thought they had a pretty good balance of items this year. There is a fair amount of peppermint, but also pumpkin, gingerbread, and other flavors (not counting the savory stuff).

I looked back at last year's menu and they did have a few other pumpkin items that aren't listed this year, but by the same token some of those venues are also not listed in this year's blog posting so there might be more items (both Pumpkin and non) that aren't mentioned. Last year's posting had a list of items at each place, this year's posting is in narrative format. I'm guessing there are things that aren't mentioned that are available in the parks!

Looking the whole list over there is a good selection. And in the VLOGs I have watched said that several of the peppermint offerings were very subtle and only part of the flavor profile. I'm up for anything personally!

GOT OUR TICKETS!!!!!!!

TicketOrder.JPG

Tickets.jpg

Okay, feel free to go back to your planning.

Mike

Looking the whole list over there is a good selection. And in the VLOGs I have watched said that several of the peppermint offerings were very subtle and only part of the flavor profile. I'm up for anything personally!
Me too! I ate nothing but steamed rice and chicken on my last trip so my list is getting pretty long. I am starting to rethink my WOC CC reservation on New Years eve. There are so many yummy treats in DCA.

Foodie Guide Rocks, but also loving the Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Menus at DCA!!!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ad-menus-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

Now see, I love peppermint and I can't wait to try the candy cane beignets!

Same here but it’s because we don’t get many peppermint things here in the UK, even at Christmas, so that is why I’m excited. I need to get my peppermint levels topped up! You will love the candy cane beignets!

Me too! I ate nothing but steamed rice and chicken on my last trip so my list is getting pretty long. I am starting to rethink my WOC CC reservation on New Years eve. There are so many yummy treats in DCA.

Carthay Circle is delicious though and will be lovely on NYE....sorry I’m not helping am I? :)

Yes indeed, I am going to be spending a decent amount of time at those DCA food carts - yum!!!!

Oh, and the Disney Rewards Insider came in and they had some really cool Disney Christmas present tags:

Tags.jpg

So I think I got a little bit of magic or maybe everyone gets these but a couple days ago I had called Disneyland to ask a question about our vacation package and the nice lady who talked to me asked if it was our first visit, which it is!

Anyway after I spoke to her wnd we made the change on my package I needed done I got the confirmation email and it now says under magical extras a lanyard and collectible pin! I don't think it was there before.... so tell me did I get some magic or do all packages come with these? If they do what do they look like?!

It also says I have photopass and I don't remember buying that either... (we will be getting max pass)

Is there any Benifits to having photopass not through max pass?

So I think I got a little bit of magic or maybe everyone gets these but a couple days ago I had called Disneyland to ask a question about our vacation package and the nice lady who talked to me asked if it was our first visit, which it is!

Anyway after I spoke to her wnd we made the change on my package I needed done I got the confirmation email and it now says under magical extras a lanyard and collectible pin! I don't think it was there before.... so tell me did I get some magic or do all packages come with these? If they do what do they look like?!

It also says I have photopass and I don't remember buying that either... (we will be getting max pass)

No, all packages come with the lanyard and collectible pin. And what they mean by PhotoPass is one free 5" x 7" photo at Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, California Screamin' or Radiator Springs Racers.

If you book through Disney then yes they come with a pin and lanyard. The photo pass might be some pixie dust. I book through Costco and it comes with a gift card. photo pass, lanyard, pin and luggage tags along with a few other discounts, but I am not sure if photo pass is Costco perk or comes with all Disney packages.

Each time we have gone we get different lanyard and pin. My fave is the 60th anniversary one.

I am not sure on the MP vs reg PP. I have read where some dining pictures with MP were only online and not the actual printed one.

Yes indeed, I am going to be spending a decent amount of time at those DCA food carts - yum!!!!

Oh, and the Disney Rewards Insider came in and they had some really cool Disney Christmas present tags:

Tags.jpg

I got my tags too!!!! I love them, my wife on the other had was not impressed.... Sheesh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!