OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

I was at the parks last weekend and you guys are going to LOVE all the holiday stuff!
I'm hoping to pull together some highlight pictures and videos talking about some of the entertainment and food!
I really loved the variety at the Festival of Holiday's this year! SO GOOD!
So hopefully I'll have that up in a day or two to share with y'all... But until then, here is my video from the Holiday Toy Drummers at California Adventure.
If you get the chance its a really fun show to watch, we only waited a few minutes and were on the front row and the show is quick but a lot of fun!

The tricky thing is there is SO MUCH great holiday entertainment and treats to eat... that its hard to get it all in.
We missed several things I wanted to see but there just wasn't enough time during our three day trip.

Thanks for the video! This is one thing I am really looking forward too.

That’s the reason we are doing a 7 day trip this time. Having done 2 four day trips and 1 three day trip, it’s just never enough for us.

I was at the parks last weekend and you guys are going to LOVE all the holiday stuff!
I'm hoping to pull together some highlight pictures and videos talking about some of the entertainment and food!
So hopefully I'll have that up in a day or two to share with y'all... But until then, here is my video from the Holiday Toy Drummers at California Adventure.
If you get the chance its a really fun show to watch, we only waited a few minutes and were on the front row and the show is quick but a lot of fun!

The tricky thing is there is SO MUCH great holiday entertainment and treats to eat... that its hard to get it all in.
We missed several things I wanted to see but there just wasn't enough time during our three day trip.
popcorn::

Me too! I ate nothing but steamed rice and chicken on my last trip so my list is getting pretty long. I am starting to rethink my WOC CC reservation on New Years eve. There are so many yummy treats in DCA.
We did CC for dinner Christmas Eve 2012 and we loved it. It was a perfect meal. I kind of forgot we were at Disneyland until our server brought our WOC FP's. We're only in the parks for two days this upcoming trip and it was hard to choose. Too much to choose from!

We did CC for dinner Christmas Eve 2012 and we loved it. It was a perfect meal. I kind of forgot we were at Disneyland until our server brought our WOC FP's. We're only in the parks for two days this upcoming trip and it was hard to choose. Too much to choose from!
I am waiting for the calendar to come out for Dec.31st. If they have fireworks at the regular time it might be nice to sit outside on the balcony and eat.

With the CC WOC fp's, can you stroll up at the last minute and find a good spot.

The majority of the entertainment schedule for DCA isn't listed for most of December yet. Anyone have any idea when that info usually hits the Disneyland website?

That looks so cool! Thanks for posting!:thanks:

With the CC WOC fp's, can you stroll up at the last minute and find a good spot.
We didn't, we went earlier than we needed to for sure. The whole area is pretty good but it might be fine to go later if you don't want to be in the splash zone. I wished we hadn't gone so early because it was a lot of standing before the show.

Last edited:
I suppose that's an option, but I'd rather just not put them in a place where they might readily disappear or get lost in the first place. I guess it's no different that replacing any item that is lost, but the thought of having to pay for something that was originally free bothers me.

I've learned from experience - my Disney tag was taken from a checked bag. Using them for carry-on is the way to go if you care about losing them!!!

I've learned from experience - my Disney tag was taken from a checked bag. Using them for carry-on is the way to go if you care about losing them!!!
OMG really? I do not really check any bags when I travel. We all carry our own carry ons and a small personal bag that will have our tags. Now I know that they might be taken. Why would someone take them though?

How long do the holiday decorations usually stay up? We were there just as they started decorating and are doing another trip from January 2-6 and was hoping to get to see the parks more fully decorated for a day before they take everything down.

How long do the holiday decorations usually stay up? We were there just as they started decorating and are doing another trip from January 2-6 and was hoping to get to see the parks more fully decorated for a day before they take everything down.
Your'e in luck. The holiday season runs until January 7.

Ok! I've finally posted my Highlights video from my trip last week. The first video below is overarching for both parks and some of the Christmas entertainment, decorations, food, etc.

This second video is if you just want to help get some family members/friends excited for your trip without all the planning details that people like us obsess over.

It really was SUCH a fun trip! I'll be excited to hear more from y'all once you get back!

Ok! I've finally posted my Highlights video from my trip last week. The first video below is overarching for both parks and some of the Christmas entertainment, decorations, food, etc.

This second video is if you just want to help get some family members/friends excited for your trip without all the planning details that people like us obsess over.

It really was SUCH a fun trip! I'll be excited to hear more from y'all once you get back!
Awesome video's! My family and I will be there Tuesday for our 1st Holiday trip, so excited! Thanks for posting your video's, looks like you had a great time!

So DH is on the computer working on our big reveal to the kids. The kids are going to find out about our trip on my B-Day which is on December 13 (we leave on Christmas Eve). He is making a movie and I just was looking over his shoulder watching him piece together the different pictures of Disneyland at Christmas. I cannot wait to finally tell them, they are going to be so excited. We have been planning this trip a little over a year now and for it to be just over a month away is surreal to me. My kids have no idea what is coming to them...I have Disney Christmas shirts that I bought each of them at Kohl's yesterday (that was a chore trying to hide it from them as they were looking around) and I had already purchased holiday Minnie ears, the ones with the red plaid bow (I bought one for myself) on Disneystore.com. Now I have to find Disney holiday shirts for DH and I to wear on Christmas morning :santa:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter