OFFICIAL DEC 2018 PTR AND TR THREAD

We have a golf cart reserved for next Friday. Looking forward to visiting this and all of the others we have seen from a distance.

If any of you have plans to go to the Studios, definitively plan to stay for the evening activities. We ran over Sat. night for a few hours. Sunset Blvd at night is amazing with the laser show, snow and projections on the Tower of Terror. My pictures don't really do it justice, have to see in person.
hs 2018 xmas sunset blvd.jpg hs 2018 xmas sunset blvd2.jpg HS ToT xmas.JPG HS ToT Xmas 2.JPG hs 2018 xmas lake.jpg hs 20018 xmas tsl ornaments.jpg

Dec Movie schedule found on another site.

• 2nd – Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmas

• 3rd – Mickey’s Twice Upon A Christmas

• 4th – The Lion King

• 5th – Santa’s Buddies

• 6th – The Search for Santa Paws

• 7th – Frozen

• 8th – Incredibles 2

• 9th – 101 Dalmatians

• 10th – The Muppet Christmas Carol

• 11th – The Santa Clause

• 12th – The Santa Clause 2

• 13th – The Santa Clause 3

• 14th – Tarzan

• 15th – The Nightmare Before Christmas

• 16th – Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmas

• 17th – Mickey’s Twice Upon A Christmas

• 18th – The Lion King

• 19th – Santa’s Buddies

• 20th – The Search for Santa Paws

• 21st – Frozen

• 22nd – Incredibles 2

• 23rd – 101 Dalmatians

• 24th – The Muppet Christmas Carol

• 25th – The Santa Clause

• 26th – The Santa Clause 2

• 27th – The Santa Clause 3

• 28th – Tarzan

• 29th – The Nightmare Before Christmas

• 30th – Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmas

• 31st – Mickey’s Twice Upon A Christmas

If any of you have plans to go to the Studios, definitively plan to stay for the evening activities. We ran over Sat. night for a few hours. Sunset Blvd at night is amazing with the laser show, snow and projections on the Tower of Terror. My pictures don't really do it justice, have to see in person.

Thanks for the pics. I like the projections on the ToT - the gingerbread one is pretty cool. That said, I think I will forever mourn the losing of the Osborne Lights. Our family very much enjoys Christmas lights, and there is simply nothing like the Osborne lights!

Thanks for all the pictures, terri and lindsey! :woohoo: Bama Ed

Great pics everyone. It really wants me to forget the Christmas crowds and head down over the holidays.

j

Okay folks, the challenge has been put out there:

Magic Kingdom official regular hours on Christmas Day 12/25 show 7am-12mid with EMH from 6am-7am.

Who among you will accept the challenge and be at MK at 6am for rope drop? Bus and boat transport will be running in advance (if it ever stops from the evening previous :rolleyes:).

Ho ho ho! :santa:

Bama Ed

PS - I did a 7am-2am MK day during spring break a couple years ago and it was rough but I would expect Christmas Day to be spectacularly crowded.

PS - I did a 7am-2am MK day during spring break a couple years ago and it was rough but I would expect Christmas Day to be spectacularly crowded.

That would be the issue. The hours I could manage, but that much time in the crowds of that day would be too much for me. If we were there (a definite impossibility in my work), I'd probably be there at 6am, stay for 2-3 hours and be out by 9. Go back to the camper, enjoy the day, and return (if it is still open) around 9p for the last few hours.

Okay folks, the challenge has been put out there:

Oh it’s out there alright. This has been our plan all along. My darling wife will sleep in with the dog. Daughter, her Boyfriend and I will be doing rope drop. Ride everything we can until it starts to get busy. Then back to campsite for stockings, presents and a big brunch. Afternoon naps and chill until 7pm reservation at Be Our Guest!

Well, I was wondering if anyone was going to go for rope drop and then stay the entire day. :scared: Like rope drop ... to ... rope raise? :confused3

On our long day we headed to the MK just as the sun was coming up:

and stayed until DW and DD were ready to haul me off. Here is DD in the black top and pink skirt on the sidewalk coming to get me as the clock struck 2am:

We were there all day.

Just wanted to know what the ENTIRE Christmas Day in the park would be like through the eyes of one of our DIS campers. That's all.

Bama Ed

Bama Ed,

Sorry I misunderstood. No Way! I like the park, but a few hours is all I can take. There is now way I could take it for 20 hours. In the 90s, before crowds like today we would go to all 3 parks and do everything in one super long day and night.
I was much younger and eager then. Now, I just don’t like people as much. But we will represent at rope drop.

John

Ed put me in the same vessel as Boat Guy. Back in the 80's and 90's when I first had the idea of going for Christmas spending the entire day inside MK was the plan and goal. Today's crowds ( Rumor has it that after 10 am entry is restricted ) make that a much less appealing option. As we now travel with the Girls it is an impossibility, they need to go and Explore the Wilderness.
Speaking of the Girls Katie was not too Happy yesterday when she learned we had 10 days before we were leavingResized_20181205_155632001_7828.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!