OFFICIAL DEC 2018 PTR AND TR THREAD

Thank you, Melissa & Kris, I am escaping PT Sat. Afternoon. Right now Suzy is in the emergency animal hospital not doing good. We wanted to leave Sunday, but now depends on our Suzy. Prayers will be appreciated!

Thank you, Melissa & Kris, I am escaping PT Sat. Afternoon. Right now Suzy is in the emergency animal hospital not doing good. We wanted to leave Sunday, but now depends on our Suzy. Prayers will be appreciated!

So sorry, hope everything turns out okay. Thoughts and prayers.:hug:

Resized_20181214_212022001_8557 (1).jpg So sitting here at Carolina Crosssroads Rv Resort in Roanoke Rapids NC. Two years ago for this trip we got here and had no power coming into the coach and everyone said it was a three to four hour job, we"ll see you in 3 weeks when we reopen. So far knock on wood I just Tap my skull no issues. De-Winterized and no leaks. Trip was uneventful from Dover to DC had serious fog so bit of a slow go. From Richmond to Petersburg Va.rain and fog thanks to last weeks snow that is hanging around. Sorry no pics but but it has been raining since we got here Happy I decided to bring my LL Bean Boots as ground off our pad is pure mud.
The Girls are acting more like our Maggie and WookieBear every time we take them out. WookieBear in the old coach used to place her Butt at the fan outlet of the heater we had above we have Katie, Maggie used to claim the couch and Sky never met her does the sameResized_20181214_212002001_870 (1).jpg

View attachment 369970 So sitting here at Carolina Crosssroads Rv Resort in Roanoke Rapids NC. Two years ago for this trip we got here and had no power coming into the coach and everyone said it was a three to four hour job, we"ll see you in 3 weeks when we reopen. So far knock on wood I just Tap my skull no issues. De-Winterized and no leaks. Trip was uneventful from Dover to DC had serious fog so bit of a slow go. From Richmond to Petersburg Va.rain and fog thanks to last weeks snow that is hanging around. Sorry no pics but but it has been raining since we got here Happy I decided to bring my LL Bean Boots as ground off our pad is pure mud.
The Girls are acting more like our Maggie and WookieBear every time we take them out. WookieBear in the old coach used to place her Butt at the fan outlet of the heater we had above we have Katie, Maggie used to claim the couch and Sky never met her does the sameView attachment 369971

Fingers crossed that you make to to the Fort this year, Mike. Bama Ed

FtW Mike Your babies are so precious! safe travels
Gloria looks are deceiving we call them Savage Sisters for good reason. I would say they have the manners of goats, but that would be derogatory to the goats.
Fingers crossed that you make to to the Fort this year, Mike. Bama Ed
Ed from your lips to God's ears.

Sitting here In Camp Lake Jasper RV Resort in Hardeeville SC. We are about 10 miles north of the Georgia line and doing well. Have stayed here before and always been impressed with the staff super friendly and helpful. Side note. Stopped for fuel in Florence SC Exit 170. They have 2 Pumps dedicated to RV's with both gas and diesel made refueling a joy. Tomorrow leaving for Lazy DAys in Tampa. Hope to attend some seminars and are doing their driver confidence course Lucille is not happy I signed her up

We made it Florida! Drove by the exit for Disney and kept going south. We will stay here at Markham Park in Sunrise for a few more day before heading north to the Fort. Markham is a Broward County park and a huge green oasis in a dense cityscape. My DW lives being so close to Sawgrass Mills for shopping and Mini is thrilled with the dog park.
These people take there dog parks seriously. Barkham at Markham they call it. It’s huge, very well manicured and attended.

Be at The Fort on the 19th. C’mon 700 loop, please.

We are not at the Fort yet, but trying to see all the parks at Christmas before our blackout dates. Went to Epcot Sat. night, holy cow was it busy. Our intent was to see the Candlelight Processional. In the past an hour before was plenty of wait time to get a seat, not a great seat, but a seat. This time no such luck, two hours to guaranteed a seat. With so many people purchasing the dinner and show package, there are not that many stand by seats left. We passed. Instead we ate, strolled and watched a small bit from the standing room only behind the ropes. Have seen it multiple times in the past as my son sang in the choir all four years of high school. We stayed for Illuminations and then headed out. The fog had settled in as we were leaving which made for some interesting photos.
epcot illum 12 2018.jpg epcot fog 12. 2018.jpg epcot fog 2 12 2018.jpg epcot fog 3 12 218.jpg epcot fog 4 12 2018.jpg

Made it to Lazy Days yesterday afternoon without incident. Still need convince Lucille why I want to be on the road by 8am. As it was Sunday Traffic wasn't really an issue but 3rd day on the road and I was ready to chill for a few days. Got to our site and it's the same one we had last Oct when we moved over from the Transfer Lot. Dog park only 100 yards away so the Girls are happy.
Did hit 2 of the free seminars they offer today Both were informative and worth every penny I paid for them. Tomorrow is the Driver Confidence course and Lucille is balking but is having a hard time coming up with a counter for, What are you going to do if something happens to me? Her real objection think is the classroom portion starts at 9 am an that doesn't work with her plans

What are you going to do if something happens to me?
You can do it Lucille. Kris @garneska has about 100 miles under her belt. DW has about 500 miles in the drivers seat
Besides, if you can drive, you can plan a ladies trip and leave Mike at home. (Sorry Mike, not tryin to throw ya under the bus, just trying to encourage her)

@tigger92662, I am so hoping one day I can take it out myself. I can’t back a car well but lots of places have pull through sites. I feel pretty confident setting it up and taking it down. I am hoping to put another 30 or 40 miles on for the trip in January. You can do it Lucille. @FtW Mike tell her if I can do it she can and can’t wait to meet you guys and the savage sisters in January. Mallory might not be so happy with the savage sisters but we will introduce them and hope they get a long.

I can’t back a car well but lots of places have pull through sites.
That's the great thing about Google maps. I tell people all the time, look at the places you are headed. You can look at overview, most of the time street level.
If you plan it right, you'll never hafta back up. Besides, I know plenty of people who've had an RV or TT for 20 + years and it's still scary to watch them back up

We are days away from departure!!! We leave San Antonio this Thursday with our first stop outside of Mobile. Then we are staying Friday South of Jacksonville at an RV park on the Atlantic. Im going to try and get some quick fishing in with my son. We arrive at the Fort on Saturday for 5 nights. Can't wait. I do have some hopefully quick maintenance to do to the Motorhome. Noticed while doing some maintenance this weekend I have a hydraulic hose leak for one of the leveler jacks. I'm thinking a "band aid" for now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!