***Official December 2017 thread!

Hello all.. Today is my Dalmatian day I am very excited we will be "Home 11/24-12/5"
We always go the 2 weeks before Thanksgiving this year we are trying after!
Staying:
11/24 - 11/25 - Serlago
11/25 - 12/1 - Caribbean Beach Resort
12/1 - 12/5 - All Star Movies

ROL isn't on our AK day. Bummer, but not a deal breaker. Not going to rearrange our schedule for it due to ADRs. Hopefully they'll add ROL on our day.

Good news though, our morning arrival flight got pushed up to 5:50am instead of 6:15, so we should get into the parks super early. The plan is to do the big rides at HS, meet a few characters, then nap in the room until Whispering Canyon Cafe dinner.

Same here...I'm planning on 1.5 days for AK (Tuesday morning before MVMCP and then all day Friday)...I'm doing this so that I can get a better chance of a FOP FP...ROL is not a big deal for me me right now...

Hello...I'd like to join in too! We'll be staying at AKL Jambo from Dec22-29 (me, DH, DS8, DS3). It's our first big family trip, first time at Disney for DH and kids, and my first time there at Christmas. We are so excited!

DH and I made a spontaneous decision last week to head to the World for an anniversary trip Dec 9-16. So excited! We seem to have managed to score one of the last Pop reservations. I'm a bit nervous because I've booked 2 extra nights in order to get it but the CM said we just call to cancel those two nights. Guess we'll see if she was right! It still works out cheaper than staying at a mod or whatever so we'll see.

This is what we have so far (totally and completely subject to change as I see fit haha)

Dec 9: arrive 7:05am after flying all night (first time direct though!); DHS for the morning after picking up our MB (Canadian so they won't ship); nap once our room is ready and then DS to check out Jock's Hanger.
Dec 10: Epcot, possibly RD; 1pm ADR for Coral Reef and 5pm CP
Dec 11: RD AK; mid-day break; MK for fireworks
Dec 12: RD MK; 8pm ADR at Boma
Dec 13: Universal
Dec 14: RD MK; AK for ROL
Dec 15: Universal
Dec 16: RD Universal and head to the airport for our 5:35pm flight :(

I'm actually starting to consider getting MVMCP tix instead of park hoppers. We tend to overdo it a bit at the Parks trying to do everything and since we're going in knowing we're for sure going to be back once the Star Wars stuff opens, I'd like to take it a bit easier this time. Also I want to check out the resorts and their decorations so maybe booking more time for that is a good plan!

I booked my tours today! We'll do Caring for Giants at 11am on December 11th and the Yuletide Fantasy Tour on December 14th. Sadly Starlight Safari was already full for the two days I have available but I'll keep on trying.

Anyone else doing a tour?

Just switched our AK day so we can see Rivers of Light! We didn't see it in August because we were all exhausted by 9:15! Can't beat the 6:30 showtime listed for December!

So we're now doing the following:

Dec 1 - Arrive at POFQ
Dec 2 - Universal / Harry Potter Christmas
Dec 3 - Disney Springs - Homecoming Lunch / MVMCP - BOG Dinner
Dec 4 - Hollywood Studios - H&V Breakfast / 50's Dinner
Dec 5 - Animal Kingdom - Rainforest Cafe Breakfast
Dec 6 - Magic Kingdom - Liberty Tavern Lunch
Dec 7 - Magic Kingdom - CP Breakfast / BOG Lunch -- Hop to Epcot - Coral Reef Dinner
Dec 8 - Epcot - Akershus Breakfast / Candlelight Processional Package at Rose & Crown
Dec 9 - Check out of POFQ / Universal

First trip in December - booked specifically to soak up the holiday spirit ... It's only a short weekend before we let our APs expire. We will have been lucky to visit WDW multiple times this year before December rolls around.

My focus is probably MK and Epcot. We are staying at GF. I'm still unsure at this point whether to buy MVMCP tickets or not.

I'm unsure how to plan my days (the fact that I have not decided yeah or nay on the party doesn't help). First weekend in December
Sat - arrive MCO 8:50 am - may use MDE, usually rent a car - if we don't that makes the extra expense of the party easier to justify
Sun - party day, HS EMH morning (may ropedrop mainly because I want to go to Tune In Lounge for Christmas decorations - I would not use fp here
Mon - AK EMH morning - may go to see some of the characters in holiday outfits and to ropedrop FoP - would not use fp here
Tue - party day, depart MCO at 5:05 - if we do MDE, we may elect to use Uber to MCO so I don't have to leave as early as MDE makes you!

Must do's - MK at night, Epcot at night and general roaming the countries for holiday happenings, enjoy the atmosphere of GF
I do not care about Jingle Bam in HS
I would like to at least go to Wilderness Lodge to see the holiday decorations - I would also like to see AKL decorated (one of our favorite resorts), but I would likely only do this if we rent a car

Is Disney Springs a 'must do'? for the holidays - I am possibly thinking a meal at Homecoming (cocktails and apps may be preferable to committing to an ADR

Which days will MK and Epcot be most crowded?

Pros and Cons of the party? I do not fall into the category that we stop and see parades and fireworks - we only do them sometimes. But, that MVMCP does look festive!!

Also - our touring style is usually - park, break, park - is the break even necessary on such short days in December - what's the weather usually like? We went last January and had mid-80s weather, but I understand that was unusual.

Well I've made an executive decision about CLP for this year: I'm not doing it unless I change my mind at the very last minute while I'm at Epcot....I'm not really feeling 'it' this year...plus the fact the Neil Patrick Harris moved his dates to late Dec didn't help either...so I'm canceling my CLP ADRs I had booked (11/26 and 11/30, my two days at Epcot)...I'll still keep an eye on the narrators list to see who gets booked...who knows, maybe someone I really, really love might get booked...Julie Andrews, Rita Moreno, Chita Rivera, Kristin Chenoweth...plus I'm trying not to over-plan this trip since this will be my SO 1st Disney trip...he asked for a TAME, LOW-KEY, SLOW-PACED trip...plus he's not really a big Christmas kind of guy...so having him sit-thru a CLP might be a bit much...we'll just see how it goes once we're actually in the parks...

Hey there fellow Disney Christmasers! This is our first trip to WDW ever! We decided to go big and celebrate Christmas in the most magical place on earth! I've been dreaming of taking my kids to Disney since they were little. It's finally a reality and I can't begin to tell you how excited we are! There will be 4 of us. Myself, my daughter (25), my son and my daughter in law (both 24) will be staying in a cabin at Fort Wilderness from Dec 23- Dec 30.
We have booked Hoop-Dee-Doo and a sleigh ride and since we couldn't decide on just one restaurant in each park, we have lunch and dinner reservations in all 4 parks!!
We are so happy and excited We have already decided to do Disney Christmas every 4 years and shorter stays in the non Christmas years.

My husband and I decided to do a last minute trip to the happiest place on earth on Dec 14th-19th. I have never been there around Xmas and we are huge Xmas people. We are going to the party on 12/17. We can not wait, we are dvc staying at Saratoga springs( the only place available for the whole time). Now we are stalking flights, when we first looked they were 200 round trip for both of us. Overnight went up to 550 for both of us!! So we will keep stalking them lol!

Hello all! This will be my family's 6th trip together (my 10th :-)), our first in December and our first at Pop. We're planning on being there December 15-22 (maybe the 14th depending on flights). I've been stalking flights for a while now, but unfortunately, can't book yet, due to my husband applying for a job, and it's driving me crazy! :eek: Flights are quite a bit more expensive when we're going than when we usually go. Can't wait!

I was laying out so estimated plans for fireworks in each park for my December trip and noticed HS shows 8pm close yet Fantasmic is at 8:30 - granted I know a week before the park hours can and will likely change I wondered - if they didn't in this case - can I get into the park at 8pm just for Fantasmic? When do they stop allowing park entry

Just switched our AK day so we can see Rivers of Light! We didn't see it in August because we were all exhausted by 9:15! Can't beat the 6:30 showtime listed for December!

So we're now doing the following:

Dec 1 - Arrive at POFQ
Dec 2 - Universal / Harry Potter Christmas
Dec 3 - Disney Springs - Homecoming Lunch / MVMCP - BOG Dinner
Dec 4 - Hollywood Studios - H&V Breakfast / 50's Dinner
Dec 5 - Animal Kingdom - Rainforest Cafe Breakfast
Dec 6 - Magic Kingdom - Liberty Tavern Lunch
Dec 7 - Magic Kingdom - CP Breakfast / BOG Lunch -- Hop to Epcot - Coral Reef Dinner
Dec 8 - Epcot - Akershus Breakfast / Candlelight Processional Package at Rose & Crown
Dec 9 - Check out of POFQ / Universal

I'm going Dec 3-9 (early flight) and I'll be in the same places 4 out of 6 Disney days! Great minds think alike lol :yay:

They have added more CP announcers, of course not for any of the days we are going. :rolleyes:

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...unced-for-epcots-candlelight-processional.htm

Sunday is FastPass day for my F&W trip, after that, I can sit down and focus on our December trip. DH keeps adding on things he wants to do, not sure how we will fit it all in. :scared:

Thank you for the link and notice. I had been trying to watch for new narrators to be posted! Our dates are now posted. Warwick Davis or Trace Adkins. I may have to go to both shows!

Thank you for the link and notice. I had been trying to watch for new narrators to be posted! Our dates are now posted. Warwick Davis or Trace Adkins. I may have to go to both shows!
We're going to both Tracy Adkins and Neil Patrick Harris. I got really lucky with a 8am CP for Garden Grill that I just can't say no to and then NPH was announced for the 18th and I couldn't say no to Barney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter