***Official December 2017 thread!

52 days out. Still have to wait 50 days for a weather plan. I still think it will be shorts, Hawaiian shirt, and flip flop weather.

Don't underestimate mother nature. A few years ago (we lived in FL) and like Dec 12th it was in the 40's when I left my house to stand on a pier waiting for my husband to return from deployment) The high that day was in the low 60's.....come the day of christmas it was in the high 70's low 80's. My husband and I went in 2015 when we were living in Maryland at time and I still needed a long sleeve in the evening.

:santa::santa:56 DAYS! :santa::santa:

I remember being SO excited when we got under 100 days. Time has just FLOWN since then.
- ADRs are finalized, aside from hoping an early morning BOG breakfast will open up for December 10th.
- FPs are booked and we got everything we wanted. We may change some around if we can find earlier times for some of the most popular rides, like FOP and 7DMT.
- 100% paid in full - woooo what a fantastic feeling!
- I've got an ever-growing "must buy" list on Amazon, which I will probably cut in half once I actually start purchasing things :rolleyes:
- I'm planning our outfits for The Last Jedi premiere at Disney Springs - I am a female Han Solo and my husband is Chewbacca. Yay for non-traditional couples costumes! :love2:

I AM SO EXCITED! I feel like now is the time when the days will start passing soooo slowwwwww :rolleyes2

So excited! My grandson LOVES Stitch and have been trying through Tourin Plans to get an Ohana Breakfast on the day of his 10th birthday. It came across tonight and I was so sad when I didn't get it, but then got a text from my son that he had gotten the text as well from Tourin Plans and snagged it! YAY!!! I am going to have one excited grandson on his birthday.

Just booked our FP!!!!! (We're doing a few days at Universal before we check into Pop!)

Got everything we wanted!!!

Dec 14 (Party Night) - Jungle Cruise / Pirates of the Caribbean / Big Thunder Mountain
Dec 15 (HS) - Frozen Sing Along / Star Tours / Beauty & the Beast Live on Stage
Dec 16 (MK) - Haunted Mansion / Peter Pan / Seven Dwarves Mine Train
Dec 17 (AK) - Kilimanjaro Safari / Lion King Musical / Flight of Passage
Dec 18 (EP) - Mission Space / Seas with Nemo / Frozen Ever After
Dec 19 (EP) - Test Track / Figment / Character Spot

Woo Hoo!! 57 more days!!!

Last edited:

:santa::santa:56 DAYS! :santa::santa:

I remember being SO excited when we got under 100 days. Time has just FLOWN since then.
- ADRs are finalized, aside from hoping an early morning BOG breakfast will open up for December 10th.
- FPs are booked and we got everything we wanted. We may change some around if we can find earlier times for some of the most popular rides, like FOP and 7DMT.
- 100% paid in full - woooo what a fantastic feeling!
- I've got an ever-growing "must buy" list on Amazon, which I will probably cut in half once I actually start purchasing things :rolleyes:
- I'm planning our outfits for The Last Jedi premiere at Disney Springs - I am a female Han Solo and my husband is Chewbacca. Yay for non-traditional couples costumes! :love2:

I AM SO EXCITED! I feel like now is the time when the days will start passing soooo slowwwwww :rolleyes2
Will there be a premiere at Disney Springs? Just asking so I can change my plans for the day and not try to go to DS.

Will there be a premiere at Disney Springs? Just asking so I can change my plans for the day and not try to go to DS.

Yes, there's a premiere at DS AMC theater. Movie-goers don't have to wait in line for tickets or anything like the Force Awakens premiere, so maybe it won't be too insane?

Making our FPs on Thursday! Planning on the following:

Day 1 - Safari/Everest/Mickey and Minnie or NRJ if available (rope dropping HS during EMH so doing afternoon passes)
Day 2 - FEA/MS/SE
Day 3 - SDMT/SM/Peter Pan
Day 4 - FOP/Safari/Everest
Day 5 - SDMT/BTMRR/TBD

After this incredible whirlwind of a week of a broken nose, surgery, having to take our vacation time and thinking that we wouldn't be able to take our trip, to canceling our trip, to both of our bosses being AMAZING people, our trip is back on! AHHH!!! We are so excited but we have had to change a few things around since our original room/resort is not available any more and dining plans are all over the place. The one nice thing about this change is that we are arriving later that we thought on the 23rd and since there were no resorts for our whole trip available with that night we are going to stay at Hyatt in the airport that night and head to the ME early Christmas morning and now we are staying until the 1st! I still can't believe that this is happening and because everything was so up in the air (and is still to a point) we are not telling our kids until we leave to go to the airport what is happening! We have never done this as a complete surprise before and since they have been so awesome with the "change" that we had to do we thought we would try this. They may get a little curious as we told them we would take a shorter trip close by for the holiday, but since we would of had to pack for that too, it may work!

60 DAYS HOORAY!!!!! :cheer2:

Got every FP+ we wanted for 8 people for basically the times I wanted too and that was in spite of the Disney website crashing halfway through and me having to log back in (shocker, I know). Very glad the FP's are taken care of. Now......to wait!!!!!!popcorn::

60 DAYS HOORAY!!!!! :cheer2:

Got every FP+ we wanted for 8 people for basically the times I wanted too and that was in spite of the Disney website crashing halfway through and me having to log back in (shocker, I know). Very glad the FP's are taken care of. Now......to wait!!!!!!popcorn::

We are going the same time as you. The waiting is the worst part! There is nothing I can do now until its time to pack!! (Except get all of my holiday shopping done and wrapped before then because we get home 12/23.)

Hi Everyone! This is our first time going to WDW in December (we typically go end of September). Mostly excited to see all the holiday decorations and of course MVMCP. I think the only thing keeping me from fully relishing the countdown is being unsure of how to pack clothes wise for that time of year (Dec 9-16th). How is everyone packing?

Hi Everyone! This is our first time going to WDW in December (we typically go end of September). Mostly excited to see all the holiday decorations and of course MVMCP. I think the only thing keeping me from fully relishing the countdown is being unsure of how to pack clothes wise for that time of year (Dec 9-16th). How is everyone packing?
Hard to know until the trip is near. It can be very cold or very warm, but a safe bet is chilly at night and warm during the day.

Weather is tricky in December! We've been when it was in the 40's and when it was warm enough for shorts. Be prepared for all temps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!