***Official December 2017 thread!

3 more sleeps!! I'm over working at this point (because I've had to work since last Monday) but I have tons to do. Still need to buy some clothes to wear (yay for the weight loss but ugh to finding clothes), decorate our house for Xmas as it will be crazy busy for me when I get back, get some US money and actually pack! But I can't fricking wait.

Excited to be going next week and seeing the World decorated for Christmas! Last two times I've been it's been in the 90's and humid, I don't know how I'm going to handle Disney World in the 60's!!! :-) Coming from Chicago, seeing Main Street when it was snowing (for real!) would be pretty cool!

5 more days!!!! Suitcases are packed! Just have to purchase our case of water and snacks / food for the room. Have to go to the bank for $$ for the mouse keeping envelopes. I think that's all that's left to do!!!

With it looking like rain on Friday night will Jingle Jam still happen in the rain? I am hoping not to have to change all of our night times around due to shows being cancelled.

Two days!!! I'm running around like a chicken with no head, doing laundry and making another packing list and going through our first aid supplies, etc. And my sister is sick and waiting to hear back from the doctor..oy!!!

Made it to Universal today hung out at the Resort and City Walk. Ate at Cowfish. Super good. Have 3 days here then over to Disney (Home)!!! For 8 days.

As for AP upgrade for me it was so worth it. Will have been 4x this year and the 20% off perks have been great I probably won’t renew or get another one until after Star Wars opens. BUT if I lived closer I would get one every year!

Might I cry for a moment?

Had to cancel our December 11-20 trip due to financial difficulties.

Adulting is hard. :(

Trying to fund Spring tuition payments for 3 college students AND provide for Christmas has left us too cash poor to try and squeeze in a trip to Disney for Christmas.

BUT...our March trip is still on! 92 more days! There is that. lol

One.More.Day. I am feeling very zen. The packing is done, the money is counted, the suitcases are waiting in the downstairs hall. I am ready. I go to my sister's house to spend the night in a few hours, and then tomorrow we're off to the cold and rainy House of Mouse.

Might I cry for a moment?

Had to cancel our December 11-20 trip due to financial difficulties.

Adulting is hard. :(

Trying to fund Spring tuition payments for 3 college students AND provide for Christmas has left us too cash poor to try and squeeze in a trip to Disney for Christmas.

BUT...our March trip is still on! 92 more days! There is that. lol
Sorry you had to cancel, but it sounds like you have many other things to look forward to and be thankful for. Merry Christmas :cheer2:

Spent almost 2 hours on the phone with Disney yesterday re-arranging tickets since my SIL and nephew can't go with us now (yes, adulting is definitely hard!), and I had to turn their 2 1-day MK tickets into 1 2-day MYW ticket for a completely new person and then reassign fastpasses. OY!

However...

We leave in 2 WEEKS! Departure day is going to come roaring up on me....I can feel it. Honestly though? I'm so ready to get out of Michigan and somewhere [hopefully] warm for a couple of weeks; we are going to have at least a foot of snow by the end of the day today. I'm printing most of my trip stuff for each vehicle (3 vehicles for 1400mi each way...trying to keep things organized) and put the finishing touches on our touring plans, highlighting the important info in those and so on. Our Magic Bands will be here today or tomorrow (REALLY hoping for tomorrow since I picked up a job this afternoon and won't be home to intercept the mail from my 12yo before he gets off the bus.)

Weeeeee leaving tomorrow!!!!! Have not packed and need to do a couple of loads of laundry plus work today and tomorrow (overnight flight). I've come down with a cold or sinus infection so feel a bit crappy but fingers crossed this is as bad as it gets because I can handle it, especially being in Florida! Have now decided to pack scarfs and mitts though :/ Not ideal but we'll live!!

How cold is it getting? I just looked at several sources and the lowest low I saw was above 40F. Did I miss something? I've seen a few posts around the boards that read like it will be below 20F.

I even looked at the windchill forecasts...is it just that people are not accustomed to any kind of cold? My north is showing!

Single Digit Dance Today!!! Seriously so excited, but seriously have SO MUCH TO DO!!!!!!! AHHHH. Stalking the weather currently, snowing here in Indy this weekend so looking forward to getting out of the cold!!!!! :-) :dancer:

Single digit dance at my house too!
This weekend will be super busy getting Florida clothes picked out and packed PLUS making Christmas cookies and candies, because we’re getting home on the 23rd.
MagicBands, Disney gift cards, DME luggage tags and airport parking coupon are all in one place.
Submitted our Garden Grocer order (with 10% off) and finalized (please, God) my WDW Dec-17 spreadsheet last weekend.
I’m trying to do a little bit every night when I get home from work so I’m not up all night before our 5:40 am flight next Saturday.
CVS run tomorrow for Airborne gummies and Zicam. DH, DD and myself got sick on Thanksgiving and the cough is taking forever to let up. Definitely don’t want anyone to relapse.

Magic Bands for our 2nd week (offsite first week, AoA 2nd week) were delivered yesterday. DH got out of work early and it's a GOOD THING because my tracking number didn't say out for delivery at noon when I had to go to work and I thought they would be delivered today! Doing some last-minute vehicle juggling as the 15 passenger van my SIL was going to borrow got in a wreck this week, and we were planning on using that to pull a trailer with luggage for 15 people (and all the gifts my MIL can't keep herself from buying for all the grandkids.) I just have around 4 or 5 more touring plans to finish making, printing, highlighting, and filing. Going to start working on packing next week. EEEEE!

We leave tomorrow! And of course it decided to snow today. In Louisiana. What’s going on?! Lol
Almost have everything together and ready to go. Ready to spend my birthday with the Mouse! :mickeyjum

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!