***Official December 2017 thread!

I'm having such a hard time figuring out what to pack for next week. I guess pants and layered shirts, plus a jacket? I hope the lack of warmth will lower the crowds a bit. Haha!

The weather next week looks pretty good - Saturday is a bit chilly, but otherwise I was thinking it was great - although we're from Canada, it's going to be -15C (about 4F) when we leave here on Thursday. We're going to have shorts and sweaters, maybe some pants....

We just got back from a great week's stay at OKW. Everything was great except the buses. We spent about an entire day of bus waiting. Internal bus to OKW was slow, buses to most parks were slow. Epcot buses were the worst. I have to raise a complaint to Disney on this. The amount they charge per day and to lose almost one whole day bus waiting is horrible.

I'm having such a hard time figuring out what to pack for next week. I guess pants and layered shirts, plus a jacket? I hope the lack of warmth will lower the crowds a bit. Haha!

I'm heading down next Monday and packed everything: shorts, leggings, tshirts, long sleeves. I'm coming from the mid-west and I'll be wearing jeans, a sweatshirt, and jacket on the way down.

We just got back from a great week's stay at OKW. Everything was great except the buses. We spent about an entire day of bus waiting. Internal bus to OKW was slow, buses to most parks were slow. Epcot buses were the worst. I have to raise a complaint to Disney on this. The amount they charge per day and to lose almost one whole day bus waiting is horrible.

I was there last week and completely agree with you about the busses.Thankfully, I was staying at the Swan and the boats were great.

Oooo the Christmas Resort pin thing sounds fun! Are you referring to the pins that look like presents and say “Happy Holidays 2017?”
Yes. They each have a character that slides out of the present. You can see them all at Disneyparksmerchandise.com

Will be in the air headed to Orlando in less than 72 hours. Can't wait!

And as an added bonus I was able to move up our BOG Breakfast reservations from 8:30 to 8:00! :yay:

We leave in just over 7 days, and I am taking a kid to the doctor's office today. The youngest has a nice chest cough going (which I think has branched into an ear infection), and the older 2 are complaning of bad headaches. I just *KNOW* I'm going to get whatever crud they brought home from school this weekend and be a sick grouch while I'm supposed to be packing.

I really wish they could figure out what the weather is going to be like temperature-wise while we are there. Last week the extended forecast was showing mid-60s. This week it's showing upper 70s and low 80s for the first half, and then low 70s for the rest. That's a HUGE difference in what to pack.

I’m cross-posting this here:

I’m giving away 2 tickets to the Star Wars Marathon at AMC Disney Springs 24 starting tonight (12/13) at 10 PM. If anyone wants them (or knows anyone who does), they can message me and I’ll send them to them!

I’ll update this post when they’re taken.

Edit: tickets have been given out!

Last edited:
We got back last Friday and had a blast! We realize that MVMCP isn’t worth it to do again but worth it to try once.
Stayed AKL and loved the resort. So much detail in that resort. Rented a car and it was a waste of time. My dd and I would take bus while dh and Little dd would drive and we would aslways beat them.
We always did park hopper but this year we did base ticket and regret that for sure. There were times we wanted to leave one park and head to another because we were in the mood for something else. We also wanted to hit Epcot at night for a couple hours but couldn’t.
Only complaint I wish I could give Disney is on the flight of passage ride (which was unbelievable by the way) they should have a Velcro strap on the glasses or make child size glasses. They were too big for my head let alone my 9 year olds and they kept falling off her since you have to look down so she lost some of the experience. Does anyone know how I can suggest that to them !?
Other than that the weather was superb and as always it was a great trip.
Next trip will be with my whole family (12 of us) and we might have to go August in the sweltering weather!

We got back last Friday and had a blast! We realize that MVMCP isn’t worth it to do again but worth it to try once.
Stayed AKL and loved the resort. So much detail in that resort. Rented a car and it was a waste of time. My dd and I would take bus while dh and Little dd would drive and we would aslways beat them.
We always did park hopper but this year we did base ticket and regret that for sure. There were times we wanted to leave one park and head to another because we were in the mood for something else. We also wanted to hit Epcot at night for a couple hours but couldn’t.
Only complaint I wish I could give Disney is on the flight of passage ride (which was unbelievable by the way) they should have a Velcro strap on the glasses or make child size glasses. They were too big for my head let alone my 9 year olds and they kept falling off her since you have to look down so she lost some of the experience. Does anyone know how I can suggest that to them !?
Other than that the weather was superb and as always it was a great trip.
Next trip will be with my whole family (12 of us) and we might have to go August in the sweltering weather!

From what I've heard from many others here on the board is that they are working on improving the glasses. Far too many complaints for Disney not to improve on them.

I'm not sure if it's hit me yet that I'm going to Disney. I only booked this trip in the beginning of November. I'm used to having months to plan and wait, so it's like the anticipation builds. But now it's Thursday and I'll be at Disney on Monday. It doesn't seem real.

11 days! Heading down on Christmas day for 10 days and I have way too much to do. My husband and I took on the challenge of hosting Christmas Eve dinner for 14 people (mind you, we need to be at the airport at 6am the next day) which means I need to get packing done this weekend. Wish me luck!

From what I've heard from many others here on the board is that they are working on improving the glasses. Far too many complaints for Disney not to improve on them.
Oh ok. Didn’t even know anyone else thought that too. Wish I knew ways I can give feedback. I took a survey about my stay at AKL and the food but nothing was asked about the rides.

11 days! Heading down on Christmas day for 10 days and I have way too much to do. My husband and I took on the challenge of hosting Christmas Eve dinner for 14 people (mind you, we need to be at the airport at 6am the next day) which means I need to get packing done this weekend. Wish me luck!
Lol. I was at the ER the night before (just small infection) our trip and needed to get to the airport early too. My husband was panicking because he waiting until that night to pack. Told him that it pays to pack a month in advance like me!

Got back yesterday and had a great trip. I really enjoyed the Jingle Bam at Hollywood Studios the most. We did the Christmas Party on Dec 10th and thought it was great but we didn't make much of a plan for it. We had dinner at Grand Floridian Cafe at 5 PM and was out of dinner around 6:30. Went to go to get on the monorail to see a line of about 50 people deep. Went to the boat to get on and take that. Got into the party around 7:30 due to the monorail problems. Still enjoyed ourselves and my sister got the pictures with santa goofy and scrooge that she wanted. Overall it was a great trip. The coldest night time trip I have been on for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!