** Official DLR December 2020 Check-In **

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsumgirl

DIS Veteran
I know this is pretty early, but I'm ready for some Christmas cheer! I'll be doing a solo holiday trip Dec. 13-19, staying at the Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites. Feel free to post your travel dates and where you'll be staying, and as well as any events you come across. I'll do my best to keep this page updated.

***Please see News Articles with red dates for the latest DTD and SoCal updates regarding closures and the Stay-At-Home public health order.***

Link to CA Stay-at-Home Dashboard

December Happenings:

12/10-18 Hanukkah
12/25 Christmas Day - DTD & BVS CLOSED
12/26-1/1 Kwanzaa
12/31 New Year's Eve

Breakfast with Santa at Catal Restaurant - CANCELLED

NEWS!!

News Update 12/6/2020:
What the Stay-At-Home Order Means for Southern California

News Update 12/5/2020:
Select DTD Dining Locations Closing Dec. 7
More Retail Opening at DTD as Dining Closes

News Update 12/4/2020:
VGC Reopening Delayed

News Update 12/4/2020:
CA Health Officials Announce a Regional Stay-at-Home Order

News Update 12/3/2020:
Knott's Berry Farm Christmas Take Home Dinners

News Update 11/28/2020:
LISTING OF DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH PRESS RELEASES (lacounty.gov)

News Update 11/17/2020:
No Handmade Candy Canes at Disneyland in 2020

News Update 11/9/2020:
VGC to Reopen on Dec. 6th

News Update 11/5/2020:
Buena Vista Street Opens Nov. 19, Extending Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort

News Update 10/27/2020:
Taste of Merry Farm @ Knott's Berry Farm

News Update 10/24/2020:
Breakfast with Santa - Catal Restaurant

News Update 10/23/2020:
More Shopping, More Dining! Coming Soon: Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort Extends to Buena Vista Street

News Update 7/26/2020:
Christmas in July: First Look at Merry New Holiday-Themed Products

News Update 7/15/20:
The 2021 Rose Parade has been cancelled

DLR Update 7/7/20:
Disney Parks Commitment to Health & Safety Measures

DLR Update 6/24/20:
Disneyland Resort Pushes Back Reopening for Theme Parks and Hotels

DLR Update 6/10/20:
Disneyland Resort Proposes Plans to Begin Phased Reopening July 9, with Proposed Reopening

Update on Disneyland Resort Operations

DLR Update 5/05/20:
A Message about Disney Parks from Chief Medical Officer Dr. Pamela Hymel

DLR Reopening Resources:

Disneyland Official Site for Reopening Information:
DISboards DLR Superthread:
Useful Planning Resources:
2019 Holiday Time at DLR Superthread: 11/08/19 - 1/06/20!
2020 Calendar of Events & School Breaks and DLR
A DLR Guide for WDW Vets
Maxpass/Fastpass Superthread: An Overview and Some Strategy
How To" Guide For Riding Rise of the Resistance at DL - No Spoilers - Please Read Post #1!!!. (This is now post #4 on page one of the Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*.)

Last edited:
December Travelers:

11/29-12/5 Kristin Weiss
12/1-6 Katiedid33
12/1-6 thenicefamily PPH
12/1-6 Dalton5 Fairfield
12/2-6 figmentfinesse Tropicana
12/2-7 TikiTikiFan GCH
12/4-5 Winnowill Portofino
12/4-8 abent Fairfield Inn
12/6-9 kinhops VGC
12/6-10 PRomano PPH
12/6-12 AJB091108 GCH
12/7-11 BrokeMack GCH
12/10-16 emacat DLH
12/11-14 mickeycharles
12/11-17 tlcdoula DI&S
12/11-22 jackieleanne
12/12-26 Janemall Worldmark Anaheim
12/13-18 MissCecelia
12/13-19 tsumgirl DI&S
12/14-22 bardays Westin
12/15-19 GoofyforDisney3 Fairfield
12/17-21 harrisonsmomma PPH
12/18-21 MikeRx GCH
12/18-22 Cal-Pie BW Anaheim Inn
12/18-22 mrsw94 BWPPI
12/19-22 disneydreamer74 Embassy Suites South
12/20-26 puppytrainer BWPPI
12/24-30 Dmarks15 VGC/DLH
12/25 crystal1313
12/27-29 nursemelis374 DLH
12/27-1/1 rmonty02 VGC
12/28-1/1 Pacific Northwest Candy Cane Inn
12/28-1/1 luv2tvl BWPPI
12/28-1/2 EddieK76 Portofino

Last edited:
Thank you for starting this thread! :) So excited for Holiday Time, especially with all the craziness that's going on now...
Exactly! I'm happy to drown myself in speculation about what this year's holiday season will bring. I wouldn't mind a few rides on IASW Holiday right about now, too. Thank goodness for Youtube :love:

Exactly! I'm happy to drown myself in speculation about what this year's holiday season will bring. I wouldn't mind a few rides on IASW Holiday right about now, too. Thank goodness for Youtube :love:
Totally! Just the thought of the castle lighting brings tears right now. We skipped our annual Holiday Time palooza last year because I was sick (with a URI!), so this year will be extra special for many reasons!

Totally! Just the thought of the castle lighting brings tears right now. We skipped our annual Holiday Time palooza last year because I was sick (with a URI!), so this year will be extra special for many reasons!
Oh my! I'm glad you recovered, but missing the DL holidays had to be rough! Here's to a good holiday season for you this year🥂

It’s our first Christmas time trip! My group of 9 will be there the week before Christmas. DVC room booked, flights booked, tickets bought. Just waiting now.

I moved my last week's trip to Dec 6-10. I haven't booked airfare yet. I have to use my delta credit.

I moved my last week's trip to Dec 6-10. I haven't booked airfare yet. I have to use my delta credit.
I've got you added! Feel free to post your hotel if you'd like and I'll get that updated.

It’s our first Christmas time trip! My group of 9 will be there the week before Christmas. DVC room booked, flights booked, tickets bought. Just waiting now.
Exciting! Feel free to post your dates, and I'll get you added.

Dec 14-22 for us
Booked at the new Westin but have not booked airfare.
We need a little Disney!!

Dec 14-22 for us
Booked at the new Westin but have not booked airfare.
We need a little Disney!!
I've added you! Please let us know what you think of the Westin. I'm so excited that there will be more hotel options soon.

I have been to WDW twice at Christmas, but never DL. Excited, hopefully this trip will happen. I am in the midst of rescheduling a WDW trip because the wedding we are going to is being rescheduled.

Yay! Hopefully this will be a trip that won’t get canceled this year...Grand California VGC 12/27-1/1. We’ve done show dinner packages in the past during Thanksgiving. Any ideas for something new? (It’s me, DH, DS15, DS13)

Yay! Hopefully this will be a trip that won’t get canceled this year...Grand California VGC 12/27-1/1. We’ve done show dinner packages in the past during Thanksgiving. Any ideas for something new? (It’s me, DH, DS15, DS13)
Have you done the WOC Dessert Party for the holiday show, "Season of Light"? That is always a fun holiday treat!

Have you done the WOC Dessert Party for the holiday show, "Season of Light"? That is always a fun holiday treat!

I may just have to do this! We did a dessert party at WDW before being led to our designated area to watch the show which I didn't like too much. This would be a huge dessert splurge and as you say "fun holiday treat":) That's now on my research list-New Years Midnight WOC Dessert Party? :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!