Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Last week I ordered a Stitch themed mini cake for delivery to Ohana from Pat at Grand Floridian in April. She was very friendly and helpful and the process was easy. She asked for my credit card and said I would be charge right away and the charge would appear from 1900 Park Fare. I just checked and I have been charged. From other posts I've seen on this thread, everything I've read said they will ask for a credit card but the charge would actually come on the meal bill. This is fine by me - just wondered if this is now what's happening. I'd hate to get to the restaurant and have the charge appear on my bill and have to prove that I've already paid. I think I will print my credit card statement and bring it in case.

In October, I had a cake delivered to the Poly from GF and I had been charged at the time of order. No further charges for the cake appeared on my bill (we ate at Kona).

So I posted a while back about trying to get a Baby Groot inspired flower pot cake for my mom for her birthday in April. Long story short, I had no such luck with Contemporary resort/The woman at WL where I was hoping to get the cake delivered. They said they couldn't do a flower pot cake which honestly I was very shocked by, as it seemed like such a simple request once I removed the actual Baby Groot character issue.
I decided I had one last shot which was to call the GF and see if I could convince them to make it and let me either pick it up or get it delivered to WL for an added fee. Let me just say the woman who does the cake orders there (I believe her name is Pat?) is SO WONDERFUL. She pulled through for me and got special permission to make my cake and allow me to pick it up. She repeated over and over how sorry she was for the terrible experience I had with WL/Contempo cake lines. I'm SO excited my mom will get her perfect cake for her birthday next month! I will be sure to post pictures when we get it.

Additionally, we are staying at YC this weekend for our 1 year anniversary, and my husband and I are getting a mini-replica of our entire cake made. I will be sure to post pics on Saturday after it is delivered to our dinner reservation! :jumping1:

This is fantastic! I'm so glad it worked out for you!

Here’s one from a Disney Bridal Showcase!

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

And from a Disney wedding....

09565ABB-42A9-40E4-800D-6E401EA8457D_zps0qwdtbn8.jpeg
Thank you! I love those designs!

Does anyone happen to know what customization is now allowed for cakes delivered to Tusker House? I know the fondant option is gone, but do they do customization on the buttercream cakes, or is it mostly stock like cakes? I want to get a custom cake for my mother in law on mother's day, but with the restrictions in park now, I'm not sure what I'll be able to do.

Thanks so much!

Anyone have any recent experience with the Swan and Dolphin pastry team? I have a friend planning at Dec trip and she wants to do a cake at the Garden Grove.

My husband and I are headed back to Disney World for our anniversary in May. I'd love to surprise him with a mini cake at our Ohana dinner since he's not a fan of bread pudding. Looking for Star Wars or Genie ideas for a mini cake or possibly a 6 inch. Thanks!

Does anyone happen to know what customization is now allowed for cakes delivered to Tusker House? I know the fondant option is gone, but do they do customization on the buttercream cakes, or is it mostly stock like cakes? I want to get a custom cake for my mother in law on mother's day, but with the restrictions in park now, I'm not sure what I'll be able to do.

Thanks so much!

There are no park-specific cake restrictions anywhere but the Magic Kingdom. Epcot, for example, still offers fondant-covered cakes. You'll need to call the number for Animal Kingdom in Post #2 to see what options they give you. AFAIK they're still getting their cakes from Hollywood Studios, which can execute only very basic custom cakes.

Just started the process of ordering cake #3 at WDW. We are staying at Copper Creek on our trip but I opted to go with AKL as we have dinner reservations at Jiko for DH's birthday and I was happy with the cake we got there last time.

I got an email contact right away and sent pictures of what I am looking for - a Jack Skellington cake. I'm now waiting to see if it can be done and if so, cost. I will report back on how it goes.
I will be ordering a cake for Jiko in May, for my husbands birthday. I will be following along to see how you make out!

I've skimmed through 3 of the past cake chatter threads tonight. Fireworks themed cakes seem to be rather hit or miss for Disney, oddly enough. I found this pic as inspiration. Any ideas on the magic words to successfully translate this picture into cake? I'll believe I'll be working with Pat since it'll be for Ohana dinner. Budget is around $100.

I'll also post the other fireworks themed ones that I've found in various posts to save others looking for similar cakes some time. :-)

Attachments

• fireworks inspiration.jpg
    fireworks inspiration.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 226
  • Fireworks Cake.jpg
    Fireworks Cake.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 240
  • FireworksCake2.jpg
    FireworksCake2.jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 250
  • fireworks cake2.jpg
    fireworks cake2.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 243
We got our mini-replica of our wedding cake delivered to Yachtsman’s Steakhouse last night! It was seriously amazing what they did and how close to the original it looked. $75, fondant-covered, and I had custom flavors- chocolate with The Grey Stuff for the top and Vanilla with Hazlenut Crunch for the bottom! The team seriously outdid themselves and my husband was SO surprised! First photo is a photo of our wedding cake for reference!
2B5F50B2-8673-4AEF-B023-748EC208D85C.jpeg View attachment 388721 View attachment 388722 View attachment 388723 D37AE8CE-3D0D-4ECC-B8CF-3BDCD36D6006.jpeg 197D88D8-5F2D-4E04-A674-90370F2092C5.jpeg [ATTACH=full

Attachments

• 4F4E1DBC-D090-499E-8AFC-8B451AA663F5.jpeg
    4F4E1DBC-D090-499E-8AFC-8B451AA663F5.jpeg
    57.3 KB · Views: 30
I forgot to share when we got back but this is a haunted mansion themed cake I had ordered from Yacht club (delivery to room) for Father’s Day this past summer. It was chocolate cake with buttercream frosting. I had told them when I ordered that I didn’t want to spend more than $100 and it came in a little less than that, like $98.

8E6B9A94-89DA-4359-AEAD-A0F4E6CCECB7.jpeg

My daughter was looking through photos of her surprise trip celebrating her 5th Bday from last September and I realized I never shared cake photos. We ordered from Contemporary to b delivered @ Chef Mickey’s approximately 2 weeks before trip. I was a bit nervous bc I gave them the freedom to design it however their hearts desired. Let me remind u this was during the new hire transition. I’m pleased to say we were more than happy and Elle absolutely adored it!

It’s hard to see n the picture, but the entire cake was sprinkled w/ an irridescent edible glitter. It made it very sparkly and pretty.

51CD5F5A-535D-4C1C-9A75-F9E39952B20C.jpeg

Attachments

• 53834479-9CB2-4790-8365-AA94109A1577.jpeg
    53834479-9CB2-4790-8365-AA94109A1577.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 73
Update to my cake order from last week after the awkward private dining call.

I was able to call and discuss the price breakdown with the cake coordinator I was e-mailing with at Yacht & Beach Club. She was confident that my new design should fall within my "budget" for each cake. (I do not really have a budget, but I want them to be reasonably priced since I am ordering 2). I have sent off the updated images and requests and am waiting to hear via e-mail once the pastry team reviews it. After the design and price are confirmed in writing, I will call back to officially place the order.

I know different cake flavors and fillings comes up quite often. As @lurkyloo has mentioned, the Yacht & Beach Club team has been very easy going. They are allowing me to do a "custom flavor" on each mini cake for an additional $10 per cake. No questions asked when I inquired about a churro cake with white chocolate-cinnamon mousse and milk chocolate feuilletine and a yellow cake with chocolate chips and cannoli cream filling.

My husband and I are headed back to Disney World for our anniversary in May. I'd love to surprise him with a mini cake at our Ohana dinner since he's not a fan of bread pudding. Looking for Star Wars or Genie ideas for a mini cake or possibly a 6 inch. Thanks!
I got a yoda mini cake from YC/BC - it was two years ago. They did a screen print of yoda and a cool swamp-themed cake. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Here's my favorite of the cakes from my last trip! I still can't get over the incredible details created by Chef Jessie at the Yacht & Beach Club!

• What: Coco/Dia de los Muertos mini cake
  • Where: Yacht & Beach Club
  • When: March 1, 2019
  • Flavors: Red velvet cake with cream cheese buttercream frosting
  • Price: $96 + $3 Private Dining delivery fee and 18% service charge
I've seen a lot of requests for Coco-themed cakes lately, so I wanted to see what the Yacht & Beach Club could come up with. As usual, they told me they couldn't do an actual Coco theme due to legal blah blah blah, but they were happy to do a generic Dia de los Muertos theme. The only direction I gave them was that it had to light up and I wanted it to be "the most amazing mini cake you've ever created"—which the guy taking my order wrote into my cake order form verbatim! :rotfl:

The quote that came back was $96 with a light-up skull or $86 with no light and flowers, so of course I went for the skull! This is what I got...

IMG_0968_zpsctzfjxbo.jpg

IMG_0971_zpsd1hytfgx.jpg

IMG_0972_zps9yqta0xf.jpg

IMG_0973_zpsmlwsytih.jpg

IMG_0974_zpsrxemlshv.jpg

IMG_0975_zps6oazi2xg.jpg

IMG_0969_zpslecqyrv0.jpg

IMG_0978_zpsse4bywmd.jpg

IMG_0981_zpsyelkpsb6.jpg

IMG_0983_zpsvt7ucsjt.jpg

The private dining cast member who set the cake up for me picked out the plates himself and did a fantastic job with presentation. He also told me it was Chef Jessie who created the cake, and, man, I wish I could shake her hand! The amount of detail work she did was unbelievable—look at those tiny fondant candles! And the sacred hearts and papel picado? Plus that intricate detail on the skull?! I could barely bring myself to cut into it! But of course I did... :teeth:

Overall, my two recent experiences ordering custom cakes from Yacht & Beach Club have been the best in years. They have a dedicated number for submitting an order, they have talented staff to fulfill your requests, they respond in a timely manner, they execute exactly what you've ordered, and they are quite accommodating of special requests. I wish all the Deluxe resorts were this on-the-ball!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!