Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

I checked the first page, but it's not clear on the link provided. Do I email MK Cakes for the Cinderella Slipper dessert at CRT? I will love to get it for my daughter!

Just had my cakes delivered to Citricos’s. One was the “big” one. 10 inch as we had 16 people. Way too much cake. It was $100.00. Then I ordered a tiny cake which had a white chocolate Buzz Lightyear behind it. My husband took that from the side so it’s a bad picture. Cake was very good and the buttercream wasn’t overly sweet.
C6B5A56F-FEC0-487B-A40A-96A90645D7F6.jpeg48D1EE72-0ABA-4902-920C-D2E535F19EE5.jpeg59AD682F-197D-40A3-8729-908344A1C21B.jpeg59BAE4C4-9475-4DCD-B712-14372C101D34.jpeg

We are huge SW and dwarf fans and just got reservations for the Artist Point Storybook Dining w SW. Since DD's bday is coming up, does anyone have suggestions for a SW/dwarf inspired cake?
This is the one that I had at Ohana last year and loved it but don't think I should repeat the same one:
https://www.disboards.com/attachments/1d500842-c769-439e-a4b9-e699371e7600-jpeg.341462/
That cake is adorable!!

Could you maybe do a dwarf style but add Chewbacca's strap on the "chest"?

Has anyone worked the the YC/BC bakery recently and had something where they needed to put in a request for art approval? (can't recall the exact term they used) I had this come up with a cake I tried to order in 2015. They didn't have what I wanted, but said they could put in a request for new art for an edible image, but it would take at least 30 days. I want something like what's in my sketch below, but the closest thing I've seen in past cakes was a rather stationary looking White Rabbit. This is a run trip and our costumes are all Alice themed, so I'm hoping to find one with a character in motion. The topper part of the sketch came from a scene I froze just as Alice is about to chase the rabbit down the hole.

49025510621_13d3355223_z.jpg

In any event, just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this of late. Alternately, has anyone gotten any Alice themed cakes that show a character running in the edible image? It does not have to be the White Rabbit, but really trying to incorporate that run look.

I spoke with Yamira at Yacht & Beach Private Dining about a birthday cake for my wife at Yachtsman Steakhouse on Dec 23rd – she was very responsive with email pics of available options and received price quote all in less than 24 hours!!

Details of the cake ordered - 8” Chocolate cake, dark choc mousse filling & chocolate buttercream icing. Mickey Statue with gold accents for cake topper. Inscription of “Happy Birthday” in Gold on scroll. $75.00

Has anyone worked the the YC/BC bakery recently and had something where they needed to put in a request for art approval? (can't recall the exact term they used) I had this come up with a cake I tried to order in 2015. They didn't have what I wanted, but said they could put in a request for new art for an edible image, but it would take at least 30 days. I want something like what's in my sketch below, but the closest thing I've seen in past cakes was a rather stationary looking White Rabbit. This is a run trip and our costumes are all Alice themed, so I'm hoping to find one with a character in motion. The topper part of the sketch came from a scene I froze just as Alice is about to chase the rabbit down the hole.

49025510621_13d3355223_z.jpg

In any event, just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this of late. Alternately, has anyone gotten any Alice themed cakes that show a character running in the edible image? It does not have to be the White Rabbit, but really trying to incorporate that run look.

Going to have to wait a bit on my quote, but I started the order process today. As luck would have it, they had not one, but TWO White Rabbit edible images with him in a running motion. The one I went with has him with left leg leading like my sketch, but his glasses are flying off of his head. That sounded cuter than the stationary glasses in my sketch :) While they have to wait to see if the bakery is willing to accommodate my flavor requests, I'm trying for orange cake with passion fruit mousse since it sounds kind of breakfast-like to me. Not that non-breakfast flavors ever stopped me from having cake with breakfast. :rotfl2:

Made my 1st attempt to contact Cali Grill for my cake and upon hearing my request for “private dining” I was promptly transferred to...room service...argh! I will try again just wanted to vent...Epcot ordering was easy! Left a message so we will see what happens next...

Made my 1st attempt to contact Cali Grill for my cake and upon hearing my request for “private dining” I was promptly transferred to...room service...argh! I will try again just wanted to vent...Epcot ordering was easy! Left a message so we will see what happens next...

At Disney resorts, "Private Dining" and "Room Service" are the same thing. That IS who you need to speak to in order to place a cake order for California Grill, not the restaurant.

At Disney resorts, "Private Dining" and "Room Service" are the same thing. That IS who you need to speak to in order to place a cake order for California Grill, not the restaurant.
Glad I came back here when I thought it was funny. I have had success on both cake fronts today. Epcot, ordering a Christmas themed mini cake, flavors and frosting were limited to vanilla/chocolate so my choice is all vanilla. Still waiting on a quote but I sent a picture of one I found here that I absolutely loved. Cali Grill-success on the Private Dining line. I spoke to Jessica who initially gave me the same Epcot options but then said or would you like something special? So Churro flavor with praline crunch mousse-yes please! This one I am still nervous about...I requested a base mini cake in mad hatter colors-light green with a dark green band and a cheshire cat top (pink with purple band) and possibly just the cheshire cat grin on top...she knew they could not do the grin and recommended an image instead. We then discussed adding the white rabbit as an element so we decided the top layer would have the cheshire cat as an image wrap with an image of the white rabbit on top. Jessica spoke to the bakery who told her that they could not do what we were asking and that the fondant would have to be marbled...so we will see what it looks like. Quote is $90.

I'm going to post this on the BC resort page too but here's my question/idea - I was thinking of booking one of the new pool cabanas at the beach club for a day for our stay in April. Do you think if I ordered a cake they would deliver it to the cabana? Any idea how to order it? It says they will deliver food to the cabana so I wonder if I ordered a cake they would deliver it? I'm taking my parents for their 50th anniversary and thought this could be a good surprise. Thanks!

@blackpearl77 Yes. The same service that delivers food (Private Dining) is the one that delivers cakes. The phone number is in Post # 2 of this thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!