Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

In March of this year I had ordered a cake to be delivered to us at Mama Melrose- worked out great- was delicious and I loved how it looked. My bff and her family are doing their first Disney trip in December 2020. They are currently booked at POR. Is there anyway for me to have a cake delivered to their resort as a surprise where I pay for it over the phone? When I did the one this year I paid at the restaurant. Thanks!

Taking my mother to afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian for mothers day this year - would they allow a cake to be ordered/delivered for this occasion or do they not follow the typical cake rules? Thinking a 2 tier mini cake would be nice - don't love their standard tea dessert offerings.

Taking my mother to afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian for mothers day this year - would they allow a cake to be ordered/delivered for this occasion or do they not follow the typical cake rules? Thinking a 2 tier mini cake would be nice - don't love their standard tea dessert offerings.

Yes you can totally order a cake to tea - several have been posted here that were delivered to tea.

In March of this year I had ordered a cake to be delivered to us at Mama Melrose- worked out great- was delicious and I loved how it looked. My bff and her family are doing their first Disney trip in December 2020. They are currently booked at POR. Is there anyway for me to have a cake delivered to their resort as a surprise where I pay for it over the phone? When I did the one this year I paid at the restaurant. Thanks!

You can sure try, but there are many ways it can go wrong.... First, it’s super-tricky just getting ahold of someone at POR to place your order. Second, they may take your credit card info but still accidentally charge the room. Third, they usually make you pick up the cake at the table-service restaurant there, so your BFF would need to know to go get it. Even if they say they can deliver it to the room, they might forget and, if you haven’t warned your BFF, s/he will not know there’s a missing cake. Just some of the complications I’ve seen over the years....

Yes you can! I had a two tier mini cake delivered at the end of our tea this past summer. We ordered thru Pat at GF. The info is on the first page. I had a vision in mind e I called and Pat was great to work with. My daughter loved it!

Just an FYI on the chocolate slipper dessert at CRT. It was $15 when I ordered one this summer. I remember thinking that was a bargain by Disney standards and I think they read my mind. I just emailed to order one for our trip next week and found it it's now $19 and can no longer be personalized. :(

I spoke with Yamira at Yacht & Beach Private Dining about a birthday cake for my wife at Yachtsman Steakhouse on Dec 23rd – she was very responsive with email pics of available options and received price quote all in less than 24 hours!!

Details of the cake ordered - 8” Chocolate cake, dark choc mousse filling & chocolate buttercream icing. Mickey Statue with gold accents for cake topper. Inscription of “Happy Birthday” in Gold on scroll. $75.00

The cake looked awesome and was the best tasting cake we have ever had!!

DSC00541-1.jpg

If I order a celebration cake for my friend’s first trip/birthday is there anyway to have a note included with it? I’d like to include a short note wishing them happy birthday and so they know who it’s from.

Hi everyone. I'm searching for ideas for my son's 16th birthday trip. We'll be there several days & I'm thinking of perhaps a few deliveries at restaurants. Some days we'll have a group, so a regular cake might be in order. Other days it would just be the 3 of us, so maybe a mini cake or personal-sized treat would be better just for him. I'm not sure why, but I've been scrolling through this thread for about 20 pages & most of the images I can't see (it says not available in photobucket). I was able to see 1 picture that showed an "oops" dessert that they made when I cake was lost. It was a chocolate figure with writing on a board & truffles or macarons. I love the idea of something different like that. He loves Star Wars, particularly R2, but I think he'd find things like the monorail, or spaceship earth, or a ride, etc. interesting too. Do you have any photos or website that I might be able to see for inspiration & tips on how to get things like this? Help is much appreciated!

Hi everyone. I'm searching for ideas for my son's 16th birthday trip. We'll be there several days & I'm thinking of perhaps a few deliveries at restaurants. Some days we'll have a group, so a regular cake might be in order. Other days it would just be the 3 of us, so maybe a mini cake or personal-sized treat would be better just for him. I'm not sure why, but I've been scrolling through this thread for about 20 pages & most of the images I can't see (it says not available in photobucket). I was able to see 1 picture that showed an "oops" dessert that they made when I cake was lost. It was a chocolate figure with writing on a board & truffles or macarons. I love the idea of something different like that. He loves Star Wars, particularly R2, but I think he'd find things like the monorail, or spaceship earth, or a ride, etc. interesting too. Do you have any photos or website that I might be able to see for inspiration & tips on how to get things like this? Help is much appreciated!

Most DISers host their photos on Photobucket, which had a service outage a few weeks ago and claims to still be working to restore photo access for a "small group" of users (which somehow happens to include almost everyone on this thread :rolleyes: ). Once that's up again, you'll see all the photos.

In the meantime, I have an older Flickr account with multiple albums containing a ton of cake thread photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lurkyloo/albums

If I order a celebration cake for my friend’s first trip/birthday is there anyway to have a note included with it? I’d like to include a short note wishing them happy birthday and so they know who it’s from.

I have never seen them do this and, considering how often they screw up cakes for people who order the cake themselves and know to expect one, I would not recommend attempting to surprise anyone with a cake. Most of us have to request our cakes from the server, so if your friend doesn't know to even ask, it is likely s/he will never get the cake.

Hello all! I just have a few questions! I just placed an order through Yacht & Beach club private dining to have a cake delivered to Riviera! (So excited!!) My question is should I be expecting to receive a confirmation email? They did not give me a confirmation number and I was told my card would not be charged until the day of delivery so I'm just wondering how I know my order went through...(I definitely plan to call a day or two prior to confirm). Also, if the cake is being delivered to my resort room do we need to be present or will they be able to leave it in the room for it to be there when we return? Thanks in advance! 2 more weeks until we are home!!

Any pics of pandora inspired cakes? My son asked to go to "avatar" for his birthday and I'd like to surprise him with a cool cake.

Any pics of pandora inspired cakes? My son asked to go to "avatar" for his birthday and I'd like to surprise him with a cool cake.
I requested a pandora like theme and was told they can't do. We ended up with with a fondant in dark blue with flowers requesting succulents, which they said they couldn't do but then did. I'll try to locate a picture.

Oh
I requested a pandora like theme and was told they can't do. We ended up with with a fondant in dark blue with flowers requesting succulents, which they said they couldn't do but then did. I'll try to locate a picture.
darn thanks! I wonder how close they are able to get

Hello all! I just have a few questions! I just placed an order through Yacht & Beach club private dining to have a cake delivered to Riviera! (So excited!!) My question is should I be expecting to receive a confirmation email? They did not give me a confirmation number and I was told my card would not be charged until the day of delivery so I'm just wondering how I know my order went through...(I definitely plan to call a day or two prior to confirm). Also, if the cake is being delivered to my resort room do we need to be present or will they be able to leave it in the room for it to be there when we return? Thanks in advance! 2 more weeks until we are home!!
Hello! In my past cake requests with Y&BC Fine Dining, I did not receive a confirmation email or number. Everything was done by phone including confirmation (I usually called about 3-4 days prior). For resort room delivery, you do not need to be present but you need to be checked in. For my past 2 deliveries to my BCV room, Fine Dining required my room reservation number.

They will tell you they can't do an Avatar/Pandora cake, but you can ask for a generic alien/exotic cake theme and get pretty close. Yacht & Beach Club even did the Tree of Souls on mine!

IMG_0286_zpsaaxe6rzs.jpg

IMG_0287_zpsvbczlrov.jpg

IMG_0288_zpsab59tl2g.jpg

IMG_0289_zpsjdvlvwpd.jpg

IMG_0290_zpsichk9vvv.jpg

IMG_0292_zpstlhzllz9.jpg

IMG_0293_zpsovx58z9u.jpg

IMG_0294_zpsjdeje9ay.jpg

IMG_0296_zpse6grkqct.jpg

IMG_0301_zpsuadvsypf.jpg

IMG_0274_zpsgimg0g0z.jpg

For scale :teeth:

IMG_0310_zpsxv2yp6gh.jpg

Here's the inside—I was surprised they let me put chocolate chips inside a mini cake. And the combination was soooooooo good! Rich, but tasty!

IMG_0318_zpsfw2dbarj.jpg

IMG_0319_zpsoahjpgvp.jpg

No, Hometree, Noooooooooooo! Not again!!!!! :rotfl2:

IMG_0321_zpsaxbygmez.jpg

No confirmation emails were received for my previous cakes. However, I would encourage you to call 2-3 days before and confirm (have them tell you the details they have on file). I had one experience were I "confirmed" and allowed them to just say "yes we have your order for delivery on (date)". The cake was not correct, tasted great, but not correct.

Hi there! We are staying at CBR in May and I want to have a celebration cake delivered there to commemorate our family's first Disney trip with our kids. I understand I order through Sebastian's who then orders from Boardwalk? Are we able to have a chocolate statue added for this location and if so - what options are available? thanks!

I called OKW yesterday to order a cake (6” vanilla buttercream, vanilla, Donald Duck theme) for next week. After finalizing it all yesterday, she called back today to say that the bakery is no longer offering the small 6” cake and that 8” is the smallest now.

I upgraded to the 8” (this is the start of our trip so we’ll probably have time to eat it haha...) but wanted to pass on the feedback to you all!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter